The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

Still nothing here in the UK!

Last time I made any comment about Elite Drinks I was burned by someone labelling me as the drinks police! I guess in any bar anywhere you can observe generally acceptable and generally not acceptable behaviour. This thread is about the whole package of captains club rewards, not just Elite drinks. It would be nice to find that all levels have something new or improved to look forward too.

Play nicely everyone - at least until we have seen the official announcements and can comment on certainty!

Angie x

I totally agree. We earned ours the old fashioned way. Our first Celebrity cruise was on the Zenith in 1992. Before that we cruised on Carnival, man what a difference. It has changed over the years but still our favorite line.:D

Hey Gail you are cruising in 4 days 14 hours!:D

This is my conversion statement!

Tier Credits to Points Conversion Details

Dear Richard xxxxxx , we have converted from using a Tier Credit reward system to a Point reward system on 23 NOV 2013

Here is how it works:

CREDIT

CREDITS

Your Credits earned by conversion date

Sailings: 7 Club Points from credits: 630 627 Total Club Points:

23 Nov 2013 Change from use of Credits to Club Points 1 Credit = 30 Club Points 630 Club Points (21 Credits)

19 Sep 2012 Celebrity Constellation® Club Veranda Staterooms 12 Night Immersive Wine Cruise 3

04 May 2012 Celebrity Eclipse® Club Veranda Staterooms 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2

14 Oct 2011 Celebrity Eclipse® Club Veranda Staterooms 16 Night W. Med & Adriatic Coast Cruise 3

07 May 2011 Celebrity Eclipse® Club Veranda Staterooms 14 Night Italian Mediterranean Cruise 3

03 May 2011 Celebrity Eclipse® Club Veranda Staterooms 4 Night Cork Cruise 2

04 Oct 2010 Celebrity Eclipse® Club Veranda Staterooms 16 Night W. Med & Adriatic Coast Cruise 3

21 May 2010 Celebrity Eclipse® Club Veranda Staterooms 11 Night Canary Islands Cruise 2

Some information has been deleted, but I'm happy!

Richard

Did anyone notice that?

What does "7 club points from credits" mean?

We cruised on Celebrity 30-60 nights per year and always in a Sky suite or higher. We have for years and with this new accounting will have 1500 points I think? We always bought our alcohol....NEVER went to Elite happy hours and when the drink packages came we always signed up premium. The Small Ship in a big ship program....was AMAZING for us. We have over 300 nights aboard Silversea over 100 on Seabourn....but we get bored.....lots of VERY OLD people. Some great! Some really hateful and angry. Some great itinerary's though.

I LOATHE the destruction of the Celebrity Elite happy hour.....keeping all the cheapos in the Sky lounge is great for us. We can enjoy the bars at our leisure and not have to deal with crowds.....Which is what we pay for with the premium alcohol package. This has changed.....Smaller glasses are introduced for the happy hour folk.....Bartenders take forever to take a drink orders, pouring crap house vodka when Russian Standard has been ordered, people are using other peoples tickets.....a guy using "barbaras ticket.....shes not here right now....busted" WE HAVE PAID extra to get? Drunk people who try to shove in as much alcohol as possible in a two hour window puking in various bars..... It is starting to make us re think our Celebrity cruises at $800+ per day per couple with packages on Celebrity? It is becoming a bit of a free for all. Nice people are all good, but this "free" mentality is creating monsters.

IF Celebrity cruises is looking to attract a younger affluent crowd, they cannot sacrifice the exclusivity that being in a suite and purchasing a higher end drink package bring. Or they can and their suites will ride empty. That said, they are experimenting with Suite concierge lounges etc..and doing away with Butlers.....so perhaps there is hope in site. If they want us to pay....they need to deliver. IMHO

Safe sailing to all.

ITA!!!

I wonder what Celebrity thinks of the many here bashing long time loyal Celebrity cruisers. It can't be good for business. I bet they're regretting that shout out...

Did anyone notice that?

What does "7 club points from credits" mean?

Actually....what does this whole line mean??

Sailings: 7 Club Points from credits: 630 627 Total Club Points:

and where did that statement come from?? email? website? I haven't received anything.

Edited by ghstudio

There are many in that situation though. Anyone currently on a cruise is not getting the new benefits. But as the conversion has already occurred, it suggests that they will get credited the new level of points under the new program. Although it would be technically possible for both them and the poster you replied to have points credited under the old structure.

