Our Surprise on the Freedom

We had blood drops on the floor and on the wall by the bathroom on our last trip on Monarch. Couldn't get anyone to stop long enough to look. Went up to stand in line at customer services when an officer asked if we had a problem. We had taken photos to show them. She saw the photos and said someone will meet you at the cabin. We told them just to have someone clean it up for us. WOW they beat us and gave us a new upgraded cabin with a fruit plate and a bottle of champagne. All we wanted was for it to be cleaned!!!! They asked a couple times a day if things were okay for us. They went beyond what we asked and they didn't have to. The WOW factor was met on that cruise! Wouldn't have thought about asking for any compensation. They did more than what we asked or expected.

Totally agree with Ken -toilet brush holder fell off the wall, the clip is still there! They do not take those suckers room to room, every cabin has their own! You lost your toilet brush! Hope someone was not cheap enough to scoff it!!!:DCannot imagine taking one of those home as a souvenier!

I always thought that the cabin Stewarts started in the morning, and the departing did not do anything that day except leave the ship.

I can think of about a million things I would rather find.

We got off ship this past week at the same time as our stateroom attendant. He was telling us that he needed to have all his rooms cleaned by noon (rather than 1 when the rooms would be open for the passengers) because that's when he had to leave the ship.

Apparently, at least in some cases, the "old" stateroom attendant does the cleanup in the morning and the "new" stateroom attendant does turndown in the evening.

We got off ship this past week at the same time as our stateroom attendant. He was telling us that he needed to have all his rooms cleaned by noon (rather than 1 when the rooms would be open for the passengers) because that's when he had to leave the ship.

Apparently, at least in some cases, the "old" stateroom attendant does the cleanup in the morning and the "new" stateroom attendant does turndown in the evening.

This makes sense as he is finishing taking care of or cleaning up after his guests who have tipped him. This is also what Brian David Bruns reported in his Cruise Confidential book series. A very humorous read BTW.

It looks like it could be a rusted clip/mounting bracket that's attached to the wall and whatever was attached to it, I.e. soap dish, towel holder etc.. Has fallen off. Sounds like it is a maintenance issue. While it needs to get fixed it is not worth getting up in arms over it. Certainly not going to ruin a vacation.
That's what I was thinking. If you look at the picture both sides are identical and it has been sliding side to side on the wall.

BonVoyage

Dawna

We had blood drops on the floor and on the wall by the bathroom on our last trip on Monarch. Couldn't get anyone to stop long enough to look. Went up to stand in line at customer services when an officer asked if we had a problem. We had taken photos to show them. She saw the photos and said someone will meet you at the cabin. We told them just to have someone clean it up for us. WOW they beat us and gave us a new upgraded cabin with a fruit plate and a bottle of champagne. All we wanted was for it to be cleaned!!!! They asked a couple times a day if things were okay for us. They went beyond what we asked and they didn't have to. The WOW factor was met on that cruise! Wouldn't have thought about asking for any compensation. They did more than what we asked or expected.

Just sent my mind down a rabbit trail......have heard that they "always" sail full. How do they give a new upgraded cabin in these type of instances? Possibly trade friends/family cabin that pay tips/taxes?

Just sent my mind down a rabbit trail......have heard that they "always" sail full. How do they give a new upgraded cabin in these type of instances? Possibly trade friends/family cabin that pay tips/taxes?

The way I understand it "full" doesn't alway mean all the cabins are taken. Just means the ship has reached passenger capacity.

I think the OP needs to hold it in their hand so we can get some frame of reference as to how big it is.

.... and then give it a smell and describe that to us.

Funny we haven't heard back from Cruisin MarcnFran yet, isn't it ? Threy're up havin cocktails laaaaaaughin their butts off at the ridiculous thread they started on CC yesterday!

Archived