Bon Voyage Dawn Princes Round Europe Cruise 2013

There was a huge uproar over visas when we were on Voyager last year. We all had to meet in the theatre to receive forms to fill out regarding our arrival in the ports of Goa and then Cochin. When we arrived in the theatre the Officers addressed the crowd regarding these formalities. When he finished a thunder cloud broke with volumes of noise from the hundreds who didn't have visas. They were 90% from the USA, 10% other nationalities.

What I found out later was that many don't pay for these visas which are around US$110.00 in the hope that the ship will organise a 'blanket' visa for all those who don't have one, at the ships expense.:eek:

How pathetic are these people. If you can afford the cruise fare you can afford to pay for the necessary visas..... :(

Jill:)

There was a huge uproar over visas when we were on Voyager last year. We all had to meet in the theatre to receive forms to fill out regarding our arrival in the ports of Goa and then Cochin. When we arrived in the theatre the Officers addressed the crowd regarding these formalities. When he finished a thunder cloud broke with volumes of noise from the hundreds who didn't have visas. They were 90% from the USA, 10% other nationalities.

What I found out later was that many don't pay for these visas which are around US$110.00 in the hope that the ship will organise a 'blanket' visa for all those who don't have one, at the ships expense.:eek:

How pathetic are these people. If you can afford the cruise fare you can afford to pay for the necessary visas..... :(

Jill:)

No sympathy whatsoever for those people who assume the ship would take care of a blanket visa.

hi everyone great day in Phuket... will be in suez a day earlier than the itinerary says

You guys are the King and Queen of Blogs, by far the best, most of the others are pretty slack. Pity about Egyput, such is life on the high seas, keep on enjoying !

I did see the ship in Singapore last Thursday.

I'm surprised people were allowed to board without every necessary visa. They risked the ship not being allowed to enter Indian or Chinese waters. Now that would be devastating for those who did go to the bother.

Actually given some USA people's attitudes to passports I'm surprised everyone did get one.

hi guys great day in male yesterday.... cause we left it and went to a resort island... blog to come....

love sitting here in the sun near the ice cream palor blogging LOL....

joanne

with 8 of these days to go!!

packetau just posted on Facebook a little while ago to say that they are no longer going to Ashdod, Israel and they are heading straight to crete and they are going to have an extra day in athens.

Thats a shame. Wasn't that a replacement port for Egypt?? Anyway, extra in Athens would be nice. Better than a sea day. :D

Archived