Petition to add "Qsine" to Equinox and the Solstice.

NathanA04

There is absolutely nothing in Qsine that hasn't been done over and over again in hundreds of land based restaurants. It really is NOT novel, taste and quality is very average and everything reminds us of a mediocre Chain restaurant, including the over-friendly and over-familiar service.

We did it once, it was ok, certainly not worth the surcharge.

I vote to replace the current menu with locally sourced food and menus.

Went to Qsine last year on the Eclipse and did not really enjoy it. There were four of us, and the service, in my opinion, was a little on the unpolished side.

We were expecting a nice, leisurely experience, with all the small dishes…kind of grazing. We even told the waiter, who seemed like he was reading from a script and was not remotely natural, that we wanted to take our time.

What happened? Dishes started arriving before we could even finish the previous one.

We felt rushed, some of the dishes were actually kind of cold, and in our opinion some of the food in the Oceanview Cafe was better, especially the Indian stuff.

We LOVED Tuscan Grill on the same cruise and thought Murano was a bit overly ambitious (and we are used to fine dining) but ok.

This time, however, we have NO plans to return to Qsine.

To each his/her own, I guess.

We have done Qsine several times and definitely prefer Tuscan & Murano. I am quite sad that they put Qsine on 3 of the 4 Millennium class ships. I would prefer a petition to replace Qsine with Tuscan on those ships!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

So....with an upcoming Solstice voyage looming in a few months, I checked out the deck plan to see how similar she was to Silhouette and Reflection. I was disappointed to not find Qsine anywhere. I sought out this topic and found this petition. Though I was fully prepared to add my name to the Pro-Qsine list, I am blown-away by all the negative Qsine comments but I'm also quite impressed with all the Silk Harvest rave reviews. I will admit that Qsine is a once-per-cruise treat, but so are the other specialty venues, in my humble opinion. I'm now pretty psyched to try Silk Harvest! How does everyone feel about Blu?

Happy Sails!

while I would personally applaud the disappearance of Silk Harvest, Qsine is a fun restaurant every so often...as in every couple of cruise. It's not a restaurant we would want to dine at twice on a cruise.

If someone wanted to change restaurant offerings, I'd rather see a mexican cantina or good spanish restaurant (perhaps including tapas) rather than have more Qsines.

Thumbs up for a Spanish-themed restaurant.

So....with an upcoming Solstice voyage looming in a few months, I checked out the deck plan to see how similar she was to Silhouette and Reflection. I was disappointed to not find Qsine anywhere. I sought out this topic and found this petition. Though I was fully prepared to add my name to the Pro-Qsine list, I am blown-away by all the negative Qsine comments but I'm also quite impressed with all the Silk Harvest rave reviews. I will admit that Qsine is a once-per-cruise treat, but so are the other specialty venues, in my humble opinion. I'm now pretty psyched to try Silk Harvest! How does everyone feel about Blu?

Happy Sails!

Dining choices are subjective, but we love Blu. We would rather pay more for Aqua Class to have access to Blu than have the MDR and pay for specialty dining. That said, you'll also find many who really dislike Blu ...

I'd like it if they added the Lawn Club Grill, too.

They'd need to add a lawn for that.

Dining choices are subjective, but we love Blu. We would rather pay more for Aqua Class to have access to Blu than have the MDR and pay for specialty dining. That said, you'll also find many who really dislike Blu ...

We're just back from Silhouette and sat next to someone in AQ at Lawn Club Grill one night. I was surprised to hear that he had bought a restaurant package. Why bother booking AQ if you're not going to eat at Blu most of the time??

Anyway, I am a fan of Qsine (twice on this cruise since we had the Ultimate Dining Package) but I think that the overall experience turns out to be better than most of the individual dishes. And there's just way too much food (some of it not very good), even when you ask for just a small amount. I expect we'll go away in June when we're on Summit since my son will be with us and he's never been to Qsine.

I must say that I really enjoyed Lawn Club on this cruise. We ate there 3 times since it was the only specialty restaurant open for lunch the last day. We had not eaten there in the past.

Edited by MisterBill99

Another Please Don't Do That!

We never go to Q sine too quirky for us and we travel as a couple not with a group.....

So happy we are back on Equinox this fall where we can enjoy Silk Harvest.. We do love BLU, but a night out at Murano or Silk Harvest is fun too..or if no Silk then we do Tuscan.

Variety on ships is a good thing!!!

We enjoy the food in Blu and usually do not feel the need to pay for a specialty restaurant, but on our Reflection cruise last year we did decide to give Qsine a try since it seemed like a variety of options for our group. The service was great, but the food was so so. Nothing was outstanding. I can say I would not pay to dine there again.

I think I read another post that suggested adding a Barbecue specialty restaurant. I would be all for that idea, I know I am from Ohio but we do love barbecue and would have to imagine others would enjoy that too, especially cruisers from other countries.

If there is going to be a change, than I vote for something different than qsine. Had a rough impression of silk harvest, if my experience was just off I would try it again. But it was so bad I haven't wanted to go. Ready to be wowed I think.

Oops I voted twice, so I'll just give some detail,...

I would love for QSine to be on the Equinox. I thought the food was unique, unordinary, and not just plain and ordinary. Sushi lollipops, ok they are mostly presentation. The desserts, the cupcakes need work. The rest was fantastic!

I'd love to have the lawn grill also, as it sounds like fun.

But yes it's hard to walk away from Blu for a night at a specialty resturant. And I understand that many prefer the more ordinary food offered at Slik Harvest.

Edited by Chitown12562
Voted twice by mistake.