M-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

helpthejuggler

Ship: Summit

Revolution (2019 onwards) - Yes

Cabin: 9127

Deck: 9

Class: AQ2.

Area/Location: Midship

Bed Location / View: Wall-facing

Quiet? No - Metallic clanking periodically (day and night!).  We were never able to pinpoint where it was coming from but the cabin was below the bakery area (mmmmm ... good smells coming from there) and that could have been where the noise was coming from 

Balcony/Porthole View: Balcony

Balcony/Porthole Size: Standard

Wind a Problem? No

Soot a Problem? No

Comments: I was a bit disappointed with the Revolution.  The cabin (used to have a couch!) now has an oversized chair, no coffee table and I am no longer able to hang long dresses in the closet without the bottom crumpling up (there is a shelf in the bottom of the closet now).  The chairs on the balcony look very similar to the chairs that used to be there but they are much more uncomfortable.

Ship:  Millennium

Cabin: 7003

Deck: #7

Class: Category 4, OV

Area/Location: Forward-on Port side

Bed Location / View: Forward facing (Forward cabin)

Quiet? Both yes and no see below in comments

Balcony/Porthole View:  Good

Balcony/Porthole Size: Large

Wind a Problem? N/A

Soot a Problem? N/A

Comments:  This was an amazing cabin and even with some of the cons I would definitely  book this cabin again!  As far as sound, when you dock if you are a light sleeper you will hear the ropes being let out (I heard it, my son did not). Also the crew break area is near this cabin and occasionally you can hear the crew laughing and talking.  

The pros of this cabin SIZE and VIEW.  We determined this cabin was very close to 380-400 sq feet in size.  I liked the refit, however do miss the table near the sofa.  We took magnetic hooks which were a lifesaver.  Even fashioned a “dressing room” with them and a sheet!  There was plenty of storage and I believe there is more storage after the refit than prior.  I am adding some photos of the cabin, these were taken prior to bed being split into twins, but even with bed split more than enough room!

B6024658-7993-4B9F-A6A3-69755A13E2A6.jpeg

7D4A2E8A-9AF9-4D5D-BCAD-F39C8A91C324.jpeg

1416B59D-0695-48A6-BA0D-7E26516C6E3A.jpeg

Edited by Rina155
  • Thanks 1

Ship: Constellation

Revolution (2019 onwards) - No

Cabin: 7202

Deck: 7

Class: FV (corner)

Area/Location: Aft

Bed Location / View: Wall-facing

Quiet? Yes

Balcony/Porthole View: Excellent

Balcony/Porthole Size: Oversized

Wind a Problem? No

Soot a Problem? No

Comments: Excellent, spacious room, especially for just the two of us.  Has 2 rooms and 2 TVs.  Sofas need replacing as they are in bad shape but we didn't really use them.  Biggest plus is the balcony which is huge and has a 270 degree view. Balcony had a medium sized table with 4 chairs, plus 2 sun loungers. We didn't hear much noise from the bar on deck 10 (you could hear the live music faintly when outside in the early evening but it was pleasant). Very noisy when one of the other aft balconies had a party one afternoon but that only lasted an hour, otherwise a super peaceful balcony with nothing but the sound of the ocean. Would definitely book again.

20190427_122042.thumb.jpg.bb0024ca76ea24133974d342305800e9.jpg

JRG10203.thumb.JPG.cd8f0c637d164c40648851ee0e5a8f11.JPG

JRG10201.thumb.JPG.10aeb5fb05feb0150d59b170c54cf0ff.JPG

JRG10198.JPG

• Like 1

Ship: Infinity

Revolution (2019 onwards) - No

Cabin: 1106

Deck: #11

Class: AQ1

Area/Location: Starboard Aft

Bed Location: by the bath

Quiet? Yes, for the most part. It was right across from the elevator so occasionally a group of people would stand outside the room talking.

Balcony/Porthole View: Great view

Balcony/Porthole Size: Standard

Wind a Problem? No

Soot a Problem? No

Comments:

Cabin is pre-Revolution, but in good shape. Bed was comfortable and loved the AQ shower. Storage was fair - drawers are shallow so not much drawer space, though closet is roomy.

Loved the location as it was close to the aft elevators/stairs (had knee injury so was trying to minimize steps). One deck down was OVC (buffet) entrance and elevator to 5 takes you directly to Blu. There was a doorway to pool deck near the cabin so had just a short walk to the pool and other venues on 11. 

Balcony had one reclining chair and one that didn't recline, a medium table and no foot stools. There was sun and great views. It was about 9 ft X 5.5 ft.

It was a quiet cabin - no noise from  Rooftop Terrace. There was an occasional chatty group exiting the elevator together and then standing near our doorway saying good bye or making plans. It really wasn't that bothersome (or that frequent).

We would definitely book this cabin again.

1122720890_infinity110610.jpg.d6791ce9b6e666e93dc0c39200d91f01.jpg

2079139457_infinity110613.jpg.0db3cba5501ba4296f73b351d73d841e.jpg

1580399562_infinity11064.thumb.jpg.ff44220800937944e0d090b5eb4f38cb.jpg

1782801472_infinity11063.thumb.jpg.67f71817d756f906356b33060b9ee216.jpg

231975107_infinity11068.thumb.jpg.2d98097b47238aabaff6fde2862e18c1.jpg

1234111688_infinity11067.thumb.jpg.ce75c60ac1920ee5d5ddc67e907855b5.jpg

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

CABIN #: 1141

DECK #: 11

CLASS: Aqua

AREA: AFT- faces the wake. 

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: NO

BALCONY VIEW: Wake

BALCONY SIZE: oversized- long

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: NOISE. The soundtrack/noise from the rooftop movie makes it impossible to hear conversation on you balcony/speak with traveling companions. IF there is an entertainer in the bar below using a bass/midi then the thump thump of that will compete with the loud soundtrack and the cacophony of the noise will drive you inside. It is a DAILY problem as we had to call GS multiple times..and then everyday it was a problem AGAIN. Several of us in the aft balconies complained directly toe GS and Entertainment staff and got little help from ship staff/crew. Noise started in early AM when crew turned on screen/soundtrack of roof top theater and continued til last movie finished in the evening.  PRIVACY- If you are out from under the overhang, then those above you on deck 12 can see you. Standing at the railing you are seen from diners in the sunset bar/eating outside of ocean cafe. 

CABIN #: 6141

REVOLUTION: YES

DECK #: 6

CLASS: Royal Suite

AREA: AFT-Port side. 

BED NEAR: Bedroom

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Standard

BALCONY SIZE: Standard for RS.  Partially covered and large.  Post-revolution furniture is just OK and there is no table suitable for meals on the balcony.

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Avoid this cabin on cold-weather cruises.  On our recent trans-Pacific cruise through the Bering Sea, they could not get the temperature above about 70 degrees.  Many days it was not above 67-68.  The chief engineer told me that the RS (for some reason only those ) cabins design for air intake made it extremely difficult to balance the cooling/heating load.  Neighboring cabins did not experience the problem as bad as we did but there is a weakness in the RS cabins so be aware that for cold climates and, I suspect, very hot ones, that you may not be comfortable.

Edited by bob278

Summit

Aft-Facing Cabins

Hello All,

We have not cruised yet but have a word of warning from our experience last week.  

Most of you will call in the marching band and cheerleaders ..... unless you are in a triple or quad as we are (triple).

During the renovations aft facing Concierge cabins have been reclassified as Aqua Class.  (I can hear you guys celebrating!). The sofabed has been replaced with a small sofa/big chair which does NOT convert.

Last week we got a message on the answering machine that we had been REASSIGNED a double Aqua Class cabin.

Our Aft Facing Handicapped Cabin was GONE and our friend traveling with us flying in the wind.

Hubs called late (after he got home from work) and was patched through to the emergency department.

I was a top accounts agent with Royal and Celebrity in the past and could always depend on their Customer Service.

Not this time.  Their continued solution was a double Aqua Class cabin and no accommodation for our friend.

(I’m now in a wheelchair after an accident and oxygen in the evenings for my little over worked heart.  Hubs rents a scooter when we cruise and Lou often joins us.  When I’m tired I spend the afternoon in the cabin - hubs and our friend go off to find adventure.)

Morning didn’t offer much improvement.  Hubs just worked his way up the “food chain” until someone finally listened.

i called with “Flowers and Chocolates” and used my old travel agent trick.  I stay on the line until a solution is found - no matter how long I wait.  They cannot hang up on you.

far up the Customer Service food chain we found our problem solver.

We are back in our aft facing handicapped cabin and our friend has his own inside cabin across the hall.

GREAT but too much agony all around to get to this solution.

Long Story ..... short note;

they are apparently contacting people by segments vs. everyone at once.

if you have an Aft Facing Concierge Cabin, checkout the Aqua Class benefits.

if you are 

* In a triple or quad

*. Are cross referenced with  

Friends in the Main Dining

Room (you will now dine in

Blu)

Call customer service.

