AQ vs Suite for Blu

jerseygirl3

I understand Blu is accessible to suite passengers provided there is space. So my question is, if an AQ passenger shows up for dinner and there is a suite passenger arriving just ahead of them, who gets priority? I ask because we've booked AQ specifically to dine in Blu, and although we'll be on Silhouette, I understand there are issues on Reflection with Blu since so many suite passenger are given access to Blu that AQ passengers had a hard time getting a table.

I understand Blu is accessible to suite passengers provided there is space. So my question is, if an AQ passenger shows up for dinner and there is a suite passenger arriving just ahead of them, who gets priority? I ask because we've booked AQ specifically to dine in Blu, and although we'll be on Silhouette, I understand there are issues on Reflection with Blu since so many suite passenger are given access to Blu that AQ passengers had a hard time getting a table.

Blu replaces the MDR for all AQ passengers, suite passengers are assigned to the MDR. As long as you are in AQ, you can eat in BLU, it is your dining room.

You are correct. They usually will not sent a suite passenger away. They will be seated ahead of you.

But you \will not have a problem getting a table in Blu on the Silhouette. There were problems on Reflection due to the increased number of passengers able to dine in Blu. You will be ok. Have a great trip!

You are correct. They usually will not sent a suite passenger away. They will be seated ahead of you.

But you \will not have a problem getting a table in Blu on the Silhouette. There were problems on Reflection due to the increased number of passengers able to dine in Blu. You will be ok. Have a great trip!

This is just one of the reasons to avoid the reflection....it was designed to increase celebrity revenue at the expense of passengers.

I am staying in a suite tonight on the Equinox. We had no problem eating in Blu.

The hostess, seated an AQ couple ahead of us, and of course I understood. She let me know that it was a priority to seat any suite guest in Blu.

This is just one of the reasons to avoid the reflection....it was designed to increase celebrity revenue at the expense of passengers.

Really? What exactly are they forcing you to buy?

By the way, we booked an AQ and never waited once to be seated in Blu.

I am sorry, but they will definitely send a Suite guest away if an Aqua Class guest is there waiting for dinner. We have seen this happen on all of our cruises and as above poster said, as a Suite guest they understood and waited for an opening.

I am sorry, but they will definitely send a Suite guest away if an Aqua Class guest is there waiting for dinner. We have seen this happen on all of our cruises and as above poster said, as a Suite guest they understood and waited for an opening.

Agree completely, have seen suite guests turned away, they will not do that for AQ guests since Blu is their dining room and it is not the dining room of suite guests.

Having stayed in suites as well as Aqua class, I never witnessed blu being full to capacity. Many Aqua class guest dine in specialty restaurants so we never had a problem getting seated if we wanted to dine for breakfast or dinner in Blu on all ships if we stayed in a suite

I agree with cruiseaholic

I guess it also depends on what you mean by a suite. Just off Solstice, we dined in Blu quite a bit especially at breakfast because the MDR was dire. Even when it looked quite full, we didn't have any problem and folks were seated in the order they arrived.

But there are very few of the high end suites (PH and RS) so I guess maybe we had a better experience than might have been the case if we were one of the much larger number of Sky/Celebrity passengers. Or maybe it was just that service was slick enough to keep things turning over.

Two things to note ..... in the evening we were politely asked to make a $5 each gratuity, which was no problem. Also, eggs Benedict isn't on the breakfast menu but ask and they are available.

On Reflection last month the MDR assistant waiter commented to me how so many of my fellow AQ passenger dine the MDR -- either they like the ambiance or food better. But for whatever reason, I saw my fair share of empty tables when I did dine at Blu, so there was space for suite guests. It's possible that a small number of tables are "held" for suite guests and if they're being used (either by AQ or suite guests) no other suite guests can be accommodated for the next hour or so...?

Having stayed in suites as well as Aqua class, I never witnessed blu being full to capacity. Many Aqua class guest dine in specialty restaurants so we never had a problem getting seated if we wanted to dine for breakfast or dinner in Blu on all ships if we stayed in a suite

Blu is open to suite guests for breakfast. It is open to suite guests at dinner on a space available basis. If you are in a suite and Are asked to wait or come back later, don't be upset or surprised. Just don't count on being seated anytime you arrive...irrespective of war stories you read here.

