MS Veendam Sailaway October 17, 2013

rafinmd

The Veendam is approaching Halifax and will be in port 8-4 (0700-1500 Eastern, 0400-high noon western). No Lou and Dave, but Halifax webcam is quite good:

http://www.novascotiawebcams.com/halifax/pier-21.html

On the way in and out, it may be visible on their harbor entrance camera:

http://www.novascotiawebcams.com/halifax/harbour-entrance.htm

although that camera is quite blurry now with morning fog.

Seven Seas Navigator will also be in port 9-5 Halifax time (an hour later than the Veendam at both ends)

Roy

I'm here, still in my boot, so I'm not going anywhere!

I hope you're out of the boot soon. Since you aren't going anywhere, here is Dave and Lou's schedule for today:

KW | MAJESTY OF THE SEAS | 18:00

PC | CARNIVAL SENSATION | 16:00

PC | CARNIVAL ECSTASY | 16:00

PC | DISNEY DREAM | 17:00

All 3 hours earlier for you. Nothing terribly interesting, although I may watch what I have time for.

Still does not look like a very nice day for the Veendam. I just looked at the Harbor Entrance camera and it seems to be totally misted in. Probably a cool, damp day. I'm glad my visit on the Veendam was 2 months ago when the weather was a lot nicer.

Roy

We're having miserable weather here, too. I will enjoy a nice warm sailaway or three from Port Everglades! 83 degrees there! This time next year we'll be there, too. That's the cruise I can't wait for. Our next, which is to the Far East in February I'm a bit nervous about, especially since a bomb exploded in the hotel we are booked into for one night in Yangon! :eek:

It may be a very brief sailaway. I'm amazed at how foggy the Harbor Entrance view looks while the pier 21 camera is fine. If the Veendam backs up a bit, spins 180 degrees, and heads out to the harbor there won't be much to see, but I think there's a very good chance she will go around Georges Island, disappear while making the turn, and reappear on the other side of the island on the way out to sea.

About 10 minutes to go.

Roy

I think she's moving. It's not quite like a video, is it?

Not quite. I think if you put your cursor near the bottom of the picture you should see a string of refresh rates. I think it's every 2 seconds.

I thought she was in port until 4 pm? Looks like I missed the boat:eek:

Just leaving. Isn't it 4PM your time?

Roy

It's lunch time here! Just had my cottage cheese salad! How long will it take her to get to the other camera? Still very foggy there, on the harbour entrance cam.

I'm curious if we'll even be able to see her in that mess.... :confused:

Archived