What's your favorite Lido sandwich?

sppunk

While I love the chicken, egg or tuna salad they always have I really don't need the bread (got to save those calories for Bread Pudding) so I alway just have them make me a "sandwich" with no bread, just lettuce & tomato usually with pickles. After the second time or so the great servers recognize me and I don't have to give any directions beyond which "salad" I want. Just love those guys! :D

My dream sandwich which I'm going to ask for on the next cruise on Eurodam is fresh falafel sandwich. I'll see if they can make it otherwise its only a dream.

I wouldn't reasonably expect that. Falafel sandwich is rather specialized and no cruise ship can carry all of regional specialties at a casual sandwich lunch bar.

Ask but don't be too disappointed if you don't get it. You can easily make it for yourself at home. Actually, you can find some decent frozen falafel ready made.

I wouldn't reasonably expect that. Falafel sandwich is rather specialized and no cruise ship can carry all of regional specialties at a casual sandwich lunch bar.

Ask but don't be too disappointed if you don't get it. You can easily make it for yourself at home. Actually, you can find some decent frozen falafel ready made.

But Sail !!! I want it on the Eurodam. We are not allowed to inject logic here. LoL

But Sail !!! I want it on the Eurodam. We are not allowed to inject logic here. LoL

Oh Nooooo,

We're back to whining. I had hoped we finished with that for at least the rest of the week. :)

We all want lots of things but can't have everything we want. Sigh....

would be nice if we could though.

I'd really like to see the Mediterranean Greek lunch buffet they served a few times on Maasdam at Lido Pool. It was FABULOUS!!! We saw it and a variation a few times and then poof..... it was gone and has not appeared again.

Now that I didn't know. I love a falafel but it doesn't like me too much anymore. Once in a while I can get away with it so thanks for the info. I had no idea.

I see frozen packages regularly in specialty groceries such as Trader Joes and a local small family chain we have. Ask in you r market. Maybe you'll get a pleasant surprise and find them. :)

I don't remember if Canada has Trader Joe stores but I suspect not.

I see frozen packages regularly in specialty groceries such as Trader Joes and a local small family chain we have. Ask in you r market. Maybe you'll get a pleasant surprise and find them. :)

I don't remember if Canada has Trader Joe stores but I suspect not.

I don't think we have them but I better not speak for the whole country:o. I know we don't have them in the west. Many times retailers establish themselves in Eastern Canada but we are sloppy seconds:D. I'll have to keep an eye out for them at the grocery store.

LovelySerenity had photos in her review of a custom order Mongolian Style Wok/Grill on her Alaska cruise.

This is our absolute favorite thing besides the MDR on Carnival. Anyone else see something similar? We have never seen something like this on the NA & Eurodam...

Here hoping they have it on the NA this year!

I think it would be a fantastic addition to the pasta bar, taco bar and sandwich bar... It would really round it out!

Carnival has it on all ships, Princess has done it on the Royal...

Oh Nooooo,

We're back to whining. I had hoped we finished with that for at least the rest of the week. :)

We all want lots of things but can't have everything we want. Sigh....

would be nice if we could though.

I'd really like to see the Mediterranean Greek lunch buffet they served a few times on Maasdam at Lido Pool. It was FABULOUS!!! We saw it and a variation a few times and then poof..... it was gone and has not appeared again.

We love Mediterranean food...hummus, falafel, tabouli, all of it! Every time we're in Fort Lauderdale, we have dinner at a Greek restaurant on A1A. I've never seen the Mediterranean lunch buffet on a ship.

LovelySerenity had photos in her review of a custom order Mongolian Style Wok/Grill on her Alaska cruise.

This is our absolute favorite thing besides the MDR on Carnival. Anyone else see something similar? We have never seen something like this on the NA & Eurodam...

I think it would be a fantastic addition to the pasta bar, taco bar and sandwich bar... It would really round it out!

Yes, we have seen Mongolian Style Wok/Grill as buffet lunch set out at Lido Pool. I can't remember which ship but I think it was Maasdam.

I know it was Maasdam where we had the Mediterannean and that was amazingly delicious. They served hummus, tzatziki, lamb, salads, eggplant spread, pita bread, skewers on the grill........ wonderful!!

Store bought; two large stroopwafels in one, primarily white colored, package. Not bad either!;)

Well, I haven't had homemade ones since I left South Africa where a friend's mom used to make them, so it's store bought in New York too.

Warmed over a steaming cup of coffee.... lekker!

Well, I haven't had homemade ones since I left South Africa where a friend's mom used to make them, so it's store bought in New York too.

Warmed over a steaming cup of coffee.... lekker!

'Lekker' is right! :)Wear this shirt on your next HAL cruise and someone will, no doubt, direct you!

got_stroopwafels_t_shirt-r0601584e5c2a4bbfb66ee2770dbceb2f_804gs_512.jpg

What?! I did not know that... :mad::D:eek:

Is it store bought or home made? :)

Sorry, off topic here.

But, did you know that in Holland you can get a stropwafel Mcflurry?

I might need a trip there just to try one.:)

Sorry, off topic here.

But, did you know that in Holland you can get a stropwafel Mcflurry?

I might need a trip there just to try one.:)

I don't think I will like that: I prefer my coffee plain and unflavored and my stroopwafels as is. :D

Yes, we have seen Mongolian Style Wok/Grill as buffet lunch set out at Lido Pool. I can't remember which ship but I think it was Maasdam.

I know it was Maasdam where we had the Mediterannean and that was amazingly delicious. They served hummus, tzatziki, lamb, salads, eggplant spread, pita bread, skewers on the grill........ wonderful!!

That sounds utterly completely fantastic!!!

We also enjoyed a seafood buffet lunch on Maasdam on a Canada/NE cruise. It was a gorgeous day, we hadn't read the daily program very carefully and were with our friends strolling around deciding whether to have lunch yet. We made our way out to aft pool and what in the world was this??????? They had set up a shellfish, fish, lunch buffet with huge crab claws, chilled mussels, large shrimp, grilled salmon, salad, cole slaw, potato salad, corn on the cob.... OMG, it was delicious. We would have been so disappointed to have missed it and it was only luck we came upon it. We saw that only the once though we have done that itinerary many times.

Definitely it was on the Prinsendam. And very good too:D

Archived