Royal Carabbean not so good "Deal"

I check our upcoming cruise prices daily to see if they've gone down. Today I checked, and I was thrilled to see RC now had a deal on our sailing. Well the deal was a $50 per person INCREASE in the price of our cruise. I guess RC thinks if they put the word "Deal" next to a sailing they can sell a cruise at any price.

I'll continue to check our cruise prices daily, but come on Royal Caribean, don't put "Deal" next to a sailing and raise the price.

My suite already went up $1050 for 3 of us and I just booked it two weeks ago. I don't think I would have splurged on the suite if it had been another 1K.

It seems there are small windows for getting a good deal.

I check our upcoming cruise prices daily to see if they've gone down. Today I checked, and I was thrilled to see RC now had a deal on our sailing. Well the deal was a $50 per person INCREASE in the price of our cruise. I guess RC thinks if they put the word "Deal" next to a sailing they can sell a cruise at any price.

I'll continue to check our cruise prices daily, but come on Royal Caribean, don't put "Deal" next to a sailing and raise the price.

Cruise fares go up and down based on supply and demand. Usually the best price is right when the sailing hits the books. As other posters have already mentioned their cruises have gone up in price since they booked. If the deal price is higher than what you paid you are one step ahead of the game. If the current price is lower than the highest price then it is a "deal" for many who booked at a higher price.

Supply and Demand....I was checking prics for our upcoming cruise also...we are staying in a GS...the prices kept climbing, over $1000 since we booked, then they sold out....months before final payment..

All the suites were sold out fast....

Even if YOU don't see a deal, maybe someone else does. It could be a senior discount, or a military discount, or a Police/Fire/EMT discount. Or it could be for a state in which you do not live. Or for a category which you did not book.

I check our upcoming cruise prices daily to see if they've gone down. Today I checked, and I was thrilled to see RC now had a deal on our sailing. Well the deal was a $50 per person INCREASE in the price of our cruise.

Well then, that means YOU got the deal. Congratulations. ;)

What is an increase to you could be a decrease to someone else.

That's not bad at all. I just checked our NYE cruise, because it was flagged with the "Hot Deals" flag, and our category is now $400/pp more than we paid when we booked:eek:

the "deal" for my cruise is a discount for a neighborhood balcony guarantee. My specific Boardwalk balcony cabin is $50 more pp. We could save a couple hundred each if we give up our cabin for a guarantee :rolleyes: Not on your life. We'd probably end up in the worst Central Park balcony instead of our aft Boardwalk balcony where we can see the ocean/theater, etc.

Even if YOU don't see a deal, maybe someone else does. It could be a senior discount, or a military discount, or a Police/Fire/EMT discount. Or it could be for a state in which you do not live. Or for a category which you did not book.

So wisely said.

Well then, that means YOU got the deal. Congratulations. ;)

Good one Aqua.

Merion Mom is right. My brother found he had a lower price on his inside room on our Independence of the Seas cruise so I checked and our Promenade cabin had actually gone up. He again got a lower price on the inside room and this time we got it, too, because this time it was for ages 55 and over. I checked again later and there were no Promenade cabins available, so they apparently sold out on them.

Our cruise went down as they offered a military discount and we saved several hundred.

1st time we ever got a discount:) We have a D1

I have my eye out just in case they discount any suites for military discount

It seems like as mentioned above the best prices are early bookings. They seem to be more prone to raising prices I stead of lowering as the cruise date nears. Lesson- if you know you are going, book it and don't wait. Earlier booking is also better because you have a better selection of staterooms.

Just a question for anyone then based on your information:

When do the new bookings open? And how do we know they have opened?

Thanks for the help/info.

Royal usually opens a series of bookings every spring. This (Cruise Critic) is the best place to watch for the opening schedule. You can also keep checking Royal's website.

Archived