Solo on the Grandeur - Semi-live

Maureen,

Just found your review - it is wonderful! I wish I could write like you.

That was the most intriguing Caeser salad I have ever seen but it and the other food all looked good - Why do I always read these reviews when I'm hungry?.

Your Acts of Kindness was an amazing thing to do. I bet the people who got them were thrilled.

Did you have any trouble with getting your suitcases onto or off the train? That is what would make me think twice about taking Amtrak.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Maureen, enjoying your review! Your acts of kindness is an amazing thing to do. I hope the lucky recipients appreciate it, and pay it forward in some way. Keep having fun (I suspect that's a no-brainer,) and keep posting. Loving your pics:)

HI Maureen, is that Jeff Arpin the cruise director?

SO enjoying your review! love you sense of humor, and am really touched by your acts of kindness!

Yes, that's him - I matched his face to other pictures of him online.

What's your thoughts on him, Maureen? He's our CD (we're about right after you disembark Saturday!) so I'm curious if he's good or meh. Our last CD was firmly "meh" on Enchantment.

I had been waiting for your review and I just found it today and am in the midst of reading it right now. I stopped reading to post this before I forgot what I wanted to say:rolleyes:. I clicked on your name and that's how I found that you had already started your review on the Grandeur.

I sailed on Enchantment in 2010 and fought with the shower curtain too. Carnival bathrooms are so much better,even if you have an inside room, you are not dealing with the bathroom curtain. RCCL needs to get a clue from Carnival when it comes to the bathroom and their curtains.

Just so you know we have had two snow storms while you are away....:eek:

Edited by Stella777

I too am thoroughly enjoying reading your review! We'll be on the Grandeur this summer to Bermuda! Any tips on controlling the shower curtain?! I seem to have read some time ago about adding weights/magnets to the bottom? Can't remember!

Somone suggested to me to go to the dollar store and get some plastic clothes hanger clips and attach them to the shower curtain. I plan on doing that for my next cruise.

HI Maureen, is that Jeff Arpin the cruise director?

SO enjoying your review! love you sense of humor, and am really touched by your acts of kindness!

Is that Jeff Arpin?? I didn't think he was with RCI any longer!! He was the CD on a cruise back in '99 and thought he was absolutely fantastic. The guy is a real comedian--we loved him!!!! I would book a cruise just to sail with him again:D

Is that Jeff Arpin?? I didn't think he was with RCI any longer!! He was the CD on a cruise back in '99 and thought he was absolutely fantastic. The guy is a real comedian--we loved him!!!! I would book a cruise just to sail with him again:D

Thank you for the positive feedback ... there seems to be a revolving door on the CD staffing schedule on the Grandeur. Glad it looks like we're getting a really good one for our cruise in a few days.

I tried the clothspin trick for the shower curtain when I was on the Grandeur in Nov. it helped a little but I still felt like I needed to practically stand against the wall to avoid it.

Two of these in the 2" size worked perfectly. They're heavier that clothespins.

2WFX3_AS01?$lgthumb$

The sailaway party was moved indoors. Look at the lady with the big Oasis sweatshirt!

This couple sure could dance! They wore matching outfits every day and knew every dance, including the newer ones, the Cupid Shuffle, the Wobble! I think I might have cruised with them before.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv54%3A4%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E27%3A%3C2%3B46%3B7257ot1lsi

I bet somebody out there knows their names. After some of the dances, he throws her over his shoulder and carries her off the floor! :eek:

There must be a number of these couples since I saw one that was always dressed to match casually during the day and coordinated in formal wear everynight of the cruise. They LOVED to dance and loved even more that everyone watched them since they looked for a venue with music but no one else dancing. Thought maybe it was the couple I saw, especially when it was said he throws her over his shoulder, but this couple is much older.

Gettin' downnnnnnn.

358f8226.jpg

Grande fanale.

2571d217.jpg

I had been waiting for your review and I just found it today and am in the midst of reading it right now. I stopped reading to post this before I forgot what I wanted to say:rolleyes:. I clicked on your name and that's how I found that you had already started your review on the Grandeur.

I sailed on Enchantment in 2010 and fought with the shower curtain too. Carnival bathrooms are so much better,even if you have an inside room, you are not dealing with the bathroom curtain. RCCL needs to get a clue from Carnival when it comes to the bathroom and their curtains.

Just so you know we have had two snow storms while you are away....:eek:

No problem with shower curtains on any ship bigger than the vision class, which is most of the fleet.

Maureen, are you OK out there?? No posts for a few days so I hope it is from too much cheer and good times, and not from being under the weather. I guess the thread is advertised as a "semi-live" from the Grandeur. :)

Andrew

Edited by A&L_Ont

I am SO looking forward to your semi live posts. We are taking the same cruise in 105 days. 1st time sailing out of Baltimore in the winter. Really confused as to how to pack for the weather. Any light you can shed on that should be great!:confused:

I am SO looking forward to your semi live posts. We are taking the same cruise in 105 days. 1st time sailing out of Baltimore in the winter. Really confused as to how to pack for the weather. Any light you can shed on that should be great!:confused:

I can help here. Plan on warm weather at your destinations. Summer clothes.

As for Baltimore in March, expect the unexpected. Could be nice spring weather, 70's, or snow.

I'd wear jeans (long pants) and a jacket, maybe one with the removable liner.

The next day at sea you 'should' start feeling a bit of a warmup.

Hope I've helped. You should also check on the weather as it gets closer to your cruise.

Happy sails! ;)

We've cruised out of Baltimore in March and will again in 90-something days. I wear jeans and a jacket to the port. As for onboard, even when it's cool outside, I pack for warmer weather and wear capris the first sea day and then summer clothes until our last sea day. I don't really pack "winter" clothes. The only winter clothes are the ones I wear to board. Our experience has been that it's usually pretty windy the first sea day anyway and most of the time the outer decks are closed or too cold so we just stay inside.

Edited by BND

Personally speaking, I am thinking that you are experiencing Internet problems or you would have posted to us long ago so I will just wait patiently for that and not get upset that I haven't heard from you in awhile. You will post when you can and that I am am sure of. You will post when you get back to your home town and that is a guarantee:D. So be it. I am positive that you will explain to us why you couldn't post to us before because you posted constantly on your last cruise on the Allure

We've cruised out of Baltimore in March and will again in 90-something days. I wear jeans and a jacket to the port. As for onboard, even when it's cool outside, I pack for warmer weather and wear capris the first sea day and then summer clothes until our last sea day. I don't really pack "winter" clothes. The only winter clothes are the ones I wear to board. Our experience has been that it's usually pretty windy the first sea day anyway and most of the time the outer decks are closed or too cold so we just stay inside.

Totally understand what you are talking about as I to only wear the winter stuff that I have on and pack summer stuff for later when I am in the western Caribbean in March 2014. This time I booked an oceanview instead of a balcony since I can not use the Balcony most of the time since the Cruise is in March. Not a problem at all for me.

Edited by Stella777

Personally speaking, I am thinking that you are experiencing Internet problems or you would have posted to us long ago so I will just wait patiently for that and not get upset that I haven't heard from you in awhile. You will post when you can and that I am am sure of. You will post when you get back to your home town and that is a guarantee:D. So be it. I am positive that you will explain to us why you couldn't post to us before because you posted constantly on your last cruise on the Allure

Well, Grandeur is now in the Bay so we might see posts from phones. Cell service is a bit intermittent in some areas, but it is there. We always use our phones as long as we are in the bay so we may see some posts soon.