Have Celebrity Eclipse Questions ? Ask Here !

Andy

Hi Everyone,

We are sailing on Celebrity Eclipse this weekend. As always, I'm happy to answer your questions ! Depending on the Internet connection, I'm planning to offer "Live From", updates on this forum - as long as the Internet cooperates :)

I'm also trying something new ! I hope to share photos while onboard Eclipse, via my Wi-Fi camera - again, depending on the Internet. Unfortunately, the photos cannot be sent directly to our forum, so I will be posting them on my Twitter feed. If you wish to view the photos, please follow me on Twitter @HostAndy or click here for my page.

We are very excited to be onboard Eclipse again, and I'm looking forward to your questions. Thank You !

We will be on the same cruise right afterwards, Nov.30th. Will be very interested in your reports. Thanks for taking the time and expense to post from the ship. DH will want to know if the internet has improved at all, as he needs to keep in touch with work. We love the Eclipse.

Mary Ann

Thanks! I am looking froward to your blog and photos. After 25 cruises w/ Princess, 10 with other lines and once on the Chandris cruise line(pre-Celebrity) we thought we'd sail on Celebrity for our annual winter escape cruise. As I read the boards and follow other's posts, the countdown is on. Smooth sailing and calm seas.

Looking forward to your posts and pictures! Sorry I'm only able to be there vicariously this year. Have a ball!

Thank you Linda. Hopefully, we will see you in 2014 !

Will be sailing on the Nov 30 Eclipse cruise.

Would like to know if passengers get charged $10, or $15 for the upgrade from Classic to Premium when on board.

If that is the case I will do it 4 days prior, otherwise I may decide to wait a few days to and use the SBC.

Thanks

🎄🎅

Will be sailing on the Nov 30 Eclipse cruise.

Would like to know if passengers get charged $10, or $15 for the upgrade from Classic to Premium when on board.

If that is the case I will do it 4 days prior, otherwise I may decide to wait a few days to and use the SBC.

Thanks

Hi Miched,

We do not have a drink package on this sailing... but I will ask your question. Please stay tuned !

Ok. So, supposedly, in TWO WEEKS they will be announcing the changes to captains club.

According to my source (the BDM for the NJ/NY region) there will be 2 new levels. I tried to drag more information out of him, but he wouldn't really budge. He did say that one thing they threw around was the idea of giving unlimited internet to suite guests (that's kinda outside of the club though i'd think). That would certainly be a nice perk. He wouldn't give me details about how it might impact anyone, even when i tried to get him to tell me if it would impact me (i'm select now, closing in on elite in 2014 hopefully - but now that they are changing - who knows). He also mentioned upgrades to the laundry options for the levels.

So, here's hoping he wasn't blowing smoke. I know we've heard this time and time again but he seemed to have a lot of info and was pretty adamant about the 2 weeks. So...lets all cross our fingers....

Andy

Just read this on a different thread.

The two week period quoted falls during your cruise so if you hear anything please let us know.

Thanks!

Bon Voyage, to our Boca Raton Neighbor!!

Andy, we hope you have a wonderful cruise! No questions as of this moment, but we will be tuned in and can't wait for your reports!

We will be on the Eclipse's 12.28.13 sailing and are looking forward to celebrating New Year's Eve onboard!

Have a wonderful cruise!! :)

Thanks so much for the kind offer to answer questions! My wife and I are sailing on the Eclipse (same itinerary as yours) in February. Here are some of our questions for you:

When we sailed on the Equinox last month, we found out about the last day of the cruise that the pastries/brownies in the case at the coffee bar were complimentary (probably a good thing we found out late). Are they complimentary on the Eclipse as well?

Many of the main theater shows were pretty sparsely attended on our Equinox cruise, which surprised us. We were late seating dinner. If you get a chance can you please comment on the overall attendance and quality of the main shows?

There is a question on our roll call whether we will dock or be tendered in St. Thomas. Apparently, there will be many other ships going to St. Thomas the same day as we are. Can you let us know how it went for your cruise?

We know from another thread that Perry Grant will be on the Eclipse in Feb. Can you describe the other lounge/venue acts/bands that are on the ship, and if its not too much trouble find out how long they will be on the ship?

Also, can you please let us know if you find any surprises or things that you particularly enjoyed or would highly recommend?

We wish you a Bon Voyage, and hope you have a great trip!

Doug and Pam

Edited by DWhit

Hi Andy, hope you have a great cruise:)

And to answer Dwhit...yes, the pastries in Cafe Al Bacio are complimentary on all the ships. There is a charge for the beverages.

Are the shaded cabanas by the main pool first come first served - or are they reserved for a fee. I heard you pay for space in grassy area on upper deck - just curious - thanks!

Hi Treacher1,

If you are asking about the shaded mini-beds by the pool, they are first come first served, and are complimentary. The cabanas you've mentioned, are known as the Alcoves, and are not offered on Eclipse. They are available on Reflection and Silhouette. They are located on the upper Pool deck, are reserved with a fee.

I hope this is helpful !

Are the shaded cabanas by the main pool first come first served - or are they reserved for a fee. I heard you pay for space in grassy area on upper deck - just curious - thanks!

We were on the Eclipse in 2013 and the shaded areas by the pools were first come first served. We did not pay for space on the grass. There were a few events that had fees but in general the grass was free.

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your kind wishes. It's always appreciated. I may not respond to every post on this thread, but I'm keeping a list of your questions. Depending on internet conditions, I will try to reply while onboard, or at the latest, when I return home. Let's hope I will have an improved internet experience on this sailing.

Only 2 days to go. Let the countdown begin ! :)

Please try to keep track of the piped-in music in various venues on the ship. Where is it obnoxious? Where can we escape to a quiet place?

Thanks!

Hopefully Andy won't be subjected to loud "Don't Cha Wish Your Girlfriend was Hot Like Me?" like they had in Trellis DR on Infinity one night on the transatlantic.:rolleyes:

Andy, have a great cruise. Hopefully you'll be able to do that live blog and it's very kind of you to answer questions.

Enjoy yourself!:)