Ündressed Dress Code

max101

Once you've seen two, you've seen them all.

Hollywood has proven the reverse. Some of us will always be fascinated by a well-formed human being.

Mother nature has "designed" the gene code of many men to appreciate certain visual stimuli. If "they" were only designed as a feeding mechanism, nature would have made them as temporary as their need.

I have a very Ferengi mentality... ;)

First sea day on Med Cruise in August my daughter and I witnessed a 65 year old very over tanned topless sunbather.

And I'm as turned on as ever by my 65 year old wife as my aging body allows...:D

However as the success of Dancing With the Stars may indicate, it's all about the packaging..

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who doesn't see a big deal about it? Then again I live in a province where topless women is generally legal anywhere men can be topless.

They're just breasts, really. I can't imagine anyone is going to be damaged by seeing other people's body parts, regardless of how attractive or unattractive it might be.

And yup, I have a three year old son and it wouldn't bother me if he saw topless women.

Amen! (o)(o) :D

If men can go topless, why shouldn't women be able to go topless? That some people cannot internalize that the real purpose of the female breast is to provide nourishment to those womens' infants really is the problem.

OMG....I know what breast are for.....and I must say that some infants must be much happier than others :) If we all subscribed to this idea, the entire silicone industry would collapse (pun intended)

And if you are talking about the "yewww" factor there are many men who should not be topless. :D

And we should also have guidelines as to the sizing and cut of men's bathing trunks! :p

I agree with this so much that I don't wear a bathing suit or go topless.......I once looked in the mirror and that svelte athletic body is but a memory.....

Having an area for topless (or nude ) sunbaking, is as appropriate as having an area for gambling, for art shows, for smoking, for exercising, or for watching glass blowing shows. And yes, while I like seeing (some people's) naked bodies, I would prefer it if they were in the privacy of my cabin, but that doesn't mean people cannot relax and get their all over tan in an appropriate location.

I do not know what the big deal is.:D

We were on Carnival Spirit in 2005, Hawaii to Alaska. I discovered the topless bathing deck up top one day. There was a little sign at the stairway up to that deck 'Beware - Topless Bathing in this Area.' I had to investigate. LOL...

I know what area you're talking about. My DH, me and our two late teen sons all laid out there because it was the quietest place on the whole ship. Seems most people were afraid to go up there and those that did, were disappointed to find 3 men going topless and a fluffy-sized woman not going topless (on second thought maybe that was a blessing!). ;)

I think this must be an American problem - I have no problem with people sunbathing topless if they want to, or with my husband or teenage sons seeing them. But it seems much of The US (not all, I know) wants the right to watch violent movies, play violent video games and own guns, but can't cope with breasts on view in public...makes me wonder what the general attitude is to breast feeding in public

I think this must be an American problem - I have no problem with people sunbathing topless if they want to, or with my husband or teenage sons seeing them. But it seems much of The US (not all, I know) wants the right to watch violent movies, play violent video games and own guns, but can't cope with breasts on view in public...makes me wonder what the general attitude is to breast feeding in public

I'm right along with you. I am from the U.S. and so is my DH but we really could care less. You have a very, very good point.

...makes me wonder what the general attitude is to breast feeding in public

It is becoming a lot more accepted and is protected in many states. There are articles on national news sites all the times about mothers being kicked out of X or Y, or embarassed by security guards in some way though. So in many places it is still a BIG DEAL. It is often suggested that mothers (even ones who cover themselves up well, because generally any woman in public will throw a blanket over the kid so they are completely covered) should be going into a bathroom to do that (who wants to feed a kid in the bathroom?) If you google search some articles you'll see a lot of silly comments like "pooping is natural too, but I don't want to see someone do that in the middle of a mall!"

My personal view is that I'd rather keep myself covered up, but if I'm REQUIRED to be covered, men should be too. There are many men who have larger areas of breast tissue than I do. Why do they get to flop around in public view?

Remember those Puritans that left England way back during the reign of James 1? They left their mark on our society. :(

There are many groups who also complain about the violence in movies and video games, but the producers and game companies have good lobbies. Owning guns has nothing to do with it, as thousands of people in the US are responsible gun owners who use their guns to shoot meat for the table. If they didn't, we would be overrun with deer and such.

if I'm REQUIRED to be covered, men should be too. There are many men who have larger areas of breast tissue than I do. Why do they get to flop around in public view?

Exactly! There are many places where it is legal for a woman to be topless anywhere it is legal for a man to be. In fact, a couple of states have that kind of law. But there are way too many people who are not comfortable in their own skin, and for some reason they think seeing skin is 'wrong'. Sadly, there are more of them than there are people who are comfortable in their bodies.

Personally, I like feeling the sun on my skin and I have no problem with the Solstice deck being marked as top optional.

And yes, I am a parent as well, and my youngest is a late teen male. He tends to disappear if he thinks I'll be showing certain parts, but that is just because I'm mom. Any other female he notices and moves on, whatever she is wearing. Living in a college town, there are plenty of barely clad young women at various times of the year.

Irrespective of the country of origin of folks, this is really another case of the "me" phenomena we have today. I can do anything I want because I'm me....and I don't care about others....if they don't like it, they can move, etc. It's OK at home, so I should be able to do it anywhere.

If Celebrity chooses to have a topless, nude area of their ships, then great....you can use it. If not, then don't impose your views on others. I don't care what you think that I should think, I prefer not to have my son exposed to your exposed parts and he likes to sit around the pool or walk public areas of the ship.

This really is no different than the folks who say "I'll wear what I want to dinner"....now here's a topic for another thread on ladies dress code: Is topless OK on formal nights? is topless considered "smart casual".

I have no problem at all with nursing mothers in public places....and I think it's important to protect those rights. I don't think it's OK to walk around Walmarts with no top on just letting "the girls" hang there.

As a male speaking from experience, no, if you've seen one pair, you have not seen them all. That's just a "catch all" remark because it can be applied to snow capped mountains, caribbean ports, and so on. I will unabashedly admit that I do find some quite a bit nicer to look at than others. I can't help but think that some posting how we all should support topless in this thread might fall/sag into the latter group...but without seeing "the girls", that's just a guess on my part.

Remember those Puritans that left England way back during the reign of James 1? They left their mark on our society.

Sorry!

There are many groups who also complain about the violence in movies and video games, but the producers and game companies have good lobbies. Owning guns has nothing to do with it, as thousands of people in the US are responsible gun owners who use their guns to shoot meat for the table. If they didn't, we would be overrun with deer and such.

Yes, point taken - I was thinking of non-hunting rifles. Deer do indeed need to be culled - for their own good as well as the rest of the coutnryside.

Irrespective of the country of origin of folks, this is really another case of the "me" phenomena we have today. I can do anything I want because I'm me....and I don't care about others....if they don't like it, they can move, etc. It's OK at home, so I should be able to do it anywhere.

If Celebrity chooses to have a topless, nude area of their ships, then great....you can use it. If not, then don't impose your views on others. I don't care what you think that I should think, I prefer not to have my son exposed to your exposed parts and he likes to sit around the pool or walk public areas of the ship.

I really don't think it is a 'me' thing - I do think it's cultural. I don't understand why so many in the US are so puritan on this, but I would not seek to impose my views on you - I think it would be reasonable to have an area specifically for topless sunbathing, so you can avoid it if you want to, much in the same way many European beaches have a naturist section at one end.

Archived