Bon Voyage Dawn Princes Round Europe Cruise 2013

Reading the blogs, some unhappy campers on board, whingeing about missing the middle east ports. Don't these people realise it is the Company and the Captains responsibility to keep them safe?

Reading the blogs, some unhappy campers on board, whingeing about missing the middle east ports. Don't these people realise it is the Company and the Captains responsibility to keep them safe?

I think a cruise ship is such a big target. The Middle East is an area we'd travel by land and not by ship.

They are just sailing into the bay at Aghios Nikolaos, in Crete.

I checked it out on google and it looks like a delightful destination. On google images there was also a pic of "Europa" tied up tat the dock , so it does not look like a tender port .(We wont have long to find out)

Its a pity it was not all arranged like this earlier , so that passengers could have had the choice of leaving the ship for a night or two to stay on one of the Greek Islands , and then re board in Athens.

Oh well ...Never Mind.:D

10dawn_zpsb06aaaa4.jpg

They are just sailing into the bay at Aghios Nikolaos, in Crete.

I checked it out on google and it looks like a delightful destination. On google images there was also a pic of "Europa" tied up tat the dock , so it does not look like a tender port .(We wont have long to find out)

Its a pity it was not all arranged like this earlier , so that passengers could have had the choice of leaving the ship for a night or two to stay on one of the Greek Islands , and then re board in Athens.

Oh well ...Never Mind.:D

10dawn_zpsb06aaaa4.jpg

I hope they have a wonderful visit. Crete is a delightful place to visit in its own right.

When we holidayed in a tiny place on the south coast, we were surprised to see a battered old Australian flag flying. We discovered that was where Australian forces made their escape from the advancing German forces.

It was where I fell in love with sheep feta - yum!

I think a cruise ship is such a big target. The Middle East is an area we'd travel by land and not by ship.

I would say we felt very safe onboard the ship in that part of the world. The ship is well protected by military both on board, sailing with us and from aircraft. I was a more uneasy especially in the middle of Cairo, and was very happy to go 'home' to the ship at the end of the day.

Jill:)

I would say we felt very safe onboard the ship in that part of the world. The ship is well protected by military both on board, sailing with us and from aircraft. I was a more uneasy especially in the middle of Cairo, and was very happy to go 'home' to the ship at the end of the day.

Jill:)

Yes I'm sure it was perfectly safe and they would ensure that was the case. And one of those decisions would be not to sail into risky ports.

They are in Naples, Italy Today:

Arriving in to Naples:

ShowImage.aspx?i=215763

ShowImage.aspx?i=215765

ShowImage.aspx?i=215769

ShowImage.aspx?i=215773

This is when the Dawn Princess web cam got stuck and Norwegian Epic web cam takes over :)

ShowImage.aspx?i=215775

DAWN PRINCESS at ShipWatcher

They also have 3 other cruise ships in with them Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Silhouette and Norwegian Epic

Archived