Most sailed passenger party

antsp

They invite 40. My understanding is it is not the 40 passengers with the most days - it is the 20 staterooms that have a passenger with the most days. At the one party I went to, there was a first time cruiser there who was invited because she was sharing a stateroom with one of the most traveled.

Average doesn't mean anything. It varies so much from one cruise to another.

On a 7-day Alaska round-trip Seattle cruise on the Star this year, I was invited to the party even though I was Platinum with only 118 days at that time. On that cruise, there were only 400 Captain's Circle members (Gold or higher) out of 2700 passengers - there were 2300 passengers on Princess for the first time. I was really surprised to receive the invitation.

On a 28-day Hawaii and South Pacific round-trip LA cruise on the Sapphire last year, I don't remember the exact numbers, but well over half the ship was Platinum or Elite - with a very large number of Elites. On that cruise, you would have needed a lot more days - I don't know how many.

The party I went to on the Star was hardly worth going to. It wasn't much more than the Captain's Circle party (for the small group on that ship).

Im not sure, is that a seperate event
The most traveled event can be a luncheon or a cocktail party; it's the Captain's choice. The luncheon is 40 people, the cocktail party is more. "Variable" is so true. The cut-off can be as low as 150 days or as many as 800. It depends on the cruise.

It can vary significantly even on similar cruises. Last fall we were on 3 twelve night Eastern Med cruises b2b. On the first two the 3 most traveled had over 500 nights. On the third leg we were 3rd with 400 nights. Our next cruise was the Grand Princess around South America. Three cruises and we were hundreds below the line for an invite.

It varies even on a single ship and itinerary. On the Emerald Princess 10-night itineraries, I've seen it as low as the high 200s in November, go up to 500 over Christmas and settle into the high 300s, low 400s in January/February. In January, it's not unusual for the top 3 to all be over 1000 days.

We have been to the most traveled luncheon several times. Only one captain preferred to offer the cocktail party and we were not able to go - did we miss anything? If it is the same as the captain's circle party with a lot fewer people - is it special? The luncheons definitely are special!

It does vary greatly. On our Tahiti cruise we came in 3rd with about 350 days. :D On our California Coastal Cruise 3 months later we didn't make the top 40. :( We've only been to one cocktail party. It was very nice and we got to visit with a lot officers. We've been to 3 or 4 luncheons and they are definitely better. ;)

We have been to the most traveled luncheon several times. Only one captain preferred to offer the cocktail party and we were not able to go - did we miss anything? If it is the same as the captain's circle party with a lot fewer people - is it special? The luncheons definitely are special!
The most traveled cocktail party is not the Captain's Circle party. Very, very different. At the most traveled cocktail party, you have your photo taken with the Captain, order any drink you want, and there are delicious hot and cold hors d'oeuvres. More people than at the luncheon but still limited. I never go to the Captain's Circle party any more but I'd go to the most traveled cocktail party in a heartbeat.

It really depends on the Captain, just what is done. Some Captains only take pictures with the top three. At the cocktail parties, there are only certain drinks you can order. We have been top once, and second or third twice. We don't go to the cocktail parties. Do go to the Captain Cirlce if you are in the top three though. We don't have 800 days, so we will probally miss some. On our Alaskan cruise this year, the top person had over 1200 days. The second and third had 400-500 days, and this was on a 7 day cruise.

The most traveled cocktail party is not the Captain's Circle party. Very, very different. At the most traveled cocktail party, you have your photo taken with the Captain, order any drink you want, and there are delicious hot and cold hors d'oeuvres. More people than at the luncheon but still limited. I never go to the Captain's Circle party any more but I'd go to the most traveled cocktail party in a heartbeat.

The cocktail parties we've been to have been limited to 40 people. One time the CC host allowed a top 40 couple to bring two friends they were traveling with, and she confided to us later that she got in trouble for that.

We actually prefer the parties. We are able to move around and mingle a bit, whereas at the one luncheon we were invited to, we were seated next to a blowhard who spent the entire time bragging about his status. Ho hum.

We have been invited only once, a year ago, when we did a 7 day Carribean cruise on the Ruby. We have 22 Princess cruises, over 200 days, don't expect to be invited again soon. It was very nice, luncheon in Sabatini's my favorite diningroom on the Ruby.

We are doing a 7 day on the Grand, California Coastal... suspect there will be a lot of local elites on it, so doubt we will have a chance.

We have been invited twice to cocktails parties and last year to the luncheon. Both events were very nicely done, we were very impressed with the attention to details for both events.

I've been invited to 3 luncheons and 2 cocktail parties. I always am surprised and think I'm lucky when I get the invitation. All of them only had 40 guests. The Alaska and Panama Canal routes are most likely to have low numbers from what I've been told. The CC host told me he had one cruise to Alaska where they only had 6 Elites onboard. The luncheon is much better, in my opinion, but we enjoyed the cocktail parties, too.

In May 2012 on an Alaska northbound on the Island Princess we were invited to the captain's luncheon and at the time we only had 92 days. There was a couple at our table who had less days than we did. We were very surprised to be invited and don't expect to be invited again anytime soon. It was a great experience. It all depends on the cruise and the time of year.

I did Hawaii RT LA last September and the numbers were in the 1100-1200 day range....I didn't stand a chance.... So varies widely on each trip. Have been to the luncheon a couple times and loved it.

Nice pictures posted above....thanks :p

Archived