Changes to Celebrity Captain's Club

cruisegirl1

Celebrity site notes changes to the Captain's club

They have added an Elite plus ( similar to D+) and Zenith (pinnacle ). They are changing to a point system. No word on how reciprocity will work. Currently, D, D+ P became Elite on Celebrity. Elites became D.

I imagine there will be lots to read on the Celebrity board today.

M

They have added an Elite plus ( similar to D+) and Zenith (pinnacle ). They are changing to a point system. No word on how reciprocity will work. Currently, D, D+ P became Elite on Celebrity. Elites became D.

M

I checked My Celebrity and they haven't converted the points yet. Just shows status of Elite.

M

About reciprocity (copy and paste from Celebrity's website)

Reciprocity Between Brands

Equivalent recognition is one of the benefits of being a Captain's Club, Crown & Anchor Society and/or Le Club Voyage loyalty member. It offers loyalty members the opportunity to receive recognition and similar benefits with matching tier status - both pre-cruise and onboard - when sailing with one of the three brands. Members of one loyalty program must enroll in a sister program in order to receive equivalent recognition benefits.

Cruise credits earned on one brand are not combinable with cruise credits earned on another brand. Cruise credits earned on one brand remain according to actual cruises taken with that brand and are calculated using that brand's program level accrual system. The benefits of the Captain's Club, Crown & Anchor Society and Le Club Voyage loyalty programs remain independent and cannot be combined.

Equivalent recognition between program membership levels works as follows: Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club Select level is equivalent to Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Platinum and Emerald levels and Azamara Club Cruises' Le Club Voyage Explorer level. Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club Elite level is equivalent to Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club levels and Azamara Club Cruises' Le Club Voyage Discoverer level.

Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club Preview and Classic levels are not part of the equivalent recognition benefit.

I hope this might be a good thing for C&A members , as it could convert to where we earn points with both lines in the future.

While I would love that--I doubt it will happen. Especially given that the points system they are changing to is not really the same as the one RCI is using.

I am guessing that Celebrity has not finished updating the Captain's Club webpage since the tabs at the top of the page do not include the new levels and the Elite tab still shows "10 earned tier credits".

It will be interesting to see the reaction from the Celebrity Boards.

Here is the link to the Captain's Club website http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do

Unfortunately, they have not fully updated it to the new points system, yet. It will be interesting to see what exactly it says (especially about reciprocity) once they DO update it to reflect what is being sent out to TAs, etc.

It would be shocking if you were new to Celebrity and did not know it were in change and saw that you could only earn up to 3 points per cruise and that you need 150 points just to get to "select" (mid level) status!

Edited by NHDisneylover

Here are the Point Totals for each tier in the "new" Captain's Club.

Preview - 0

Classic - 2 to 149

Select - 150 to 299

Elite - 300 to 749

Elite Plus - 750 to 2999

Zenith - 3000 or more

It will be interesting to see how many points can be earned on a cruise which I guess will be dependent on length and cabin category.

About reciprocity (copy and paste from Celebrity's website)

Reciprocity Between Brands

Equivalent recognition is one of the benefits of being a Captain's Club, Crown & Anchor Society and/or Le Club Voyage loyalty member. It offers loyalty members the opportunity to receive recognition and similar benefits with matching tier status - both pre-cruise and onboard - when sailing with one of the three brands. Members of one loyalty program must enroll in a sister program in order to receive equivalent recognition benefits......

....Equivalent recognition between program membership levels works as follows: Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club Select level is equivalent to Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Platinum and Emerald levels and Azamara Club Cruises' Le Club Voyage Explorer level. Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club Elite level is equivalent to Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club levels and Azamara Club Cruises' Le Club Voyage Discoverer level.

Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club Preview and Classic levels are not part of the equivalent recognition benefit.

According to Celebrity – this info is subject to change and does not address the new Elite plus and Zenith. I called and spoke to a Celebrity agent this morning to see of Elite + would equate to D+ etc and her comment to me was “I cannot comment on any new reciprocity levels at this time. All the new and updated info will be out in a few days.

She did tell me that benefits for each old category will NOT be reduced, and that the all the benefits that Elites get will remain the same , and that E+ and Z will get even more benefit!

M

Question-what is the difference between:

complimentary Captain's Club cocktail hour. [Elite+]

and:

access to our exclusive Michael's Club Concierge Lounge (Zenith]

I've never sailed Celebrity but do have one in the 'to go file'!!:)

and-does that mean a Pinnacle member with Royal is only Elite plus with Celebrity?? Big point difference between both lines if I'm reading this correct???

