Bon Voyage Dawn Princes Round Europe Cruise 2013

Hi all .... It has been a while but has been hectic..... We had a great day in colombo yesterday and now have 3 days till KL.... We are having a great time and so are most .... Don't get hung up about the whingers as every cruise have them and they are the minority, just more vocal than the rest....

Going to try and catch up with the blog over the next couple of days....

Someone asked about Valleta.... When you get off the boat you will walk out the terminal there is a stand where you can easily hire taxi tours ... Set price around 40 euros for the 2 hour mdina and Rabat.... Then just spent the rest of the town in the old city. Catch the elevator from the park to the lower rd and walk to the ship..... Or near the cathedral you can catch an electric car for about 8 euros back to the ship

Thanks again David for the pics. Reading the blokes I note a few did not go ashore in Mumbai, including Ray and Paula, bloggers. Is that because they did not want to buy the $100 Visa or felt it was unsafe? Does anybody know?

Ray and Paula chose not to get visas for India . They discuss it in their blog early on, pre cruise I think.

Last port of call outside Australia today at Port Kelang for Kuala Lumpur.

Then all sea days to Darwin and even more sea days direct to Sydney and cruise over.....

30klang_zps23a9fb05.jpg

Mon 30/09/13 Port Klang / Malaysia 07:00 18:00

Tue 01/10/13 At Sea

Wed 02/10/13 At Sea

Thu 03/10/13 At Sea

Fri 04/10/13 At Sea

Sat 05/10/13 Darwin / Australia 10:00 17:00

Sun 06/10/13 At Sea

Mon 07/10/13 At Sea

Tue 08/10/13 At Sea

Wed 09/10/13 At Sea

Thu 10/10/13 At Sea

Fri 11/10/13 Sydney / Australia 07:00

They have probably done it so they dont have the hassle of people getting off at Brisvegas and being replaced by the "day trippers" to Sydney:D

David, noted. No not those BrisBogans, the World Cruisers would not cop them. LOL.

A pity they are not calling in at Cairns or Port Douglas or Townsville or Brisvegas on the final run home. Seems a strange way to end a semi WC, Darwin-Sydney.

This cruise had a lot of sea days at the start of the cruise also. More like a repositioning cruise to and from the Mediterranean.

Hi all....

just hanging out up on deck watching all these small islands going passed.. wish the bridge would tell us what we passing... very frustrating.... passed the top end this morning and unless you read the patter you would not have known it was around 10.15..... tried to see if I could get us on the live ships site but to no avail.... these last few days are flying past as between ship stuff and Cruise critic stuff we are really busy...

Hi all....

just hanging out up on deck watching all these small islands going passed.. wish the bridge would tell us what we passing... very frustrating.... passed the top end this morning and unless you read the patter you would not have known it was around 10.15..... tried to see if I could get us on the live ships site but to no avail.... these last few days are flying past as between ship stuff and Cruise critic stuff we are really busy...

I understand your frustration, as it was the same on our journey from Darwin to Sydney on Ocean Princess. Nothing! The big binoculars got a good workout, as I tried to follow where we were.

We were so lucky on Superstar Leo from Sydney to Darwin, as the Great Barrier Reef pilot stayed on to Darwin to help the Captain cruise in unfamiliar waters, and gave us an informative commentary.

Enjoy your last few days. How is it that they always seem to fly faster at the end?

To be a little bit fair and present the other side of this discussion .

Here is a little that I wrote in a Blog in 2010

Yesterday, we spent the entire day sailing through the "Inner Passage" - between the Great Barrier Reef and the North Queensland coastline north of Cairns - the passage is quite narrow and was very calm. On one side we had the mountains of the mainland and offshore islands - on the other side were submerged reefs. Thankfully, we had a Barrier Reef Pilot onboard to guide us through and to give us commentary as we went along. At around 4PM, we rounded Cape York. This morning we are off West Papua and our voyage around the World has begun.

Frankly, as Aussies, from an intellectual, possibly even a spiritual point of view, Cape York and especially it's tip, has much meaning for us. However, from a scenic point of view it is anything but awe inspiring :) Now that I have seen the very tip

A0181Small_zpsba446789.jpg

-- photo taken through a heat haze, ---- it is not something that I would be in a hurry to interrupt my Happy Hour for again :)

Barry

When we did Circumnavigation of Aus on Dawn Princess earlier this year, there was no commentary and Cape York didn´t receive a mention as we sailed by disappointing to many Aus passengers and us. the only way we knew was via the TV map, but by then it was too late to see anything

Sandy in Spain

Archived