No cabin assignment 24 hours before sailing

I have cruised RCCL, I certainly understand how a guarantee works, and I didn't make a big deal about it being oversold, however that is a possibility that must be considered.

I never said you haven't cruised RCL, I said you don't. We are all know you have an issue with RCL and no longer cruise this cruiseline.

As far as guarantees, you already posted in this thread that you weren't aware that the cabin could be assigned day of embarkation.

RetNavy's situation was totally different. They were offered a different sailing and accepted. Had they not been home, the cruiseline would have made the same offer to someone else until they found someone who would accept it. No one would have been left at the pier.

Are you sure your log in isn't Chicken Little? :rolleyes:

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk 2

I never said you haven't cruised RCL, I said you don't. We are all know you have an issue with RCL and no longer cruise this cruiseline.

As far as guarantees, you already posted in this thread that you weren't aware that the cabin could be assigned day of embarkation.

RetNavy's situation was totally different. They were offered a different sailing and accepted. Had they not been home, the cruiseline would have made the same offer to someone else until they found someone who would accept it. No one would have been left at the pier.

Well saidicon14.gif

Exactly. If they had not been able to reach you or not been able to get someone to change their plans, someone wouldn't have sailed that day. It does happen.

We do not know this ship is oversold. it is normal to not see available cabin so close to the sailing date. Scaring the OP with repeated mentions of oversold or left at pier speculation is unnecessary and might be considered cruel.

In the unlikely event the ship is oversold, the cruise line has time to sort it out. they may have a few special bookings with a cancelation clause (freebies or interline deals, for example). And if not, they have time to make arrangements. With all the people on Oasis, odds are very high that somebody could be induced to change their plans. There are locals with flexible schedules who would jump at the chance to change their sailing date in exchange for a really nice upgrade or a really nice OBC. there might even be somebody who would happily change dates with little or no compensation (a local recovering from an illness, with a sick friend or relative, or with a business opportunity, as examples) might be delighted to swap dates if there were no penalty.

We do not know this ship is oversold. it is normal to not see available cabin so close to the sailing date. Scaring the OP with repeated mentions of oversold or left at pier speculation is unnecessary and might be considered cruel.

In the unlikely event the ship is oversold, the cruise line has time to sort it out. they may have a few special bookings with a cancelation clause (freebies or interline deals, for example). And if not, they have time to make arrangements. With all the people on Oasis, odds are very high that somebody could be induced to change their plans. There are locals with flexible schedules who would jump at the chance to change their sailing date in exchange for a really nice upgrade or a really nice OBC. there might even be somebody who would happily change dates with little or no compensation (a local recovering from an illness, with a sick friend or relative, or with a business opportunity, as examples) might be delighted to swap dates if there were no penalty.

I think things are a little heated on this thread and we all need to calm down a little. I will admit ignorance on how things really work with RCCL, and the info on this forum is a valuable source of knowledge. Judging by the fact we have not yet heard from the OP, I am going to work on the assumption there was a happy ending to the stress. I acknowledge that not everyone can afford the full fee of a certain type of room, but can for a guaranty. I wish the OP a happy cruise.

I fully understand your sentiments, but then you better should not book a guarantee. I probably wouldn´t book a guarantee either, but if you do you Need to understand how it works.

Unfortunately some People on here just try to add to the stress:eek:

That's why I do not book guarentees because I am too nervous when going on a trip and want to have everything under control as much as possible. Always afraid to miss the ship in case of delays we always fly in a night or two before the cruise......

But I can understand the OP's getting anxious having no assigned cabin especially with all the talks about an oversold ship. I do not believe that a cruiseline will leave anyone stranded and hope that by this time the OP is happily boarding the ship!

That's why I do not book guarentees because I am too nervous when going on a trip and want to have everything under control as much as possible. Always afraid to miss the ship in case of delays we always fly in a night or two before the cruise......

But I can understand the OP's getting anxious having no assigned cabin especially with all the talks about an oversold ship. I do not believe that a cruiseline will leave anyone stranded and hope that by this time the OP is happily boarding the ship!

That´s why it´s sad that especially one poster on this threads put that much stress on the OP with his "oversold" theory that had no grounds to stand on in first place.:(

I do book guarantees, and I totally understand your nervousness. I am always a bit anxious about my assignment. as mentioned, my best assignment have been shortly before sailing, so, in some ways, I have mixed feelings when I get assigned early a basic cabin in my promised category; the hope of a wonderful upgrade largely vanishes, but I know where I will be (unless I swap to a better one in the category).

somehow I do not have this sence of nervousness when I book a room in a land based hotel. then I do not expect to select my room, so I do not obsess over it.

Some of you are just too rational! I can't handle it! ;)

I know the OP is being taken care of - I have no doubt.

And I would advise the person not to take GTYs in the future because they definitely cause undo stress which *may* not be worth the $$$ saved. Personally, I like to choose my cabins in advance because I am just wayyyy too picky. But I have seen this happen where people had to arrive at the terminal to be assigned. And it all worked out. :)

I wish the OP well. I hope there is good suite news!

Shouldn't the OP be at the cruise terminal by now?

Just about. OP's probably receiving news that she'll be sailing in a wonderful Owners Suite right about now. :)

Keep us posted OP! We're hoping you get something great for all of your stressing.

Technically it may not be an issue to you. But what do these folks do when they check in their luggage? How do they get their bags. It appears to be an issue.

That's what I was thinking...you have to check the bags before you get to a registration desk...

All I can say is that I am really really upset. I am staying at the Marriott tomorrow night and when I called, they couldn't tell me which room I am going to be in. I had a king room reserved.. What if they are oversold. I am calling the home office and demanding answers.

Technically it may not be an issue to you. But what do these folks do when they check in their luggage? How do they get their bags. It appears to be an issue.

It is my understanding that the porters have the listing of all passengers cabins so you will know the assignment from the porters. A few cruises ago, we weren't given an assignment until a day of so prior to sailing. Like the OP, I was concerned, so I called RCCL. I was assured we had a cabin, and at the latest, I would learn the assignment from the porters.

M

I was not left at the pier, but at 4:30pm the night before I was to go on the majesty of the seas for a weekend birthday cruise for my wife I got a call from RCCL. The majesty was oversold and they wanted to know if I would go on the Oasis or a week instead. Needless to say, we took the Oasis that departed on Saturday, DW still thinks Royal gave it to her as a birthday present.:)

I remember your story from when it happened. I understand that ships can be oversold but I just think ducklite was stressing the OP by saying the OP could be left at the pier. It's not gonna' happen.

Several times my gty cabin was not assigned in advance and I had to wait until I arrived at the pier and the porter looked my name up on a list and found the assignment, wrote up a luggage tag. I don't know why the OP should have been stressed. If you take a gty that is how it works. If you receive your assignment ahead of time, that's great, but it's not compulsory.

Several times my gty cabin was not assigned in advance and I had to wait until I arrived at the pier and the porter looked my name up on a list and found the assignment, wrote up a luggage tag. I don't know why the OP should have been stressed. If you take a gty that is how it works. If you receive your assignment ahead of time, that's great, but it's not compulsory.

that's what i figured. It didn't seem to be an uncommon occurrence to receive your cabin assignment until you arrived at the pier.

I hope we find out what happened!

Now after all that debate, I have to wait a week to find out what cabin they got? :(

Oh, if the OP did not get at least the JS promised to W bookings, we'd surely hear about it sooner. At this point no news is good news, as it suggests the OP is comfortably aboard the ship.

I do hope the OP eventually returns to tell us how it all worked out.

Archived