What's your favorite Lido sandwich?

sppunk

You can make anything you want. My wife and daughter have created their croissant toasted egg salad sandwich and love it.

I like a cibatta with swiss, pastrami and roast beef with spicy mustard, jalapenos, red onion and lettuce :D

Have fun

My favorite sandwich I have only seen once in 6 HAL cruise - a fried soft shell crab sandwich. I went back for seconds and got the crab without the bread. It was on my last cruise and I will search for it everyday on my cruise in January.

On the Rotterdam I loved the chicken salad sandwich. On the Amsterdam it was horrible, I tried it three times and it was the same each time on the Amsterdam, horrible. I asked, and was told the chief had said he made changes. On the Prinsendam, it was slightly better than the Amsterdam, but one time was enough on a 64 day cruise.

So I would advise try something you might like, and hopefully they will do it to your liking. I'm hoping with a new chief on the Amsterdam, I will get my beloved chicken salad sandwich to the standards of the Rotterdam.

Good luck.

Wonder what surfergirle would like ?She seems to enjoy food.

Surfergirle lives to eat, and cruises to eat lol.

So when given the choice of nacho bar, lasagna with extra meat sauce (lots of meat) AND alfredo, AND tons of yummy shredded parm i never make it over to the Sandwich bar!

Nachos or Lasagna in the Cabana every day. Ok I'm really hungry. Its too late to eat. Ill have to make lasagna tomorrow!

On my 2 carnival cruses in may/june every day I had a ruben with 1000, w/o sauerkraut, extra swiss and extra toasted on dark rye or white. OMG. Carnival has GREAT food.

Mmmmm. Custom Ruben!

I enjoy on rye bread, tuna salad, sweet onion, sliced cucumber, Swiss and cheddar cheese with a nice bowl of piping hot soup. Looking forward to that next month. Will also check to see if they have soft shelled crab but kind of doubt it here on the West Coast.:D

My favorite sandwich I have only seen once in 6 HAL cruise - a fried soft shell crab sandwich. I went back for seconds and got the crab without the bread. It was on my last cruise and I will search for it everyday on my cruise in January.

I love soft shell crabs -- have never seen them on any of our cruises.

Which ship had them?

Would you believe ... over 200 days with HAL, and I've never had a sandwich onboard. We love a nice, big, hot breakfast - and we totally indulge ourselves in the MDR or Pinnacle at dinner. There is simply no room for anything other than a very light snack at lunchtime. BUT, the sandwiches mentioned here just may get me to change my ways a day or two on our next cruise. Maybe try a light breakfast and an early sandwich lunch - it sounds like I'm missing out on something pretty special.

Hi Donna! Good to see you here...

The sandwiches are good. I love the chicken salad on a toasted croissant. Actually anything on a toasted croissant. That's one of my guilty pleasures while cruising...at home we eat whole wheat bread only.

The Panini's are also very good.

I either have something from the sandwich board or have a salad...on the Ryndam the stations were right next to each other so it was easy to decide.

Hi Sheila, and thanks. After I posted that, I got to thinking about our multiple afternoon "cookie runs" - and decided maybe that's why we're not hungry at lunchtime. We eat more cookies on a 2 week cruise that we do in an entire year at home. :)

Hi Sheila, and thanks. After I posted that, I got to thinking about our multiple afternoon "cookie runs" - and decided maybe that's why we're not hungry at lunchtime. We eat more cookies on a 2 week cruise that we do in an entire year at home. :)

Isn't it funny how we get into a routine on a ship? We make ice cream runs every afternoon while on the ship. We have ice cream at home but not everyday. Do you have a cruise booked?

The soft shell crab sandwich is my favorite, too! YUM! (The Zuiderdam had it last year on the Christmas cruise.)

Sometimes a girl just wants a gooey grilled cheese sandwich, but HAL can't do that one right. :( Neither is the cheese gooey, nor is the bread grilled---it's toasted.

But when ya gotta have it, you take what you can get, along with a nice glass of chocolate milk and chips. It's like being a kid again. :D

Oh those room service turkey clubs (extra mayo and cheese please:D) with a side of chocolate cake and ice cold milk....nothing finer;).

After a really busy port day or a large lunch ashore, you just described exactly our room service dinner that same night. The chocolate cake with raspberry sauce is so moist and delectable.

Archived