Embarkation Outfit....

maddox_mama

I wear the same thing every time - black and white knee-length dress, black tuxedo jacket and black heels. Also carry a large white purse with all of my documents, jewelry, Kindle etc. After ~20 cruises, I'm still positively giddy on embarkation day and like to dress up for it. I'm also set if my luggage hasn't been delivered prior to dinner. :)

In two weeks I am wearing a khaki skirt and a white crochet sweater top with brown sandals.

Usually I will wear capris or a skirt. This time, not even packing a pair of capris, since we are actually driving to the port instead of flying. I am bringing way more shoes and clothes than I usually do. LOL

Being from the Pittsburgh area, I often find I am traveling from cooler weather to warmer weather. That being said, I usually wear jeans ( skinny but comfortable), a nice top and a light (stylish) jacket. I wear ballet flats ( easy off, easy on). I don't like heels when schlepping through an airport, but might wear low cut, comfortable boots. The last time I went through the airport, I didn't have to take my shoes off at all, but sometimes I've been routed from the plane, over the Tarmac and through some rough terrains and heels just WILL NOT do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What do you usually wear on the first day? We are traveling in and staying at a hotel the night before. I know there are plenty of photo ops as you get on, but you are also (without FTTF) walking around for hours until your room is ready.

Capris and a top? Pants? Skirt?

What do you typically wear?

Paula

This next cruise I am going on in two week, I embarking unto the ship wearing a jersey light weight max skirt, a sequined cotton tank and flat metallic sandals and a black linen light weight. Blazer, I am carrying on a black sequened tote with my bathing suit, chiffon over up, platform flip flops and crushable floppy hat as well as a pair of shorts. If it gets hot I can leave the tank and put on the shorts and if my luggage is late the maxi skirt with the sequened tank and blazer will be dressy enough for dinner

I'm going on the Baltic cruise the next August and I'm a bit confused about the weather in the Northern Europe during this time.. What would you recommend as an embarkation outfit?

We did a Baltic cruise in August about 7 years ago. It was a great cruise - I'd love to go back.

But, to your question, we flew into Copenhagen the day before the cruise, and I wore capris and a short sleeve blouse as my embarkation outfit. It was quite warm/hot most of the time. I wore capris or light slacks for sightseeing. We were in the pool a few times, and the beach at Warnemunde was very busy. We didn't get rain, and the sea was as calm as a mill pond.

Enjoy your cruise. The Hermitage in St Petersburg was a highlight for me.

:)

I'm going on the Baltic cruise the next August and I'm a bit confused about the weather in the Northern Europe during this time.. What would you recommend as an embarkation outfit?

I cruised the Baltic in August 2005 and we had wonderful weather. I did not need a jacket in port except for the one day it drizzled (needed something at night on the ship). Daytime temperature was in the 70s for most of the cruise.

I wore slacks and a short sleeved blouse for embarkation. I had just bought my first pair of capris for that cruise and they were perfect for the weather we had.

I agree with the "depends on where the cruise is going";) ......

If I am going to Alaska? The attire will be totally different from

The Caribbean:D

When I sail the Caibbean? I usually wear a pair of crop/capris and a top.

I will normally bring a lightweight cardigan or warmup style jacket

(in a light cotton) and wear a pair of sandals.

If I am sailing to a cold climate (Alaska:))....I will wear long pants

and long sleeves and probably a pair of mules (with socks).

Everyone has their own way of doing things. I know some gals prefer

dresses and skirts. I like wearing them for dinner but for sail day?

I prefer the "pant route":)

Since we are leaving from Galveston and here in Texas we can switch from Summer to Winter within the same week - it was kind of a hard choice for me. We're going to Mexico, so I figured it wouldn't warm up much until the next day, too.

Our sail date is Jan 18th, so I was really happy when I found a very stylish Liz Active wear jacket and some of the dressiest black active wear pants I've ever seen, I'm wearing a gray tank top under the jacket, so if I get hot, I can just take off the jacket...thinking of wearing my new Nike's unless I can find some better flex wear shoes (I'm an ubër casual kind of gal).

My husband will more than likely wear his jeans and a T shirt & probably one of his Merrel or Keen shoes (so I'm basically saying we dress for comfort and we're also driving to the port the morning of, we're only an hour away). We don't plan on purchasing any photos, I'm one of those who take 20 pics and probably only like 1 of them :p

~dawn

The long skirts sound good with a tank. Thanks for the idea!