Edited by Debde

It used to be 10 cruises to make Elite now its 300 points :eek:

How is that going to work with Diamond on RCCL only being 80 points:confused:

That's what I'm wondering!!:eek:

and a clear difference in the wording of a Captains club cocktail hour and access to our exclusive Michael's Club Concierge Lounge :confused:

It used to be 10 cruises to make Elite now its 300 points :eek:

How is that going to work with Diamond on RCCL only being 80 points:confused:

On the Celebrity board they are saying that 1 credit (you used to earn between 1-3 credits per Celebrity cruise depending on the type of stateroom and length of cruise) will be multiplied by 30 to get new values.

Which means, to me, that however they roll out how you will earn credits in the future, it will not be the same as RCI's one per night or 2 per night in a suite.

That's what I'm wondering!!:eek:

and a clear difference in the wording of a Captains club cocktail hour and access to our exclusive Michael's Club Concierge Lounge :confused:

It sounds like it will be the drink vouchers for the Elites

On the Celebrity board they are saying that 1 credit (you used to earn between 1-3 credits per Celebrity cruise depending on the type of stateroom and length of cruise) will be multiplied by 30 to get new values.

Which means, to me, that however they roll out how you will earn credits in the future, it will not be the same as RCI's one per night or 2 per night in a suite.

Im trying to find where they got the conversion rate from

Now when I go to my Captains club page it is the old version with tiers not points:confused:

It sounds like it will be the drink vouchers for the Elites

Im trying to find where they got the conversion rate from

Now when I go to my Captains club page it is the old version with tiers not points:confused:

Yeah--it has been going back and forth every couple of hours this morning :rolleyes: They are clearly working on it. I am surprised they don't just pull that part offline for a day or so and put it back up one everything is done.

Yeah--it has been going back and forth every couple of hours this morning :rolleyes: They are clearly working on it. I am surprised they don't just pull that part offline for a day or so and put it back up one everything is done.

The website is probably hosted by a server farm, and they don't have all the servers updated yet, so you randomly get a different version.

Question-what is the difference between:

complimentary Captain's Club cocktail hour. [Elite+]

and:

access to our exclusive Michael's Club Concierge Lounge (Zenith]

I've never sailed Celebrity but do have one in the 'to go file'!!:)

and-does that mean a Pinnacle member with Royal is only Elite plus with Celebrity?? Big point difference between both lines if I'm reading this correct???

The cocktail hour used to be held in Michael’s club ( a very nice upscale looking lounge – dark wood/lots of large leather furniture) Numbers have gotten larger so they use their Sky lounge, the equivalent of the RCCL Viking Lounge. Many old time Elites still talk about how nice the event was in Michael’s. I believe that on a few occasions, “upper tier” Elites had their cocktail hour(s) in Michaels lounge while all the other Elites went to the Sky Lounge.

In the past, Celebrity have never had any sort of dedicated lounge for Captain’s Club members.

It seems like the points may be difference (because of how they decide to use points) but in actuality, the actual day/cruises needed reach the same type of levels between RCCL and Celebrity will not be that far off.

I spoke to a Celebrity agent this morning ( we sail Celebrity as well as RCCL) and I am told that no one will lose any benefit they already have and that she could not comment on what reciprocity would look like.

Reciprocity has been more unfair to the Celebrity customer who was Celebrity Elite ( their highest level) to transfer to RCCL and be placed at the third highest level (Diamond). Those who were RCCL Diamond, transferred to Celebrity’s highest level.

It will be interesting to watch.

M

Based on maintaining equivalence, a base cruise should be worth 30 points.

Not a fan of multi points for a single base item.

I wonder if they're going to a revenue-based rewards system. 1pt for every $50 spent seems about right to get to 30pts/cruise.

Holland is based upon days cruised. I have 51 days so I am a 2 star. At 75 days I will be a 3 star. Last I checked 4 stars was the top but I think they are adding a 5 star category.

I'm glad I got to Select on my last cruise on Celebrity. I am taking my 2nd on RCCL but the reciprocity takes me to Platinum. I'm sure it won't do me much good though. At only one cruise a year it will be a long time before I get much in privileges on any Line.

The snapshot we saw this morning (much discussed on the X board) before it was taken down looked like a very, very confusing system... multiplying your existing Celebrity credits by 30? Seems like there's going to be a wide degree of variation in what you can earn on each cruise... If nothing else, it'll be quite interesting to see how they do it. It has the potential to be quite innovative.