Aqua Class Noise on Solstice Class

koalakruiser

I am tempted to book Aqua class for the next cruise but I am concerned about the potential noise from the Resort Deck above as well as the Fitness Centre. On another ship, the crew scraped the pool chairs together at about 10pm to clean the deck and then early the next morning dropped the chairs back from being stacked into place at the pool. Also what kind of an impact does the overhang from the Resort Deck have on cabins on the deck below, namely the Penthouse Deck where most of the Aqua Class cabins are located? We like the openness of the balcony but just curious if you have the feeling that you have an enormous roof over your head when sitting there.

We actually agree with your concerns but have a simple solution. We book AQ2 cabins which are towards the aft of the AQ cabins. These cabins are actually under a passenger deck which avoids the problem of the pool deck noise and also gives you an extra deck between you and the overhang. And one bonus is that category AQ2 is a bit cheaper then the AQ1s that are directly below the pool deck.

Hank

You can also book the forward AQ2 on port (left) side as long as they are not under the Aqua Spa cafe. They are very quiet.

But it also depends on when you want to sleep/nap... in the morning you will be awake because of the captain parking the ship no matter where you are ;) and in the evening the gym closes at 11pm.

Check the sticky thread here on the cabins, this is VERY helpful!

I've stayed directly below the pool deck near the entrance to the solarium and noticed almost no noise from above. The only time I ever heard chairs scraping around was early evening before dinner.

I've stayed directly below the pool deck near the entrance to the solarium and noticed almost no noise from above. The only time I ever heard chairs scraping around was early evening before dinner.

My problem with those cabins (also mentioned by the OP) is the large overhang above. To us, it really ruins the openness of the view from the balcony. On the other hand, those that want a balcony with lots of shade might love it.

Hank

I am tempted to book Aqua class for the next cruise but I am concerned about the potential noise from the Resort Deck above as well as the Fitness Centre. On another ship, the crew scraped the pool chairs together at about 10pm to clean the deck and then early the next morning dropped the chairs back from being stacked into place at the pool. Also what kind of an impact does the overhang from the Resort Deck have on cabins on the deck below, namely the Penthouse Deck where most of the Aqua Class cabins are located? We like the openness of the balcony but just curious if you have the feeling that you have an enormous roof over your head when sitting there.

If you are noise sensitive go aft, we always book Aqua and never had any noise problems in the aft A2 cabins. Look at the S Class Sticky for cabins reviews, it has a wealth of information. We love Aqua & Blu, enjoy your cruise whatever cabin you select:)

Have been in AQ1 midships twice, under pool deck area, and the only noise we have heard has been very minimal and mostly day/early evening hours. Not a concern at all (and I am a very light sleeper).

I have to agree we were just in 1595 and 1593 on the Solstice last Sept 13-23. I don't remember hearing any noise day or night. Yes there is the overhang. If I want sun I'll go to the pool. I do like the C2 on deck 12. But if I do get a AquaClass room again it will be AQ2. Richard

Being a FLA girl most of my life I do like shade! We have booked Reflection for spring break. Our AQ cabin is on the hump but under a passenger deck. When we sailed the Solstice we also chose an aft AQ under a passenger deck. It was a bit of a hike to the spa but otherwise soothingly quiet. Since I cruise for a restful getaway I also would not like to wake up to overhead noise.

We have sailed AQ twice on the Equinox, both times in aft cabins (1631 and 1637, IIRC) and had absolutely no problem with noise. Very quiet, not much traffic down the hallway. We prefer the large overhang as we would rather have a shaded balcony.

We book A2 Cabins as well. We book port side forward. The last three cruises we booked 1523. Great location, quiet, no huge overhang, and straight view down to the water. Plus it's close to the relaxation room! We are booked in this cabin again in March! We booked 1521 for our March 2015 cruise just to see if we would like the bed by the balcony better and for a drastic change!!! ;):D

Just got back from an AQ on the Solstice on Deck 11 close to mid-ship, under the pool area. On this particular cruise (America's Cup wine cruise on the west coast) we did not enjoy the large overhang. First of all, we were parked in some very interesting ports with hills, and the overhang prevented us from seeing the tops of the hills and the sites on them (such as Coit Tower in San Fran) - not a huge deal but a bit annoying. As the weather was cool, there was not a lot of noise from the pool deck, but the cool weather made all that shade a bad thing rather than a good thing. Towards the end of the cruise the weather warmed a bit and when I was sitting out on our balcony I could periodically hear a good amount of noise from people going back and forth on the deck above. I did not, however, hear noise when in the cabin. I guess in warm weather ports the overhang could be a plus for shade, but overall I would not pick that location again for a variety of reasons. In addition to the above, riding elevators was an exercise in patience, stopping on many floors and often waiting a fairly long time. Again, not the end of the world, but all in all I would prefer other locations.

We book A2 Cabins as well. We book port side forward. The last three cruises we booked 1523. Great location, quiet, no huge overhang, and straight view down to the water. Plus it's close to the relaxation room! We are booked in this cabin again in March! We booked 1521 for our March 2015 cruise just to see if we would like the bed by the balcony better and for a drastic change!!! ;):D

Am I correct in assuming that in your A2 cabin that you did have a "roof" over your head when sitting on the balcony - just no overhang?

here is the spreadsheet for cabins

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE

If nothing else it seems most people do not like the larger overhang, I was on the Infinity and we had 2 cabins one with the overhang right above and another one floor down, I prefer less overhang, but for you you may want shade

Archived