Rip **********

R&M1000

I noticed it did get a look and feel update, but still functions relatively the same. Still can see all categories, still can then see all open cabins in the category. I was able to use as always looking a X cruises earlier in the week.

I did notice that on Friday once X took website down for updates, that all I got displayed was that all cabins were sold out and to click to be alerted when one comes open.

I did a test on another cruise line and still have functionality.

So I assume the "links" between the german website and X are just down while X maintains its booking engines. It may even mean the german site may need to reprogram the linking after X is done, but maybe not.

you are correct....it does function as before with a couple of minor changes

Note that to view deck plans you must click on "AVAILABILITY AND BOOKING"

then you can view deck plans

Whew......so glad not to lose this site :rolleyes:

It was working fine even with the new format when I checked the availability of our upcoming cruises earlier this week. Currently if you check availability on an X sailing you get the following message so IMO its got to do with the recent X website update. As mentioned earlier RCI cruises are currently showing the same amount of availability as previous.

Konnte keine Verbindung zum Reservierungssystem aufbauen.

We will be pleased to attend to your request once the access is possible again.

Been trying to use it this weekend to check on RC and Celebrity cruises and can't see availability. I believe it's because there's a big overhaul of their reservation systems taking place this weekend. If you try to check on other cruiselines you can see availability so hopefully it should be back to normal once the work has been completed.

Edited to say sorry I should have read post #8 above first, thank you for pointing that out :)

It was working fine even with the new format when I checked the availability of our upcoming cruises earlier this week. Currently if you check availability on an X sailing you get the following message so IMO its got to do with the recent X website update. As mentioned earlier RCI cruises are currently showing the same amount of availability as previous.

Konnte keine Verbindung zum Reservierungssystem aufbauen.

We will be pleased to attend to your request once the access is possible again.

For any of you in doubt about the meaning of the german line of the text in red:

It was not possible to make any connection to the reservation system. ;)

If this is the site I am thinking of, it only shows 15 staterooms in each category, correct? I know of five or six sites that also show a maximum of 15 staterooms. I wonder why only 15?

These sites are interfacing with the RCI reservation system. They show a max of 15 available cabins per category, if there are that many available.

mac_tlc

If this is the site I am thinking of, it only shows 15 staterooms in each category, correct? I know of five or six sites that also show a maximum of 15 staterooms. I wonder why only 15?

Hi Boogs:

These travel agent websites are hooked directly into Celebrity's reservation system, which only shows a maximum of 15 cabins available in any category, PER DECK.

So if a certain category of cabin is available on three decks, you may see up to 45 cabins available in that category on the travel agent website.

If you book a cabin with Celebrity, it will be removed immediately from the travel agent deck plans that show available cabins.

I was really hoping that Celebrity would offer the deck plan system to show availability in this new round of website upgrades, but nothing so far. If the travel agent websites can do it using Celebrity's own inventory management system, then I don't understand why Celebrity can't (or won't) use the deck plan system.

This explains why the pricing is not showing on my favorite site to check pricing and availability of cruises. I have my current cruise saved in my Favorites so all I have to do is one click to see if there are any changes. Usually pops right up when click, but now I get a message to call the big I about my CRUISE.;)

brilliant site, interesting that it shows cabins available that celebrity told us were not though

All it takes is for a cabin to be selected by someone doing a mock booking on either the X web site or a North American TA site and that cabin is taken out of the availability list for about 10 minutes. One in North America might do that is get the full price with taxes/fees included with no intent to complete the booking. The European and Down Under agencies include the taxes/fees in the initial price that shows so that isn't necessary there.:eek:

This thread is closed. Please remember that our posting guidelines do not permit references to any travel agencies, brick and mortar or on the web. In this case the Celebrity website does not constitute a website for purposes of this guideline, but any travel agency links contained inside the Celebrity website cannot be posted on Cruise Critic.

Thanks for your understanding.

Archived