Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

I got the confirmation from the shipyard this morning, that the float out of the Quantum of the Seas will take place on August 12 4pm (and not August 13th).

The float-in of the 2 Anthem megablocks will last far into the night. I will try to stream as long as possible.

Thanks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using forums app

I thought it would be bigger. Maybe it's just the picture angle.

Glad I'm not the only one that thought that. After thinking about it though my expectations were to high. They were presenting it as being huge but in reality it is the same size as the main theater of a Voyager/Freedom class ship, just at the other end of the ship.

I got the confirmation from the shipyard this morning, that the float out of the Quantum of the Seas will take place on August 12 4pm (and not August 13th).

The float-in of the 2 Anthem megablocks will last far into the night. I will try to stream as long as possible.

Thank you! I don't know what we would do without you and Lloyd!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Thank you! I don't know what we would do without you and Lloyd!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Gusty winds could delay tomorrow's float out.

Use Google Translate or Bing Translate to translate! :rolleyes:

http://www.noz.de/lokales/papenburg/artikel/497683/ausdocken-der-quantum-of-the-seas-vom-wind-abhangig

I sent an email to Meyer about why their webcam was down and they answered very quickly! So they appear to have the webcam up and running again ...

"Dear Sir,

sorry for the problem with our webcam and thanks for advising us of the problem! We solve it, so now you should have a clear view in our Hall 6.

If there are any problems, please let us know.

Yours sincerely,

Imke Weber"

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/werft/das_unternehmen/webcam/webcam.jsp

webcam.jpg

edit: sparkx confirmed it earlier...

New webcam image is up ...

Divider looks to have been removed

Edited by podgeandrodge

So what do you think we'll get to see tomorrow at the float out?

Wrapped animal sculpture. If it ain't a gorilla, what is it?

I don't know if I can bear the suspense? :D

I was looking through some old vacation pix the other day. I spied a "creature" in the background of the Allure "MoveIt, MoveIt" parade that has it's arms in the same position as our mummy/gorilla object. It was a purple or blue dinosaur/godzilla type thing - Maybe the dragon from 'How to Train Your Dragon"??, which I've never seen. The thing is I have NO recollection of actually seeing this thing, except for in my photos. Anyone know and agree with my guess? I can't tell from my one blurry picture if it was a part of the parade or is affixed above the Promenade either. Guess I wasn't being very observant.:o

Yes, I know my pic is tiny. I don't have a photo hosting site. Sorry.

EDIT: My daughter informs me this is Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon. Perhaps Toothless will be more permanently affixed near the kids' pool.

P1020080.jpg.0907ca6385df3e19b468e9f5b9fb05f5.jpg

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

For those of you who are interested in some recent pics...

Here is a link to pictures taken on Saturday, August 8th. We had a meeting of a German/Austrian cruise forum in Papenburg Germany. Thanks to Royal Caribbean we got a VIP-Tour of the shipyard and were allowed to post in front of Quantum (usually off limits) for some group photos.

https://plus.google.com/photos/115329951158712806430/albums/6046048809975988145?authkey=CJqky8aIzOmofw

ZirDe0zVoKXIBVixJhLf9gvM83i_LnDf2BI1SCxu0V0=w338-h225-p-no

The pics show Quantum (of course), the "slices" of Anthem and some blocks of Anthem (theatre etc.) It was awesome to see it live.

BTW: Our group was accompanied by a very nice lady of Royal Caribbean for three days, asking and answering all kinds of questions.

Thank you Royal Caribbean!!!

Oliver

Oliver - Great pictures you took. Thanks for sharing.

Here is a link to pictures taken on Saturday, August 8th. We had a meeting of a German/Austrian cruise forum in Papenburg Germany. Thanks to Royal Caribbean we got a VIP-Tour of the shipyard and were allowed to post in front of Quantum (usually off limits) for some group photos.

https://plus.google.com/photos/115329951158712806430/albums/6046048809975988145?authkey=CJqky8aIzOmofw

The pics show Quantum (of course), the "slices" of Anthem and some blocks of Anthem (theatre etc.) It was awesome to see it live.