4 hours ago, Donut23 said:

Summit

Aft-Facing Cabins

Hello All,

We have not cruised yet but have a word of warning from our experience last week.  

Most of you will call in the marching band and cheerleaders ..... unless you are in a triple or quad as we are (triple).

During the renovations aft facing Concierge cabins have been reclassified as Aqua Class.  (I can hear you guys celebrating!). The sofabed has been replaced with a small sofa/big chair which does NOT convert.

Last week we got a message on the answering machine that we had been REASSIGNED a double Aqua Class cabin.

Our Aft Facing Handicapped Cabin was GONE and our friend traveling with us flying in the wind.

Hubs called late (after he got home from work) and was patched through to the emergency department.

I was a top accounts agent with Royal and Celebrity in the past and could always depend on their Customer Service.

Not this time.  Their continued solution was a double Aqua Class cabin and no accommodation for our friend.

(I’m now in a wheelchair after an accident and oxygen in the evenings for my little over worked heart.  Hubs rents a scooter when we cruise and Lou often joins us.  When I’m tired I spend the afternoon in the cabin - hubs and our friend go off to find adventure.)

Morning didn’t offer much improvement.  Hubs just worked his way up the “food chain” until someone finally listened.

i called with “Flowers and Chocolates” and used my old travel agent trick.  I stay on the line until a solution is found - no matter how long I wait.  They cannot hang up on you.

far up the Customer Service food chain we found our problem solver.

We are back in our aft facing handicapped cabin and our friend has his own inside cabin across the hall.

GREAT but too much agony all around to get to this solution.

Long Story ..... short note;

they are apparently contacting people by segments vs. everyone at once.

if you have an Aft Facing Concierge Cabin, checkout the Aqua Class benefits.

if you are 

* In a triple or quad

*. Are cross referenced with  

Friends in the Main Dining

Room (you will now dine in

Blu)

Call customer service.

This is great information, but since not as many people will see it here and as we try not to have discussions on the cabin review threads, would you be willing to start a separate thread? I think this would be of great interest to many.  Thank you for posting! If this translates to the Millie as well, it will affect me in a positive way - sorry that it made things difficult for you. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

Ship : Summit

Cabin #: 6019

Deck #: 6

Class: Ocean View 4 (04)

Area: Forward (Way Forward)

Bed near: between bath and window (aft wall)

Quiet?: Like a tomb

Balcony view: N/A

Balcony size: N/A

Wind a problem?: No

Soot a problem?: No

Problems/comments: Clean as a whistle when we boarded.  This is a slightly larger than normal 04  class stateroom. It's on a transition where the ship gets wider. The extra space is distributed on both sides of the bed.  Be aware that you are 14 cabins forward of the forward elevators, and the walk to the aft elevators, to access the main dining room, is pretty long.  I felt like we were walking all the way back to Bayonne 🙂  In any event, if you don't want a balcony, this cabin is a gem. 

We sailed from May 5 thru May 12, 2019 from Bayonne to Bermuda. 
  • Like 1

Just off the Revolutionized Summit. We were in our first suite, an S2. 

CABIN #: 6124

CLASS: Sky Suite 2 (S2)

AREA: Between mid and aft elevators

BED NEAR: The new suite layout has the bed facing the balcony, with the head of the bed against the wall separating the bathroom from the sleeping area.

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed but right above water tanks and lifeboats, so looking straight down wasn't the most beautiful view.

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: The new S2 Sky Suites are by far the worst rooms I have ever been in on any ship. The layout is inefficient, storage is lacking and the furniture is awkward. We barely used the balcony because the couch and chairs were uncomfortable, and had to rearrange the room furniture just to move about the room freely. The bathroom was especially awful with no storage, few towel hooks, etc.

CONSTELLATION

REVOLUTION: No, thankfully!

CABIN #: 1118

CLASS: AQ1

AREA: Aft - Stateroom located about midway between the AQ's on the deck.  Near, but NOT directly across from the open seated area and elevators.

QUIET?: NO!!!  See comments

BALCONY VIEW: Great!

BALCONY SIZE:  Good.  A couple of feet wider than the others on this deck.  Located over one of the two bump-outs.  There are 8 staterooms like this on Deck 11.  

