We're "Barking" in 4 Weeks...Anyone Else Have Silly Cruise Sayings???

Wilda

Do not have a saying, but do have a tradition of a customary first drink on every cruise at the Pool Bar as soon as I "bark". Red Stripe!

"Red Stripe and reggae. Helping our white friends dance for over 70 years. Red Stripe. It's beer. Hooray beer!" Love that commercial. :p

Edited by lv2bcruzin

DH likes to name our trips, and our last one was the Timmy's cruise because we wanted to go to a Tim Horton's when we were in Vancouver! (And we did!)

We also named our last cruise "Hawaiian Hula Hoot" Someone on our roll call said that as a joke and it stuck as our name for the cruise. Haven't got one for our next Hawaiian cruise, any ideas out there??:D

When we have literature attached to our door, we call out "we have tree mail" from tv show, Survivor. Dumb, but we do it anyway!!

Smiled when I read this. My husband and I always say this as well. It is dumb but we always get excited to receive mail!

Having sailed on almost all Voyager and Freedom class ships, all of whom have different names for their "English pubs", we refer to them all as the "Squat and Gobble", which actually was a restaurant/bar close to us.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Picked this up from a book we read on the subject of the very many stray dogs in Romania. They are always looking for scraps. They sniff here and there, to the right and to the left...looking for scraps of ham.

"Ham, Ham..." every time we hit the buffet.

"Ham, Ham..."

We crack up Every time! ham ham

As we get closer to sailing, instead of saying "let's go" or "we gotta go" ... I start saying "let's float" or "it's time to float!" :D also when we see the ship for the first time the day we embark (or bark :p), we say (in Fantasy Island Tatoo style) ... "Da ship, da ship, I see da ship!"

(Am I aging myself? Does anyone remember that show? Lol)

When we have literature attached to our door, we call out "we have tree mail" from tv show, Survivor. Dumb, but we do it anyway!!

And I thought we were the only foolish ones, :p. We as well get excited for mail and always shout out "we have tree mail" . That is so funny 2 of you said the same thing.

We've got lots, but then we are weird like that:

The pile of Cruise Compasses on the desk are referred to in the plural as "Compii" (too much Latin in our past)

We refer to the captain (only when discussing his midday announcements, never to others or to his face ;)) as the "Swedish chef" (anyone remember the muppets?)

We had an assistant waiter who recently called the savory bite rolls "bullets" and that has stuck now!

Viking crown lounge is forever "the crotch bar"

(The long story is the earlier ships had glass in the VCL that allowed you to see inside from the pool deck. Unfortunately, because the VCL is space saucer shaped with the lower and upper sections bending toward eachother, you could only see in the lower half, which was bar height seating all around the perimeter of the VCL. And of course if you looked up from the pool deck all you saw was feet and ...well, you can see how after a few sundowners we and our pals on the pool deck came up with the "crotch bar".)

No one is going to like this one- especially now that we are members of the club:p but we have also used the term "diamond dinosaur" when it fit! ;)

Oh, and I forgot! My cousin really and truly believed and told someone at the airport that he thought he was sailing on the "Carnival Seabass" so that is how we refer to our cruise on Oasis with them to this day!

Edited by Familygoboston

They are all great, made me smile and chuckle, just what I needed on a Monday morning!

I don't think we have any, or maybe we do and just don't know it :confused:

But I am sure our kids will come up with a few corkers.....especially as my daughter has recently described to someone that she does not like it when her Nan does roasted armpits cause they taste funny...she meant parsnips!!!!

I have to ask. What literature is ever attached to your door? We've been on 8 RCI cruises and the only literature we've found on our door is our Sea Pass bill on the final night of the cruise.

I don't bark but I do have a tendancy to howl occasionally. My DW goes to the mustard drill. I have tried to correct her but it is hard to change old people. (If I want her to know that I said that I will tell her myself.):rolleyes: