Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

Excited to be going in May! Let's talk cash and how much I might need. I know I need the balance, 17 for taxi each way, and some tip money! How much did you tip your waiter? We tip 15-20% of the admission fee - plus I give the bartenders a few $ for practicing Spanish while I enjoy the swim up bar

Does the 17.00 taxis ride include the tip? Nope - for good service we usually give him $20 and let him keep the change

I have to go read my receipt, but I need the balance in cash right? We always pay the balance in cash I'll take my own towel and float. Anything I'm missing ???

Thanks for the help.

Cash - especially small bills ($1 and $5) are always handy as change can be an issue - float, photos, snorkel tour, etc. Enjoy! :)

Thanks for all the help exactly what I was looking for. Last thing on To Do List is calling Verizon. I need to keep in touch with my single daughter and grandchild. Does anyone know of a spot where I can send a quick text message while in port?

Thanks for all the help exactly what I was looking for. Last thing on To Do List is calling Verizon. I need to keep in touch with my single daughter and grandchild. Does anyone know of a spot where I can send a quick text message while in port?

Debra, one last thing as far as the taxi fare... the $17 is good for up to four people, so if you find another couple to share the ride with you, that will save you as well.

Have fun!

Just a tip. I have Verizon also and signed up for their Global data plan for my last cruise to Cozumel, Belize and Roatan. Turns out, only Cozumel was included in their Global plan so I got slammed with a huge bill when I got home. You might be better off paying for an internet plan on the boat and emailing.

We were just at Nachi 4/16 and absolutely loved it! We had Carlos as our waiter and he was literally running up and down the beach in the hot sun waiting on people all day...he def got and earned a very nice tip! And I didn't find the drinks to be weak at all! In fact, I was afraid I just might be a participant in the "running of the drunks"!

The water was calm when we were there and loved swimming in the ocean. Hit the pool a couple times, but it got way too warm for me by the second time we took a dip. But it was a very nice pool otherwise.

The food was fantastic. I got the quac..to die for! Went for the fruit for my salad part. Too many marqaritas and don't remember my main entre! But I was full! We shared the desserts and nobody finished them but they were delicious.

I had an amazing massage on the beach! Dorita was my therapist and she was excellent...I say this from a professional view as I am a massage therapist myself...these women know what they are doing and worth every penny!

We absolutely enjoyed every minute of our day and if we ever find ourselves cruising back to Cozumel, I would not hesitate for minute to make Nachi our home for the day again!

How much was the massage?

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to drop in and post about our experience at Nachi on April 23.

It looks like we are in the minority since we didn't love Nachi :( It is a beautiful setting but it just didn't live up to the "hype". The beach is nice but the sand is very deep and hard to walk on if you have any knee issues (like my sister in law). We were able to get the last table available at the pool so that worked better for us.

Back to the beach....there was one person raking and attempting to maintain it. But with a little more effort I think this beach could be just wonderful. The seas were rough the day we were there but I know I would have enjoyed getting in - if we could have set up on the beach.

Our waiter was Manuel and I guess because we were two ladies - he seldom came by to check on us and I had to send Carlos to get him 3 times. Nonetheless, I tipped him $20 for the two of us at the end and that seemed to get his attention - since he called for our taxi back to the ship and it arrived in minutes :)

One thing that we really didn't like was the glass bottles everywhere. In the pool and around the pool. It seems crazy not to use plastic! The people at the table next to us were having so much fun that two bottles eventually broke on the pool deck and glass was everywhere. Although, the staff attempted to clean it up we continued to find glass all around our table.

Lastly, there were definitely more than 100 people there during our visit. There were families that entered in the afternoon which appeared to be related to the staff based on the interaction and the gear/towels that they brought with them. We were hoping for a quieter place to relax but the young children got very loud and took over the stair area to the pool. They only stayed about an hour or so and by about 2 PM the place was very quiet and peaceful again.

Overall, it was a good day - hey we were on vacation afterall! The guacamole was very good and the rest of the food was tasty. But I was expecting just a bit more and for us this AI wasn't what we were looking for in the end.

