Bon Voyage Dawn Princes Round Europe Cruise 2013

Hello from the princess theatre waiting for the talk on safaga ..... Lets see if we go still

I was thinking ..Gosh thats early for a port talk on Safaga , 18 days before you get there , but then I suppose with it being such a big day there is a lot to organise and finalise , re numbers going to the Valley of the Kings , the number of buses and the extra security they will need.

I note from one of the blogs, some on board with no Indian Visas - no get off the ship in Mumbai and not happy ! One would of assumed those matters would have been organised pre cruise.

I note from one of the blogs, some on board with no Indian Visas - no get off the ship in Mumbai and not happy ! One would of assumed those matters would have been organised pre cruise.

I would have thought that Visas would be one of the first things you would check out , even before paying a deposit.

They must have been very last minute bookings.

Our travel agent would not allow us to book without organising a Visa .

However on reading the blog it would appear the bloggers are not wanting to get off the ship in India anyway.

I thought that even if you were in Territorial waters of countries that required a Visa, that you had to get one.

If we are all reading the same blog of the passengers without a visa for India which I assume we probably are, they had to sign a waiver to say that if the Indian officials won't let the ship dock due to pax without visa's, then they will have to debark the ship at the port before Mumbai (I think it was Sri Lanka) and then make their way to the next port of call after Mumbai.

I read this in one of the pre-cruise blog entries made. Interesting call to make to go without visa's. Not something I would contemplate doing.

From memory, one of the reasons for not getting the visa was the cost, well, if they are asked to get off and make their way to the port after Mumbai, I would think that cost would be far greater than buying the visa in the first place.

If we are all reading the same blog of the passengers without a visa for India which I assume we probably are, they had to sign a waiver to say that if the Indian officials won't let the ship dock due to pax without visa's, then they will have to debark the ship at the port before Mumbai (I think it was Sri Lanka) and then make their way to the next port of call after Mumbai.

I read this in one of the pre-cruise blog entries made. Interesting call to make to go without visa's. Not something I would contemplate doing.

From memory, one of the reasons for not getting the visa was the cost, well, if they are asked to get off and make their way to the port after Mumbai, I would think that cost would be far greater than buying the visa in the first place.

Foolish people then. They were told to get an Indian Visa, but failed to do so, no doubt more than a couple with the same problem.

It seems they have been reminded they will not be allowed to disembark in Mumbai (which they didn't want to anyway), so it looks like they will not have to do any extra travelling! Bit of a risk taken, but seems like it has worked out for them.

We were on Mariner a few weeks ago and had 2 Indian ports. It was just amazing the number of people who didn't have Indian Visas. About 600!!! Most were due to their ignorance and were pretty upset that they couldn't get off the ship. They ended up having 10 days on the ship without getting onto land. Yes lots of unhappy sailors:rolleyes:

We were on Mariner a few weeks ago and had 2 Indian ports. It was just amazing the number of people who didn't have Indian Visas. About 600!!! Most were due to their ignorance and were pretty upset that they couldn't get off the ship. They ended up having 10 days on the ship without getting onto land. Yes lots of unhappy sailors:rolleyes:

What nationalities would those people have been mostly?

How can people not do the basic research. They spend all this money and forget the fundamentals.

I don't understand this logic. I'm on a NZ passport and goign to India at the end of the year. From memory its only about $100 for the visa. Why would you spend all this money on a cruise and not get a visa. :confused:

What nationalities would those people have been mostly?

They were mainly Aussies and some from the US. We met so many unhappy Aussies who were sold their cruises through Aussie TA's and were not given any info regarding the Visas. One couple were so outraged as not only did they not have their visas but they paid 4 times more than what others had paid for the same cruise. Some thought that they would get them on the ship.

So amazes me that people don't do their own research:confused:

They were mainly Aussies and some from the US. We met so many unhappy Aussies who were sold their cruises through Aussie TA's and were not given any info regarding the Visas. One couple were so outraged as not only did they not have their visas but they paid 4 times more than what others had paid for the same cruise. Some thought that they would get them on the ship.

So amazes me that people don't do their own research:confused:

I hope those couples go back to those TA and seek some sort of compensation. They should be naming and shaming those TA's. No wonder people are taking back responsibility of their bookings because TA cannot do the fundamentals right. They merely wanting to sell you the cruise and cash the commission cheque. Those poor people went to that TA thinking they were some sort of expert and they got given bad information.

I hope those couples go back to those TA and seek some sort of compensation. They should be naming and shaming those TA's. No wonder people are taking back responsibility of their bookings because TA cannot do the fundamentals right. They merely wanting to sell you the cruise and cash the commission cheque. Those poor people went to that TA thinking they were some sort of expert and they got given bad information.

A good TA will tell their client all the costs and what Visas are involved in a cruise , at the first enquiry.

The price you see advertised for the cruise is only the start of your expenses.:D

The Princess site tells you what visas you need for a cruise, but perhaps those that booked through an agent are not computer people. Certainly I would not rely on an agent re required visas. It is a wonder they were allowed to embark.

Many of these travel agencies employee junior staff who have no idea of the ins and outs of cruise bookings. The reason why I do my own direct with the cruise line.

Heres an interesting grab from the bridge cam.

I dont put up a shots while the ship is at sea , as there is nothing to see:D, however this one has me wondering:confused:

1smoke_zps13df13fc.jpg

1smoke2_zps3be542db.jpg

It does not look like fog they are going through , so I wonder if thats the smoke from all the burn offs in Indonesia that has been causing all the pollution problems in Malaysia ?

Not fog but smoke fro deforestation..... We got new captain and new ports .... No longer are we going to Egypt but suez a day early , then Ashdod then Crete.... Need help with companies for these ports from those with unlimited Internet... Can you check out the forums and email me sites lol....

Joanne. ... Lovin this cruise

Not fog but smoke fro deforestation..... We got new captain and new ports .... No longer are we going to Egypt but suez a day early , then Ashdod then Crete.... Need help with companies for these ports from those with unlimited Internet... Can you check out the forums and email me sites lol....

Joanne. ... Lovin this cruise

Have they said which port in Crete?

Is it Heraklion?

Archived