Eric DeGray CD - The Best

need2cruisesoon

We enjoyed Eric on the Journey as well! The finale was quite a performance! The show where he was the featured performer was also amazing. All I can say is "what a voice"....He is an outstanding CD and performer, and the best CD we have ever had in nearly 100 cruises. He certainly made our cruise special. Hope he will be on the Journey again when we return next March. If you have Eric as your CD, you will certainly be in for a treat!

We have had the pleasure of sailing with both Eric de Gray and Russ. We thought Russ was much more in evidence around the ship, but we enjoyed both as performers.

On our cruise on Oct 23rd I believe we will have Tony Markey. I am sure he will be great. Any views ?

We have had the pleasure of sailing with both Eric de Gray and Russ. We thought Russ was much more in evidence around the ship, but we enjoyed both as performers.

On our cruise on Oct 23rd I believe we will have Tony Markey. I am sure he will be great. Any views ?

Hi Mrs Miggins,

I've sailed with Tony Markey twice, and we thought he was outstanding. I hope enjoy his talents as much as we did.

Mrs Miggins .....I agree with you about the talent and visibility of the wonderful Russ Thomas Grieve....he's an amazing CD and makes the cruise so much more fun......love his ABBA boots thing and just WHERE does he get his energy from?

I hear great things about Eric on Journey too but I have not sailed with him yet.

As for the third Azamara CD......in my case the Jury is out on him! We'll see what happens on our next Quest cruise in October because I'm giving him a second chance. :)

We have sailed with Tony Markey and he is also outstanding!! He and Eric are both fantastic, so you will also be in for a treat if you sail with Tony. If Tony's wife, Christine, is onboard, you will also be in for a treat as she is also a wonderful performer and they will sometimes perform together.

It's interesting that virtually everyone, including us, agree that Russ Grieve is one of the best. Although a cruise mate, and occasional poster here, would perhaps demur, we felt that on the cruise we shared with him Russ was sincerely interested in our enjoyment.

We are rather quiet onboard, you know, the humble Canadian thing, and Russ made a special effort to make personal contact.

Our other cruises were with Tony. It seemed that his dial is always turned up to "11" (A Spinal Tap reference, but clear enough I think). Although I'm certain many enjoyed his energy, we felt he tended to suck the oxygen right out of any setting. He also seemed to overwhelm the rather quieter and delightful Asst. CD.

That being said, Tony was better than any CD we've had on other cruises.

It's interesting that virtually everyone, including us, agree that Russ Grieve is one of the best. Although a cruise mate, and occasional poster here, would perhaps demur, we felt that on the cruise we shared with him Russ was sincerely interested in our enjoyment.

Nordski, at the risk of assuming you were talking about me, I will note that Russ, while very pleasant, has a veneer of forced sincerity on him that isn't my thing. I have had only minimal contact with him, though (I haven't been to any of the shows), so to be fair maybe I have misread him.

(I will be in touch about my cruise shortly. Beginning of the school year and all . . . ;) )

Nordski, at the risk of assuming you were talking about me, I will note that Russ, while very pleasant, has a veneer of forced sincerity on him that isn't my thing. I have had only minimal contact with him, though (I haven't been to any of the shows), so to be fair maybe I have misread him.

(I will be in touch about my cruise shortly. Beginning of the school year and all . . . ;) )

:D Having sailed with Russ twice,agree completely.

Your assumption was correct, and at least that part of my post was accurate. :)

I'm starting to appreciate more what a difficult job it is to be a CD.

To improve and sharpen our assessments concerning that role, it looks like we have to commit ourselves to much more research onboard.

I've experienced all three and have to say that Russ is my favourite. That's not to say the others weren't great because they all seemed to do an amazing job. Russ for me however was the best. The guy was everywhere and had boundless energy. He also seemed a very nice man and popular with the crew.

Phil

All my Azamara cruises were with Eric - love him. They were all on the Journey. In March and I was on the Quest and Tony was the CD. He was good but nothing compares to Eric. I am on the Quest in November and I have no idea who the CD will be but can safely assume it will not be Eric. Eric had told me that he has so much stuff and props, costumes, etc. that he cannot ship hop. From the looks of the photo, Eric must have added a new character to his performance. Does he still roller blade?

I only have one Journey sailing under my belt, so I cannot compare Eric with the other two. My voyage was the 4 day Monaco Grand Prix 2012 and maybe since we were off the ship so much, I truly recall seeing Eric just once around the ship and I know I must have missed the show with him in costume.

I am sailing 7 days on Quest next month so I will keep a sharp eye out for Russ though!

I only have one Journey sailing under my belt, so I cannot compare Eric with the other two. My voyage was the 4 day Monaco Grand Prix 2012 and maybe since we were off the ship so much, I truly recall seeing Eric just once around the ship and I know I must have missed the show with him in costume.

I am sailing 7 days on Quest next month so I will keep a sharp eye out for Russ though!

If you are sailing on Quest in October.....as am I.....then unfortunately you will miss the wonderful Russ, as he will be on vacation. I think our CD will be Tony Markey.

If you are sailing on Quest in October.....as am I.....then unfortunately you will miss the wonderful Russ, as he will be on vacation. I think our CD will be Tony Markey.

The consensus seems to be that Tony is very good as well, so we'll see.

I am on the October 9 sailing, how about you?

The consensus seems to be that Tony is very good as well, so we'll see.

I am on the October 9 sailing, how about you?

Hi anonymousegirl....Yes, I'm on the October 9th cruise too along with my friend Hazel (Spursgirl).

We have both been on Quest many times and can't wait to get back on her....she's the best little ship in the world.....IMHO of course! :)

Have you registered for the CC Meet&Mingle yet? It's good fun and we hope to catch up with you there.

It's a shame we won't have the wonderful Russ as our CD though, but I think we will have the lovely Sarah Lou as Activities Manager and of course, Captain Carl and Philip Herbert, so we will all have a great time.

Archived