Nachi has wifi in the bar area. Not free, but cheap for the day. Cannot remember exactly, but a negligible fee, all things considered. See the photo lady, she'll set you up with the password.

Nachi has wifi in the bar area. Not free, but cheap for the day. Cannot remember exactly, but a negligible fee, all things considered. See the photo lady, she'll set you up with the password.

Only $5 for the day, not sure how fast the connection is....

Just wanted to drop in and post about our experience at Nachi on April 23.

It looks like we are in the minority since we didn't love Nachi :( It is a beautiful setting but it just didn't live up to the "hype". The beach is nice but the sand is very deep and hard to walk on if you have any knee issues (like my sister in law). We were able to get the last table available at the pool so that worked better for us.

Back to the beach....there was one person raking and attempting to maintain it. But with a little more effort I think this beach could be just wonderful. The seas were rough the day we were there but I know I would have enjoyed getting in - if we could have set up on the beach.

Our waiter was Manuel and I guess because we were two ladies - he seldom came by to check on us and I had to send Carlos to get him 3 times. Nonetheless, I tipped him $20 for the two of us at the end and that seemed to get his attention - since he called for our taxi back to the ship and it arrived in minutes :)

One thing that we really didn't like was the glass bottles everywhere. In the pool and around the pool. It seems crazy not to use plastic! The people at the table next to us were having so much fun that two bottles eventually broke on the pool deck and glass was everywhere. Although, the staff attempted to clean it up we continued to find glass all around our table.

Lastly, there were definitely more than 100 people there during our visit. There were families that entered in the afternoon which appeared to be related to the staff based on the interaction and the gear/towels that they brought with them. We were hoping for a quieter place to relax but the young children got very loud and took over the stair area to the pool. They only stayed about an hour or so and by about 2 PM the place was very quiet and peaceful again.

Overall, it was a good day - hey we were on vacation afterall! The guacamole was very good and the rest of the food was tasty. But I was expecting just a bit more and for us this AI wasn't what we were looking for in the end.

Thanks for you review. We are looking at Nachi for one of two more upcoming stops in Cozumel. On our last one we went to Paradise Beach. It was okay, but we were not blown away. The weather wasn't great, which wasn't their fault, but the food was not great. We paid over $40US for "Mexican" food. I can get better at home for almost half the price. I make my own which is better. Their guacamole was just okay, my own is beter (which I will be eating some tonight). We were not impressed. The pool was great. But we have been to better beach clubs in Tulum. The free Wifi was a plus that allowed us to do a quick Skype with family back home. So that is something that Paradise Beach has over Nachi, free wifi.

Not sure what we will do on our next two stops. We were very impressed with Ziggy's in Tulum, but that was on a land trip to Cancun. Not sure it is really doable on a cruise stop in Cozumel, because it is on the mainland and would require a bus trip to Tulum. We will look in to Nachi and even Mr Sanchos. Perhaps even at the Beach Hop Cozumel.

Edited by dioxide45

Only $5 for the day, not sure how fast the connection is....

It wasn't fast enough for Skype and as far as I could tell there was only one other person connected. They took my phone and entered the wifi password themselves, I guess so I couldn't post it here or some such thing.

Just got back from a cruise on the Carnival Magic on Sunday. We did Nachi Cocum on the May 8th and it was great once again. The beach was very clean, the food was great, and the drinks were plenty. We even rented the jet skis again and had a great time. The drinks were weak at the beginning but we asked to make them a little stronger -- and they did. They even helped carry the bags up to the entrance area and had a taxi waiting.

We did bring a 8 month old and a 3 year old this time. We have been there before many times and never seen many kids but we did this time. There were a lot but still a very relaxing day there. The only negative is that there was a 5 year old boy who walked up to the pool, dropped his shorts, and peed right in it. The parents were right there at the tables and didn't do anything so we didn't go back in. lol

• 3 weeks later...
We have only taken cruise ship excursions.