Really? What exactly are they forcing you to buy?

By the way, we booked an AQ and never waited once to be seated in Blu.

IMHO answer to your question about revenue is that the Reflection has a significant number of additional AQ guests due to an additional deck which includes AQ Suites. Additional cabins equals more revenue and a more crowded BLU. ...thus this comes at the "expense" of guests in terms of covenience and comfort.

IMHO answer to your question about revenue is that the Reflection has a significant number of additional AQ guests due to an additional deck which includes AQ Suites. Additional cabins equals more revenue and a more crowded BLU. ...thus this comes at the "expense" of guests in terms of covenience and comfort.

What expense? Blu was never crowded. In fact, the entire ship never felt crowded. Never had a problem finding a seat at the shows, bars, or pool. The Elite event was only half full. Not sure where comfort and convenience was lost. Sorry Celebrity wants to increase revenue but it certainly had no effect on my cruise.

They are in the business to make money. Even with the Increased AQ cabins on Reflection, Blu was never crowded when we sailed on her a month ago. My convenience and comfort was never called into play.

What are the other reason's to avoid Reflection?

Smaller sky lounge...the only indoor bar where you can watch the scenery. Aqua passengers far exceed the small increase in blu tables. Cabanas now block most of the view from the lawn. more people to tender...

We loved Blu on Equinox...Chef Joe is special, for sure. We were an S1 last month and were quickly seated every time...no wait, ever...

We're due to sail on Equinox in the summer and hope to dine in Blu. Were you asked for $5 to dine there?

Thanks in advance!

We're due to sail on Equinox in the summer and hope to dine in Blu. Were you asked for $5 to dine there?

Thanks in advance!

We sailed on Equinox in a suite on a TA and dined in Blu every night. We were with two other couples who were AQ, and never once were we asked to pay the $5 to dine there.

What expense? Blu was never crowded. In fact, the entire ship never felt crowded. Never had a problem finding a seat at the shows, bars, or pool. The Elite event was only half full. Not sure where comfort and convenience was lost. Sorry Celebrity wants to increase revenue but it certainly had no effect on my cruise.

Fortunate for you that you had an "uncrowded experience." My experiences have been different. In multiple cruises in AQ class I have dealt with crowding issues at the pool and, more relevant to this thread, crowding issues with up to a 25 minute wait for two of us to eat in Blu for dinner. The even "expanded" Blu on Reflection has the least favorable Blu eligible passenger to table capacity ratio of all Celebrity ships. Different cruises present different circumstances, depending on passenger makeup and whether the ship is full, but I believe that the point of the previous poster about sacrifice of passenger convenience/comfort in favor of revenue, is indeed a valid one.

Fortunate for you that you had an "uncrowded experience." My experiences have been different. In multiple cruises in AQ class I have dealt with crowding issues at the pool and, more relevant to this thread, crowding issues with up to a 25 minute wait for two of us to eat in Blu for dinner. The even "expanded" Blu on Reflection has the least favorable Blu eligible passenger to table capacity ratio of all Celebrity ships. Different cruises present different circumstances, depending on passenger makeup and whether the ship is full, but I believe that the point of the previous poster about sacrifice of passenger convenience/comfort in favor of revenue, is indeed a valid one.

Sounds like you picked the wrong time to go to dinner. By the way, where do you find Blu's "eligible passenger to table capacity ratio" by ship? I'd love to read about the others.

Have to agree with Gregg. We were on the same sailing and the Reflection never felt crowded. We were in a suite but did not try Blu as we prefer the other specialty dining venues. I would not hesitate to cruise on this ship again. It was outstanding.

I am the OP and it was my TA who mentioned that many complaints were coming from Reflection passengers about the crowding of Blu on Reflection. She does lots of business with Celebrity so I'm guessing she has a pretty good idea of how people are feeling about it. I'm not saying it's happening on every sailing, but enough of them for her to give her opinion about clients asking her about booking an AQ cabin so they can dine in Blu.

Archived