WIND A PROBLEM?:  No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No, though we did have paint scraps and water debris each morning from the upper deck being cleaned. Our room steward apparently took care of the mess each day when making up the room.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:  We knew before booking this stateroom that we "might" hear some lite noise from the movies being played a deck up.  We did not anticipate that we would hear this noise from 2:30pm until late into the evening each and every day! And it was more than a little noise.  We could sometimes hear every word that was being said during the movies.  The music portions were the loudest.  And we could often hear/feel thumping from the movie both inside and on the balcony of our stateroom. 

To further compound the problem, we had some very discourteous neighbors that decided bringing their own boom box (large wireless speaker) was a good idea.  They treated their balcony as their own private oasis.   Unfortunately, the staterooms all around were subjected to this music quite often.  The very first day of the cruise our neighbors had their boom box on full blast inside their stateroom.  We could hear it from ours, and very often could hear them talking.  That was a first for us on the M-Class ships for us.  We have experience that on the Solstice class ships, but the M-class walls are better insulated. 

One of the reasons that my husband and I enjoy booking a balcony stateroom is to relax, read, and take naps outside both on seas days and after busy excursions.    We were only able to do this one day while everyone was off ship in Civitavecchia.  On the other days, it was either the movie blasting, the neighbors music and talking loudly, or both!!!    This made peace and relaxation impossible for us.  Prior to the movie deck being added, we enjoyed staying in the AQ's on Deck 11 very much.  Never a problem with noise.  Very unfortunate that Celebrity is changing  to "Modern Luxury".  The luxury has gone in our opinion.    

Edited by Iamthesea

• 3 weeks later...

Ship: Millennium

Cabin: 6121

Deck: #6

Class: Sky Suite 2

Area/Location: Aft-Port

Bed Location / View: Sea-facing

Quiet? Yes

Balcony/Porthole View:  Slightly obstructed due to lifeboat containers/equipment below (no direct line of sight down to sea); but it was OK for us (i.e., didn't bother us)

Balcony/Porthole Size: Standard for Sky Suite; slightly larger than regular veranda balcony

Wind a Problem? No

Soot a Problem? No

Problems / Comments:   Convenient location to AFT stairs and/or AFT Central Stairs/Elevators.  Revolutionized Sky Suite was tastefully decorated (liked it better than I thought I would); however feedback would be non-functional furniture in both the room and on the balcony.  As soon as we embarked, we asked for the rinky-dink plastic white desk chair to be replaced with something more functional (request fulfilled within the hour).  Used the couch on the balcony; but never used the classroom, hard wooden chairs.  Table in cabin was replaced with a tiny TV style table - although we used it; a full table would be more useful.   Plenty of storage space for 2 people for the week.  In summary, would book again (even with slightly obstructed view); quiet cabin; plenty of living space; comfortable.

To view the M-Class Spreadsheet:  CLICK HERE!

Millie_SS2_6121 Balcony.jpeg

Millie_SS2_6121 DeskArea.jpeg

Millie_SS2_6121 Interior.jpeg

Millie_SS2_6121 Interior2.jpeg

Edited by hvbaskey
  • Like 1

Spreadsheet Updated - 16 June 2019 [up to including, #462]

Format Update: please use the following fields (copy / paste into your reply) to submit your cabin information

Ship: eg., Millennium, Summit, Infinity, or Constellation

Revolution (2019 onwards) - Yes / No

Cabin: ####

Deck: #

Class: eg., Inside, OV, 2A Balcony, AQ1, Sky Suite 2, etc.

Area/Location: eg., Aft-Port; Midship, Forward-Starboard, etc.

Bed Location / View: Sea-facing; Wall-facing

Quiet? Yes, No (if no, use comments field)

Balcony/Porthole View: Obstructed, Good, Excellent, etc.

Balcony/Porthole Size: Standard, Large, Oversized, etc.

Wind a Problem? Yes, No (if no, use comments)

Soot a Problem? Yes, No

Comments: Write Away!

To view the M-Class Spreadsheet:  CLICK HERE!

• Like 1

Revolution (2019 onwards) - Yes

Cabin: 7201

Deck: 7

Class: FV

Area/Location: AFT

Bed Location / View: Wall-facing

Quiet? Yes

Balcony/Porthole View: Balcony

Balcony/Porthole Size: Large aft balcony with two loungers and two chairs

Wind a Problem? No

Soot a Problem? No

Comments:  2 TVs, Plenty of storage, a sitting room with divider.

• Thanks 1

Cabin: 9131

Class: Aqua Class

Area/Location: MID/AFT

Bed Location: Near Bathroom

Quiet? Mostly--Sometimes you could hear carts rolling in the Oceanview Cafe.