Are the cabs waiting lined up at the port? Are there cabs there at Nachi to return?

Cabs in Coz are fairly well regulated (much better than cabs in Philly! :mad:) - there will be a line of taxis and an expediter coordinating the line outside of your pier area (there are 3 on Coz - write down the name of yours because after 10-12 margaritas you might forget :o). There will be a board with fares to popular tourist spots clearly posted - it never hurts to confirm your fare with the driver before you get into the cab. Taxi to Nachi for up to 4 passengers should be about $17 each way.

When you are ready to leave Nachi if there are no cabs waiting your waiter will call for one - I've never waited longer than about 3 minutes. Same cab fare will get you back to your pier. Enjoy your cruise and visit to Nachi! :)

Regarding taxi: Are there vehicles that will accommodate 5 people?

We were on Oasis of the Seas the week of 5/9-5/16 and were in Cozumel on the 14th. This was our 1st time going to Nachi. Seems like the majority of the taxis were vans so you will not have any problems getting a taxi accommodate 5 people. My wife and I were in a van with just the two of us on our trip to Nachi and the return trip back to the pier.

I'm sold on Nachi and will be in Coz on Carnival Paradise in August. My question is to whether we will have enough time to enjoy the resort- the stated times for the Cozumel stop are: arriving at 11 AM and departing at 8 PM.

I would imagine that with disembarkation, the stroll to the taxi stand and the taxi ride itself that we could be at NC by 12:30 PM, leaving us 4.5 hours there. Seems like enough. Any thoughts?

Thank you

Michael

I'm sold on Nachi and will be in Coz on Carnival Paradise in August. My question is to whether we will have enough time to enjoy the resort- the stated times for the Cozumel stop are: arriving at 11 AM and departing at 8 PM.

I would imagine that with disembarkation, the stroll to the taxi stand and the taxi ride itself that we could be at NC by 12:30 PM, leaving us 4.5 hours there. Seems like enough. Any thoughts?

Thank you

Michael

If you are cruising from the east coast during the summer, and your ship stays on east coast time, you should be an hour ahead of Coz time (they do not adjust for daylight savings anymore). For some ships with later hours a few of the beach clubs will adjust to stay open later - check their web sites (Nachi, Mr. Sanchos, etc.).

Thank you

Michael

I recall that they stay open - or extend your time - for ships that arrive later. Sine it is summer, it will be light longer, so enjoy.

That's what she said...

If you are cruising from the east coast during the summer, and your ship stays on east coast time, you should be an hour ahead of Coz time (they do not adjust for daylight savings anymore). For some ships with later hours a few of the beach clubs will adjust to stay open later - check their web sites (Nachi, Mr. Sanchos, etc.).

I was too lazy to think about that, JohninDC. We're coming from Tampa so the 11 AM arrival time stated by Carnival would be EST, therefore 10 AM Cozumel/CST time. That would give me an extra hour and that would be perfect. Even leaving Nachi at 5 PM would be 6 PM EST with an 8 PM departure and that would be enough time to get back. :cool:

I recall that they stay open - or extend your time - for ships that arrive later. Sine it is summer, it will be light longer, so enjoy.

That's what she said...

<snicker>:D

• 1 month later...
Lovermonkey, I'm just trying to get you ready for a fantastic time...LOL! You'll have a ball!

Hey by the way, I'm in the Chi and I see that you're from Montgomery IL? Looks as though you'll be leaving at just the right time, based on the upcoming couple of week's weather predictions. :eek:

I forgot to post pictures. We did have a great time. It is worth the money.

DSCN4586_zps90c4419b.jpg

DSCN4605_zpsce934758.jpg.

DSCN4629_zps86cdc0a5.jpg

DSCN4623_zps2e939552.jpg

• 1 month later...

Last September when we went we had no issue getting a taxi van for the six of us. We forgot about the hour time difference so we actually showed up an hour early to Nachi. They let us in to find our loungers, and then just asked us to pay once they were fully open. They are very welcoming no matter what time you get there.

Edited by Giffer