What is your favorite thing to do onboard?

NOTHING!

Absolutely nothing!

Well, I will admit to liking the idea of grabbing a slice or two of pizza in the buffet before I turn in, but alas, I could not do that on our most recent sailing (JOTS). The Windjammer was closed at 9pm! Looks like it's back to Celebrity for us.

Edited by jt1120

I love these threads cuz it gives me the chance to tell a few of the millions of reason I love to cruise...like:

Trying to figure out how many colors of blue the water is at every port.

Smelling the sea and hearing the gulls as we sailaway.

Comparing sunsets....day after day after day.

Loving the feel of the fizz from my drink on my nose in Bolero's.

Trying to take a picture of "EVERY" work of art...I almost did it on Freedom!

Sitting on the balcony with DH, a drink in our hands, gazing at each other and saying simultaneously..."It doesn't get any better than this!":D;)

View My Video

Edited by BecciBoo

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

I still hate my job!

Sorry to hijack my own thread but Cindy and I are old friends!:D. So, get another job! Life is too short! Does Russ still work for the DOD? He may even know my son!

Anyway! I love all of these answers!:D. We are a breed of our own, aren't we?!:D

Tara

* Sunning on deck after a long Maine winter.

* Listening to music of every kind offered.

* Having early coffee to watch the sunrise.

* Anticipating the port experiences, reading up on ports.

* Dining whenever. Having wine or a rum punch whenever.

* Going to karaoke with my sister and daughter.

• Enjoying that first lunch on embarkation day in the Windjammer
  • Sitting at Cafe Promenade munching on shrimp salad sammiches and coconut cookies while people watching
  • Sidling up to the Schooner Bar and getting my daily foo-foo drink
  • Reading my Kindle on my ginormous aft corner balcony in 7388 or 7688
  • Taking a walk around the ship just before sunrise and seeing the ship slowly come back to life
  • Standing next to the railing at sailaway and letting the excitement of the cruise beginning fill me up with joy
  • Getting that hot stone massage!

I love . . .

On a sea day, after being out all morning/early afternoon, going back to the cabin and taking a quick shower. Open the balcony door. Turn on the TV to the channel showing the ship's progress (plays classical music) - volume pretty low - laying on that comfortable bed and cold, crisp sheets. And dozing off into a wonderful, blissful nap.

Ahhhhhhh.

On my last cruise (Oasis), I LOVED getting up early, grabbing my Starbucks and watching the sunrise from the Solarium! It was so peaceful up there (especially in the morning) and I would have one of the huge comfy chairs all to myself :D

Other things were:

Sitting in the rocking chairs at the back of the ship on Deck 5 (jogging track) and watching the wake/reading a good book.

People watching EVERYWHERE!

Sunning at the "beach pool." You can sit in the shallow water to keep cool and still ready your book.

Drinks at the Rising Tide bar :D

I like...

Tasting the big variety of food on board.

Walking in the Royal Promenade/Boardwalk.

Sunbathing and swimming.

Climbing in the rock wall.

Making friends.

Taking pics.

Waking up every morning in a different city or country.

:D:D:D:D

• 3 weeks later...
I don't have a single favorite, but I remember from my last Allure review that you are going on her soon. I had some favorites that apply specifically to that ship.

1. The Famous Roast beef sandwich as a hold over before a late dining time, they serve them up till around 5pm. Breakfast eaten here in the outdoor area on a nice morning.

2. Breakfast at Johnny Rocket's also sitting outside.

3. Walking the upper deck for the view on and off the ship.

4. Candy Beach

I am new to RCI, I have only travelled on Carnival so far. Where can I get this "famous roast beef sandwich"? Also, what is candy beach?

I am new to RCI, I have only travelled on Carnival so far. Where can I get this "famous roast beef sandwich"? Also, what is candy beach?

The famous roast beef sandwich is served in a venue called Park Cafe. This is currently on all Oasis and Vision class ships, and all Radiance class ships except Jewel.

The famous roast beef sandwich is served in a venue called Park Cafe. This is currently on all Oasis and Vision class ships, and all Radiance class ships except Jewel.

This is our favorite place to eat on Embarkation day. We do like to go there other times too. :)

Playing my cruise playlist on balcony as. I watch the waves go by.

Playing board games, cards, etc with my youngest ds on balcony or. someplace on ship..

Napping on a deck enjoying sun

Those are my favorites.:)

On the Rhapsody, my favourite things were:

1. Sleeping in, in my inside cabin

2. Doing a few laps of the top deck and enjoying fresh air and gorgeous views of the sea

3. Taking a dip in the Solarium pool and then relaxing on the lounges and reading a really good book all afternoon.

4. Dinner in the Edelweiss - excellent food and wonderful waiters

5. Watching the amazing aerial performances in the Centrum

A window seat in the windjammer sure is pleasant, and an outdoor table in Central Park at the Park Cafe, eating a roast beef sandwich!

It is so pleasant watching my daughter go round and round on the carousel in the cool breeze in the evenings.