Balcony/Porthole View: Balcony with an overhang.  We loved having shade when we sat outside.

Balcony/Porthole Size: Average-size Balcony with round table and two chairs

Wind a Problem? No

Soot a Problem? No

Comments:  It was a great stateroom.  Equally close to mid and aft elevators. Could be at restaurants or pools in minutes using the stairs.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2019 at 12:12 PM, hvbaskey said:

Ship: eg., Millennium

Cabin: 6119

Deck: 6

Class: Sky Suite 2

Area/Location:  Aft, port

Bed Location / View: Sea-facing

Quiet? No

Balcony/Porthole View: Partially Obstructed, if you look straight down

Balcony/Porthole Size: Balcony 59 sq ft

Wind a Problem? No

Soot a Problem? No

Comments: First time on an M Class ship.  Ship has been edgified, but the storage in the room is awful.  Only two drawers and a couple of shelves that you have to squat to use.  First time ever, that we could hear our neighbors through the walls.  Not sure if the edgification removed some of the insulation but we've never had this problem before.  The sofa on the balcony only allows approximately 6 inches between the sofa and the glass.  Way to large for the space and the hard chairs and table are not conducive to relaxing on your balcony.  Table lamps on night stands useless.  

• Thanks 1

Cabin: 9027

Class: 2B.

Area/Location: Forward

Bed Location / View: Close to bathroom

Quiet? Yes. A pleasant surprise as deck 10 houses the solarium, pool, buffet, and spa. Never heard anything from above.

Balcony/Porthole View: Balcony

Balcony/Porthole Size: Standard

Wind a Problem? No

Soot a Problem? No

Comments: After sailing in sky suites for our last few cruises, I was worried the cabin would feel tiny but it didn't. Plenty of space and storage for 2 adults. As someone else mentioned, the closet is now not tall enough to house maxi/long dresses, so they pool on the shelf...not the end of the world but mildly annoying. Loved that the shower now has a glass door instead of a curtain. Also happy to see that X has now included USB charging ports by the desk and on one bedside lamp (additional plugs on the lamp base as well). Wasn't a big fan of the body wash in the shower but our stateroom attendant just gave us another bar of soap, so problem solved. I brought my own shampoo & conditioner but hubby didn't have any complaints with what was provided in the cabin. Overall, very happy with the new 'revolutionized' ship! 

015.jpg

016.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

• Thanks 1

Cabin: 3123

Deck: 3

Class: Oceanview

Area/Location:  mid-Port

Bed Location / View: Side Facing near bathroom

Quiet?    Yes

Balcony/Porthole View: Porthole (unobstructed)

Balcony/Porthole Size: Large (this is one of the new OV's added in Revolution)

Wind a Problem? No

Soot a Problem? No

Comments: First time we have sailed in OV and quite liked this cabin. It was one of 7 deck 3 port side OV's added in the Revolution with the larger window. It is in a quiet area with a secluded (dead end) hallway (only 4 of the seven cabins in this part). There are a couple of crew doors in this area but seldom saw anyone and was quiet. Conveniently located to the foyer, guest relations, shore excursions and the mid elevator. Found ourselves using the stairs to get to deck 4/5 and easy access to mid-ship gangway when used. Liked the new cabin design.  Bathroom was nice with glass shower door. Found that we had sufficient storage (there is a dresser with 4 large drawers as well as 4 smaller drawers in the desk area).  Outlets including USB port by the desk as well as outlets (with USB) in one of the bedside lamp base.  The lamp on the other side did not have outlets and was suspended and could not reach the on/off switch without getting out of bed - very odd and poor design choice. They should have used the same lamp with outlets as the other side. Overall a very good choice for an OV cabin.

• Thanks 1

SHIP: Summit

CABIN #: 9006

DECK #: 9

CLASS: Inside 

AREA: Forward (second cabin from bridge door)

BED NEAR: inside wall (perpendicular to ship)

QUIET?: No!!

BALCONY VIEW: N/A

BALCONY SIZE: N/A

WIND A PROBLEM?: N/A

SOOT A PROBLEM?: N/A

Small cabin but OK.  Bed against the far wall, perpendicular to the ship.  Rocking may be a problem to some.  The new sofa was wedged in the corner near the adjacent cabin’s door, hard to get in the bed past the sofa.  Good storage (I was solo, but I think there’d be plenty of storage for two.)