My sister and I always wear our bathing suits, sandals and fancy cover ups. (Only cruise in the summer). So we are ready to swim and sunbathe!

Happy Cruising!

~robin and brian

(summertime jersey shore beach bums)

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Norwegian Breakaway 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

I never know what to wear - we drive to port but I always end up feeling "yucky". Even giving ourselves tons of extra time -the rush to get the dogs to the sitter, all the luggage loaded, the excitement of the drive - unloading for the porters, driving to the parking and the shuttle to the terminal, then lines. By that time I just feel hot and flustered. I may try to look a little nicer this time - but for sure I'm carrying my new Kate Spade bag with the cruise ship on it! I've saved it since I bought it just for this cruise.

Oh I'm actually embarking tomorrow and changed my outfit, I'm wearing solid black skinny leg but dressy pants that are longer then capris but above ankle that are black but a brocade paisley texture to them, a cotton grey tank top with silver sequins, a denim button up collared shirt my Ralph Lauren black blazer over my shoulder but on if terminal is cold with AC and sliver ballet flats with pearls and sequins stuff on them .

I'm carrying a black victoria secret sequened tote and inside is a black bathing suit, a black and gray leopard print chiffon pashmina that as good over the blazer outfit around my neck or around my waste as a pool cover up, and a pair of silver sparkly flip flops

I also have a pair of black terry cloth shorts and a plain black tshirt in my bag so I could probably make it through the next day for sure if luggage came late

When I read the title of this thread a few minutes ago, I realized what I had planned was incomplete. I picked out the slacks, the shoes, the handbag, the coat (leaving from England in January). Wait a minute! I did not pick out a top!:o Oops, that would cause a stir. So first thing in the morning I need to search my cruise closet for the perfect top. Just put it on my ever expanding to-do list so I will not forget.

If I am sailing on a line that you have to wait for your cabin to be ready, I wear my bathing suit under my clothes and usually like a sundress and a sweater and dressy flip flops. But it's December and I'm not getting in the pool until we move to a warmer area then Florida and we are sailing on princess were all cabins are supposedly ready when you get on the ship. That said my carry on does have swimwear and my outfit can be modified (remove denim shirt and wear sparkly tank with the blazer for dinne if I have to and with my Terri shorts and tshirt lounging in room or a casual venue,, because luggage can take a few hours. I wish I was bold enough to really under pack, I'm just to indecisive. I like to also get a feel for the mood of the cruise. I don't think I overpacked, I have one xtra large tote bag that has all my clothes except for what I have in my carrying on, another carry on bag I'm actually checking with the majority of our sundries etc (I do have toothpastes tooth brush, sunscreen and deodorant in my pocketbook) a strong of Xmas lights to use as night light and make room festive, a power strip, a magnetic wreath for our door and several cans of soda for the fridge., as I like a brand not sold on ship (cherry come Zero ) we Aldo have one largo suitcase we are checking that Has ALL our christmsd presents And shoes. My daughters also a girl is checking a suitcase jad im sure shes brought a lot as shes 20 And fashion conscious.

I need to learn to be more of a minimalist but I did have one disaster weekend in NYC when we stayed at the marriot marquis and I tired to fashionably under pack and it was summer and hot and clothese got sweaty and I wound up having to buy clothes

I'm sure there is a balance. If you looks at "cruise capsule packing" on Pinterest you can see some nice combos

I did do one thing this trip, I did not take one single piece , other then one evening gown, that I can only wear once and not mix and match to a different outfit.

Here's a picture of what I have laid out to get dressed in in a couple of hours here and all my other clothes are in those two bags . The shirt looks dressy but it's and old navy cotton tank top and honestly can go from super causal to dinner with that leopard pashmina I have laid out. I am also using that as my sarong over my catching suit . I just picked up the pants on super sale yesterday from target, I love the brocade texture. I think this will look smart. I am also wearing big silver hoop earrings and ray ban sunglasses that are in between cats eyes and wayfarers ImageUploadedByForums1387700465.396380.jpg.38a5374f7fe2597ffcb927b31e4d2023.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

If I'm sailing from a port where the temperature is above 60 degrees, I always wear a pair of capris, sandals, a comfy top, and wear/carry a cotton jacket. If it's really warm or hot, then it's one of my chiffon tops with a tank underneath.

I cannot stand to wear tight clothing in hot weather, so my travel tops are almost all chiffon/flowy, and I take a variety of tanks/cami's for underneath.

Colder weather is long pants and closed shoes.