Website now shows price WITH balcony discount

I suppose this was why the website was down for the past weekend. If you do a "mock booking" now, and you are logged in with your Crown and Anchor account (which verifies your level, such as Diamond-Plus, or whatever), the price shown now includes the balcony discount! I've tried several mock bookings, and it always shows the price with the discount. If you click on the price detail, it even shows the discount (as long as you are booking a balcony or higher).

Peter

But the discount only shows up for the first passenger (you) and not the second pax, since it does not have status/level info of the second pax, if there is one. Not hard, though, to recalculated the price if your SO has the same C&A level as you.

But the discount only shows up for the first passenger (you) and not the second pax, since it does not have status/level info of the second pax, if there is one. Not hard, though, to recalculated the price if your SO has the same C&A level as you.

Could it be that since the Balcony discount is PER CABIN, you are seeing the total discount applied to the first Guest, and therefore nothing to Guest 2. (much the same as savings certs are displayed)?

S and P

Could it be that since the Balcony discount is PER CABIN, you are seeing the total discount applied to the first Guest, and therefore nothing to Guest 2. (much the same as savings certs are displayed)?

S and P

It would appear that the discount is per cabin, but is applied to the first guest. However, for us folks in the UK they must be converting the USD discount amount of $225 for Diamond level for sailings of 6-9 nights into GBP using a exchange rate because it's only showing a discount of £140 (booking more than 6 months out) whereas previously when you had to call RCI UK C&A to get the discount applied they would give you the published GBP amount of £150.

S and P

Yes, exactly. The amount shows one discount, since it's per cabin, and not per person. Make sure the person with the highest status is logged in for the biggest discount to show.

• 2 weeks later...

Not only does the dummy booking show your C&A discount, it ads some perceived discounts as well.

I've been doing dummy bookings on an E1 Balcony I have reserved for a 7 day cruise January 2015, and it's showing my discount as $450! So, the original cruise price has increased, the discount has increased, and the total price is?

Exactly what I booked it for :confused:

I was checking some future cruises and when I picked a balcony and I checked the prices it was giving me a Diamond Plus discount of $225 instead of $250. Did I miss RCCL lower the discount to $225?

Is the cruise you are doing mock booking on more or less than 6 months away? If you book less months before sailing the balcony discount is reduced by $25.

Is the cruise you are doing mock booking on more or less than 6 months away? If you book less months before sailing the balcony discount is reduced by $25.

That is factored in as I did both with one 6 mos.+ out and one less than 6 mos. and it did adjust from $250 to $225, so that would likely be the case with MLG4MEE. And as it is a stateroom v pp discount it only shows on one persons tally in a double occupancy booking.

It also shows (although not by named itemization) the other applicable discounts - 55+, residence, etc. - in the aggregate discount. You can, for instance, back out the balcony discount and any remaining amount can be attributed to one (or more) of the other possible discounts.

Great - one more toy to play with....like I already don't spend enough time on RCI / CC to begin with! :rolleyes:

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I think that the web site trying to add in any potential balcony discounts is only adding a confusion factor. I never log on to do a dummy price check. I know what my diamond balcony discount will be and it does not factor into the comparison. The discount is a separate line item on the Booking Confirmation.

Edited by edjny

When you get to the first screen that shows the cabin categories, it quotes the price as splitting the discount. Just did a dummy booking on a 4-night EN cruise, and the price came up as $836.50/pp. Before I logged in, the price showed as $899. The discount of $62.50/pp is half of the 6 months+ Diamond discount. When you get to the summary of charges page, it shows the $125 applied to the first passenger. It seems like they actually got this one right.:)

Now if it also automatically increases the discount on future cruises if you go up a level after a cruise, it would be really well done.

I noticed that yesterday as well. I was doing a mock booking and then logged in to check on something. When I went back to the mock booking I found my cruise was cheaper! By $125 ;-). Our Emerald balcony discount :-)