I see in the snapshot that my four credits are now 120 club points. I have cruised over 20 years ago about 7 times on Celebrity, but since I have 43 cruises or 287 nights on RCCL, I saw no need to go back and try to get those added. I am wondering if they will start crediting a D+ to an Elite+. Makes sense. I know many Celebrity folks, that have cruised Celebrity over 30 times, that always wondered why they were not D+. Makes sense to me.

I see in the snapshot that my four credits are now 120 club points. I have cruised over 20 years ago about 7 times on Celebrity, but since I have 43 cruises or 287 nights on RCCL, I saw no need to go back and try to get those added. I am wondering if they will start crediting a D+ to an Elite+. Makes sense. I know many Celebrity folks, that have cruised Celebrity over 30 times, that always wondered why they were not D+. Makes sense to me.

The top tier that can cross over will be Elite and Diamond. So Diamond Plus can only go as high as Elite and Elite Plus can only go as high as Diamond even with the new levels. This was per the Celebrity rep on Saturday. In order to move up one has to earn the points on each particular line.

Edited by cruisingator2

My thinking is that reciprocity will stop with Diamond to Elite. They're trying to lower the numbers in the higher tiers on both lines. But, like everything else, we will find out--sooner rather than later, I hope!

What are these bonus points which are given to users between Select and Elite?

We currently have 180 points (6 on old program) and have cruise book giving us 60 points (3 on old program). On old program we would have needed 1 more point for Elite status - now with new program we will need 60 points.

Does anyone know about those bonus points? Since Celebrity website doesn't state anything.

Thank goodness, us cheapos are fun! I will be E Plus after this next cruise as there was a huge price drop and we upgraded to a balcony! Good thing or we would still be short a few credits.

Thank goodness you will get to Elite Plus soon. We wouldn't want you down there with all "riff raff".

What are these bonus points which are given to users between Select and Elite?

We currently have 180 points (6 on old program) and have cruise book giving us 60 points (3 on old program). On old program we would have needed 1 more point for Elite status - now with new program we will need 60 points.

Does anyone know about those bonus points? Since Celebrity website doesn't state anything.

If you had 8 or 9 old points, celebrity added 16 or 25 points so that you could still make elite with your next 7 day cruise. No one else (as far as I know) received bonus points.

If you had 8 or 9 old points, celebrity added 16 or 25 points so that you could still make elite with your next 7 day cruise. No one else (as far as I know) received bonus points.

Thanks for clarification. It is probably too much to ask for Celebrity to provide all of this kind of information on their website.

Our son had 8 credits. Multiplied by 30 = 240. Then they gave him 25 bonus credits to bring his total to 265.

While he was only 2 cruise credits away from Elite, now unless he books a veranda or higher it will take him longer to get to Elite with booking inside cabins which is what we usually book.

I had seven old points. I now have 240 new points so I must have received 30 bonus points.

Dave

on website now...

for points allocation, click on Question mark next to you point total.

Elite Plus Member Benefits*

(750-2,999 earned Club Points**)

Many of the benefits of Elite membership plus:

• • Complimentary 200-minute Internet package
  • • Complimentary cappuccino, latte and espresso
  • • 10% discount on any Beverage Package‡
  • • 15% discount on any Specialty Restaurant‡
  • • Private shipboard departure lounge with continental breakfastAccess to a coffeehouse style breakfast and Evening Cocktail hour
  • • Invitation to the Elegant Tea event
  • • Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice, while the ship is in port)
  • • Two complimentary bags of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on all Celebrity cruises ***
  • • Complimentary dry cleaning of one item
  • • Ability to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Diamond Level

Zenith Member Benefits*

(3,000+ earned Club Points**)

Many of the benefits of Elite Plus membership plus:

• • Access to Michael's Club Lounge, including Embarkation Day
  • • Complimentary 1600-minute Internet package
  • • Complimentary laundry
  • • Complimentary Beverage Package+
  • • 25% off Specialty Dining‡
  • • Priority Seating in Theater (on formal and production show nights, seats released 10 minutes prior to curtain call)
  • • Priority embarkation while the ship is in port
  • • Upgraded bath amenities
  • • Complimentary lunch at Bistro on Five (when sailing consecutively)++
  • • Complimentary Extend Your Stay (where available stay onboard longer on disembarkation day)
  • • Complimentary Luggage Valet service from ship to final destination airport (where available, airline fees still apply)
  • • Upon reaching the Zenith tier, Captain's Club will make a charitable donation in the member’s behalf
  • • Upon reaching the Zenith tier, receive a complimentary 7-night Caribbean or Bermuda cruise (in a Veranda stateroom only)+++
  • • At 6000 Club Points and every 3000 Club Points thereafter receive a complimentary 7-night Caribbean or Bermuda cruise (in an AquaClass® stateroom)