Cabin was in a good location, one deck below the pool, spa and buffet.  Unfortunately, it was directly below the weights in the 24/7 fitness center.  Those using the weights frequently dropped them on the floor, with a bang and vibration.  One night, somebody decided to do this at about 4AM.  In addition to this, there was a frequent rattle somewhere in the wall or ceiling.  It sounded like a marble rolling around, and then dropping down the chute.  I would stay away from this cabin if you want to sleep.

Bathroom was the standard, fairly tight but manageable.

• Thanks 1

On 5/26/2019 at 4:18 PM, Alsmez said:

Just off the Revolutionized Summit. We were in our first suite, an S2. 

CABIN #: 6124

CLASS: Sky Suite 2 (S2)

AREA: Between mid and aft elevators

BED NEAR: The new suite layout has the bed facing the balcony, with the head of the bed against the wall separating the bathroom from the sleeping area.

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed but right above water tanks and lifeboats, so looking straight down wasn't the most beautiful view.

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: The new S2 Sky Suites are by far the worst rooms I have ever been in on any ship. The layout is inefficient, storage is lacking and the furniture is awkward. We barely used the balcony because the couch and chairs were uncomfortable, and had to rearrange the room furniture just to move about the room freely. The bathroom was especially awful with no storage, few towel hooks, etc.

We also had this room at one point. It used to be an S1 and I told them it was NOT an S1 and should be changed to an S2 due to obstruction with lifeboats and tanks. Glad they finally listened. People not liking the new revolutionized rooms or furniture.😢

Summit:

CABIN #: 1100 (Numbered 100 on door).

CLASS: Aqua

AREA: Aft/Starboard

QUIET?: Unfortunately, no.  See comments...

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: Roomy with 2 chairs and a table

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Cabin is adjacent in hallway to a door to outside.  This door is frequently used and typically slams shut due to vacuum conditions (I guess).  This tends to wake myself and my wife up and is also jarring during the day.  Guest Services is aware of the issue and does not offer any remedy (other then “we will contact you if a suitable replacement cabin becomes available”).  Great cabin other then this issue, but this is unacceptable.  AVOID!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Information from a recent cruise on Infinity:

CABIN #: 7187

DECK #: 7

CLASS: Concierge

AREA: Near aft elevators, port side

BED NEAR: Bath, facing forward

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Obstructed downward by shade sail for suites on deck 6 below

BALCONY SIZE: standard

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Only noise / vibration observed when docking or undocking

• Thanks 1

CABIN #: 1016 on Summit

DECK #:  10

CLASS:  2C  (new cabin added in 2019, originally AQ but lowered to 2C due to noise issues)

AREA:  Front of ship

BED NEAR: Bathroom

QUIET?:  NO...see below...***

BALCONY VIEW:  Unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE:  Normal

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:  ***Avoid this cabin due to noise issue from ABOVE and CREW DOOR across hallway

*I was aware from others on this board there was a noise issue but was truly shocked at just how much.  Definitely noise from Sky lounge above which lasted nightly until 2am.  Their 80's night party was especially loud and I could identify every song.  As if noise from above was not enough, there is a crew door directly across the hall used to roll heavy carts onto the pool deck.  This started around 5am so once I fell asleep after Sky lounge shut down at 2am, I was awakened again 3 hrs later when the 5am carts came rolling by with door slamming behind.  I called to complain but of course nothing was done.  And I could not change cabins as it was a full cruise. Avoid this cabin at all costs!!

Edited by red919
  • Thanks 1

Cabin: 3119

Deck: 3

Class: Ocean view

Area/Location:  mid-Port side

Bed Location / View: Side Facing view near sofa. Bathroom, Bed, Sofa, Window configuration

Quiet?    Very. Except for occassional chatter in hallway.

Balcony/Porthole View: window/port hole

Balcony/Porthole Size: Large (this is one of the new OV's added in Revolution)

Wind a Problem? No

Soot a Problem? No

Comments: A very good choice for an OV cabin. Loved it. LOVED the revolutionized Summit.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2013 at 8:04 AM, helpthejuggler said:

Millennium

CABIN #: 8162

DECK #:  8

CLASS:   Concierge

AREA:

BED NEAR:  centered

QUIET?:        Yes

BALCONY VIEW:  unrestricted. 

BALCONY SIZE:   2 chairs and a table

WIND A PROBLEM?:  No

SOOT A PROBLEM?:  No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Aft location-approximately 3rd room from the end.  Clean room with plenty of storage.  Very quiet

• Thanks 1