BTW: Our group was accompanied by a very nice lady of Royal Caribbean for three days, asking and answering all kinds of questions.

Oliver

Awesome pics!!

Oliver

Nice photos. Glad you could share them with us.

I like the bigger album as well.

https://plus.google.com/photos/114376837490482479695/albums/6046295040914390689?banner=pwa

So what do you think we'll get to see tomorrow at the float out?

I guess I am referring mostly to the top deck, which we haven't had a good look at. We'll get a closer view of some parts of it.

There will be at least one drone at the float out. If Meyer Werft lets the operator use it, we can see some good views of the top deck.

So, anyhow, hope to see ...

Better view of inside of Two70, what with the windows' outer clear protective plastic having been removed. There is a white wrap on lower half of inside of the windows that you can see in latest photos. It may still be there tomorrow.

Better view of inside of inside the Solarium and the enclosed pool area.

Exterior pool area, H2O Zone.

Unassembled North Star. Or is it being stored elsewhere?

Unassembled RipCord. I believe that I've seen the top portion of the RipCord in an open door photo. I don't think it's yet atop the two base pieces - too tall!!?

The FlowRider. It will look like all other FlowRiders of course, but we may get to see the seating area up close.

Wrapped animal sculpture. If it ain't a gorilla, what is it?

A closer view of glass shelters on deck 5. If the protective paper has been removed from the glass, we may get to see inside them. What exactly are they? Bars? Eating area? Smoking shelters?

Lifeboats on the davits.

Anything else?

I don't know if I can bear the suspense? :D

I hope that we get to see all of these and more! It's going to be a busy week of float out pics and videos!

Thanks

So we are looking at 10AM Tuesday morning on the East coast of the USA.

I can't watch YouTube at work but maybe I can catch a glimpse on the Mayer Werft site. I will watch your video later when I get home. Thanks for filming these events.

Denise

Thanks to everyone in this thread for the up-to-date photos of Quantum! Now with 100 days to go and tomorrow's float out, things are heating up! We aren't sailing on her until next January, hopefully, by then RCI has announced the bars on board! LOL!

Don't worry. I think there will be a few, Bars that is. :D I think one is supposed to be frozen. Although in January that might not be all that wonderful. I am on QOS in January as well.

Denise

Float out of Quantum of the Seas

Expected Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2014, approx. 06:00 am

Based on the current wind conditions the float out of the Quantum of the Seas is going to be Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 06:00 am. As soon as we can give more detailed information, we are going to publish them here.

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/besucher/termine_1/wichtige_termine.jsp

We have to wait. Early tomorrow morning now!

Based on the current wind conditions the float out of the Quantum of the Seas is going to be Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 06:00 am. As soon as we can give more detailed information, we are going to publish them here.

Learn more about Quantum of the Seas.

We have to wait. Early tomorrow morning now!

Learn more about Quantum of the Seas.

Midnight tonight here on the East

Coast. Guess I'll be up late tonight with a few bags under my eyes tomorrow.

Edited by Babyrocko1908

The Live YouTube feed just updated to the new time.

Hi,

I saw that! :confused: I wonder if thats the next weather window?

Looks like I will be watching a replay on YouTube, 4 am BST is a too little early even for getting my 1st proper look at QoS. Oh well, I've waited this long but it's still disappointing.

I hope no one has set their alarm early to see it today!

Roll on Dec 1st!

Best,

Lesley & Mark

Hi,

I also saw this earlier;

http://o.canada.com/travel/cruise-news-views-and-gossipfrom-all-the-ships-at-sea

I wondered if they would do the reveal before then? Or wait until after this event?

We haven't cruised with RCI before or on new ship, so I'm not sure how these things normally go.......

Warm regards,

Lesley & Mark

Midnight tonight here on the East

Coast. Guess I'll be up late tonight with a few bags under my eyes tomorrow.

Oh boy, gonna be a really late night. Somebody get the coffee. Like when that term paper is due.

Although the Christmas morning analogy works too. 🎁

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk