Steaks Offered in Muranos?

cruisecrasy

On the Century soon and I luv steak. :)

Planning on booking Muranos but am confused. Celebrity website lists only 'Chateaubriand for 2' (am travelling solo so can't order it) but no other steak offered..

Does anyone, who has recently dined in Muranos on the Century, remember if there was anything else in the way of a steak offered on their menu? Saw another Murano menu posted by a recent cruiser and it showed a different steak offered as well as the 'Chat. for 2'...

Odd if the answer is NO cause have dined in many specialty restaurants on many cruiselines including Celebrity & the Century before and have never been denied a steak..

Thanks so much in advance. :)

I would be shocked if they weren't willing to make a Filet Mignon for you. Stop by and chat with the Maitre 'D and I'm 99.9% sure they would make a steak for you. ENJOY. Murano on Century (six years ago) was still our all time favorite dining experience at sea.

Ate at Muranos twice while on the Century this winter. We were a party of 8 and I know some of the men had steak.

I had Dover Sole , the best ever and lobster the other time.

You are in for a treat dining in Murano's:)

Enjoy and have a great cruise.

Not on the menu, but we talked with the Maitre'D ahead of time, and they fixed us Steak Diane table side.

I researched past Murano menus and what a 'downer'. :( They have reduced it to a shadow of its former 'glory', unfortunately! Even the 'Surf & Turf' is GONE! :(

If one can order something in advance why can't they list it on the menu because if they can supply it the meat is obviously onboard?

I was going to do the 5 nite package but now I think I'll just do the 3 instead.

Even the desserts have dwindled to ONLY two and how expensive can a dessert be? Certainly not like the past and yet the price has rocketed upward!! :(

Thanks so much to all who responded and for the 'order in advance' suggestion!! :)

I researched past Murano menus and what a 'downer'. :( They have reduced it to a shadow of its former 'glory', unfortunately! Even the 'Surf & Turf' is GONE! :(

If one can order something in advance why can't they list it on the menu because if they can supply it the meat is obviously onboard?

I was going to do the 5 nite package but now I think I'll just do the 3 instead.

Even the desserts have dwindled to ONLY two and how expensive can a dessert be? Certainly not like the past and yet the price has rocketed upward!! :(

Thanks so much to all who responded and for the 'order in advance' suggestion!! :)

We were on Equinox last November and set up a time in Murano a couple days ahead. It was a birthday celebration for a couple of us in our group of 6. Asked for the Steak Diane ahead of time. When we ordered that evening, they also cooked up a couple of their lobster dishes table side to share between us. It was excellent.

I was on Century in 2011 and ate in Murano and had a regular filet

mignon.......so that was 2 years ago. I would not worry about what

is printed on the web and I am quite sure you will be able to have one.

Go see the Maitr'd about it:)

We just got off the Equinox TA. 8 of us ate in Murano on a 2 for 1 rate. They had what I think was called petite filet on the menu. It was 3 very small filets wrapped in puff pastry. Some of us debated ordering the lobster and the waiter said he would prepare lobster tableside for all us. He did and everything was excellent. There were also several dessert choices. We were so full we didn't order any but our waiter insisted. He prepared a strawberry crepe tableside and brought 4 different desserts to pass around. All were wonderful.

Had 4 dinners in Murano last month on Silhouette. The Trios of filets was very good, but the lobster prepared table side was the best lobster dish I have EVER had!:):):)

BILL

I luv steak. :)

Planning on booking Muranos but am confused. Celebrity website lists only 'Chateaubriand for 2' but no other steak offered

They will also do the Chateaubriand for ONE! ;)

We were on Eclipse a couple of weeks ago and, as mentioned, there was NO steak on the menu, other than chateaubriand. Frankly, we were a bit disappointed in Murano. It wasn't as special as it used to be.

If you want a great steak, head over to Tuscan Grill. Their filet mignon was outstanding. Murano only offered the chateaubriand and it did not compare to the beef at Tuscan Grill on the Reflection.

We ate in Muranos on the Eclipse in April and requested a filet because one of us didn't care for anything else on the menu. The waiter said he would have to check with the chef. Some one else came by the table and questioned that we didn't like the menu. In the end my cabin mate was served the steak.

I always order (and look forward to) the Dover sole.

Linda

In checking the menus, I found another very strange thing. Celebrity made a point of discontinuing foie gras on their menus....it used to be my favorite appetizer in the specialty restaurants. But if you look at the five senses menus on the M-class ships and century (on celebrity's web site), you'll find foie gras as a choice on course 3. Very strange....and if true, perhaps Peta would be interested (again)

http://www.peta.org/about/victories/royal-caribbeans-celebrity-cruise-dumps-foie-gras.aspx

And yes, Celebrity has certainly reduced the dessert choices.....sad because my wife would not enjoy either that are now offered.

Doesn't seem like a good business plan when they raise the cost and reduce the menu....but I vote with my $'s.

Sorry if I appear slow but am I to understand that there are now only TWO desserts on offer at Murano :eek:.

If I am totally honest my only real reason for dining there is for the pancakes made with strawberries and Chambord!

Sorry if I appear slow but am I to understand that there are now only TWO desserts on offer at Murano :eek:.

If I am totally honest my only real reason for dining there is for the pancakes made with strawberries and Chambord!

There were more than 2 desserts offered at Murano but the promotional menu listed only 2. That also got me concerned. The crepes balon rouge were as good as ever! They also offered creme brule, a cocoa cake, a sampler dessert, ice cream and maybe another one or two.

There were more than 2 desserts offered at Murano but the promotional menu listed only 2. That also got me concerned. The crepes balon rouge were as good as ever! They also offered creme brule, a cocoa cake, a sampler dessert, ice cream and maybe another one or two.

Thanks for this - I am salivating already :D.

Since when only 2????

Is this a case of people jumping the gun yet again? I

was on Solstice in March and I can guarantee there was more than 2 deserts...because I have to be very choosey what I eat as I have a nut allergy and have become extremely picky.

There is also the dark chocolate souffle with the little jug of creme anglaise.

Since when only 2????

Is this a case of people jumping the gun yet again? I

was on Solstice in March and I can guarantee there was more than 2 deserts...because I have to be very choosey what I eat as I have a nut allergy and have become extremely picky.

It may be a case that we believe that the Celebrity web site menus are accurate.....shame on me, I should know better

Not on the menu, but we talked with the Maitre'D ahead of time, and they fixed us Steak Diane table side.

Just off the Solstice & knew the Maitre 'D & he also made Steak Diane table side for us. It used to be on their menu a few years back. It was fabulous, but we did have to give him a day's notice ahead ofmtime.

It may be a case that we believe that the Celebrity web site menus are accurate.....shame on me, I should know better

Or.....like most people when they view menus on land based restaurants on the web understand that usually the menus are a representative of what maybe available and may not actually be what is available on a given day...but suddenly when stepping onto sea we suddenly lose that ability to understand that may also apply to a cruise line menu on a web site.

Also if you look at, for example, the website on the Bistro on 5 menu it does not display a single desert but only says gelato is available.....at prices.....however, we all know that there are several deserts available including desert crepe ones.

Therefore, critical AND logical thinking would denote that if one menu is missing items then the rest are likely to as well.....

If you want a great steak, head over to Tuscan Grill. Their filet mignon was outstanding. Murano only offered the chateaubriand and it did not compare to the beef at Tuscan Grill on the Reflection.

I had the filet mignon on Eclipse last month at Tuscan Grille. It was truly one of the best steaks I've eaten in a long time.

Archived