Elite Member Benefits*

(300-749 earned Club Points**)

Many of the benefits of Select membership plus:

• • Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for daily coffee house style breakfast
  • • Evening Cocktail hour (excludes embarkation and evening of Senior Officers' Party)
  • • Complimentary 90-minute Internet package (can be applied towards most larger Internet packages)
  • • Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is in port)
  • • Complimentary dry cleaning of one garment item
  • • One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing***
  • • A private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast
  • • Elegant tea invitation
  • • Diamond Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society‡

*Benefits are exclusive to sailings on Celebrity Cruises (excluding Celebrity Xpedition®) and are subject to change without notice. Modified benefits are

We cruised on Celebrity 30-60 nights per year and always in a Sky suite or higher. We have for years and with this new accounting will have 1500 points I think? We always bought our alcohol....NEVER went to Elite happy hours and when the drink packages came we always signed up premium. The Small Ship in a big ship program....was AMAZING for us. We have over 300 nights aboard Silversea over 100 on Seabourn....but we get bored.....lots of VERY OLD people. Some great! Some really hateful and angry. Some great itinerary's though.

I LOATHE the destruction of the Celebrity Elite happy hour.....keeping all the cheapos in the Sky lounge is great for us. We can enjoy the bars at our leisure and not have to deal with crowds.....Which is what we pay for with the premium alcohol package. This has changed.....Smaller glasses are introduced for the happy hour folk.....Bartenders take forever to take a drink orders, pouring crap house vodka when Russian Standard has been ordered, people are using other peoples tickets.....a guy using "barbaras ticket.....shes not here right now....busted" WE HAVE PAID extra to get? Drunk people who try to shove in as much alcohol as possible in a two hour window puking in various bars..... It is starting to make us re think our Celebrity cruises at $800+ per day per couple with packages on Celebrity? It is becoming a bit of a free for all. Nice people are all good, but this "free" mentality is creating monsters.

IF Celebrity cruises is looking to attract a younger affluent crowd, they cannot sacrifice the exclusivity that being in a suite and purchasing a higher end drink package bring. Or they can and their suites will ride empty. That said, they are experimenting with Suite concierge lounges etc..and doing away with Butlers.....so perhaps there is hope in site. If they want us to pay....they need to deliver. IMHO

Safe sailing to all.

Thank you Cruise Critic for providing such a wonderful tool on your website such as the Ignore List. I just bet a number of readers will select this option. Click.....end of discussion for me.

Hey, I know Cruising Chick and she is not a cheapo or low class! We have sailed with her on many cruises and she and her DH are salt of the earth, just like us! Sorry, I mean "middle class". We might have been Elite for a long time but who would know? We don't wear badges. Now we are Elite+ (as of today) but who knows what might happen down the road if Celebrity ever gets their act together :rolleyes:

We just like the cruising experience - and will stick with Celebrity. We are also not "crossovers" from RCI and have "earned" all our points strictly with Celebrity since 1992. Imagine how we feel because we can't sail more than, possibly, once a year????? Are we low class because of that??????

Arguing gets us nowhere. Time to get back to the subject of how horrible Celebrity is handling this new roll out!

Have a great week all

Pat

Surely you realize that RCCL folks have to earn Celebrity points and there is no “crossover” Yes, Celebrity Elite passengers were granted Diamond status on RCCL and RCCL Diamond /D+ and Pinnacle passengers were granted ELITE with Celebrity. Seems to be equal. There is/was no crossover or addition of points. My Elite points are ONLY THOSE I ACTUALLY SAILED WITH CELEBRITY

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Hi Pat, thanks for the kind words. You, John and your entire family are definitely high class our book.

Hopefully Celebrity is handling the roll out of the new program better on their ships than that have on their web-site.

Hope to sail with you guys again soon.

Anne Maria

I was going to offer to buy you a drink, CruisingChick, if we ever met, since you are a cheapo, but now that you salt of the earth, I'll buy you two! LOL!