Elite Plus benefits question

thmpsn

It actually states in black and white on Celebrity's web site that in the list of perks for Elite Plus "complimentary cappuccino, latte and espresso". I simply don't understand when someone wants anything else other than those three items and they get irritated when they cannot get it free. As soon as someone gets some other coffee drink for free, it will be posted here on Cruise Critic and then everyone will be demanding the same drink for free. Right?

We are elite plus and are very grateful for any perks that we get.

Karon

Personally if I reach Elite Plus I will be very disappointed that Celebrity has selected only coffee drinkers to give an extra ..and very nice perk to!! A specialty tea bag costs less and only needs to be dropped into a pot of hot water. I think they need to take another look at this perk

Since I don't need extra laundry or internet minutes ( happy just to be able to get enough to print a boarding pass and have a quick peek at email every couple of days. So basically there is no incentive at all. I am very grateful for my Elite perks and I expect to get bombed for my opinion. Americans drink coffee but only 53% daily . 51% drink tea daily.

Why are coupons still used? Why not just have it encoded on your SeaPass like RCI does it? Your card has your status Elite +, so when your card is passed through the reader you should not be charged for that free-bee.

Hi Oxo,

At some point in the coming months, I expect Celebrity's coupon sheet to disappear, and the perks moved to your SeaPass card. It's coming, but more a question of when.

Just got off Reflection. ............., I went down to Café al Bacio the first morning to check it out and ordered a double cappuccino and asked him to "hold the milk." They were confused at first, but rang it up as a Loyalty Coffee, and I wasn't charged for it.

Now I am also confused. If you order cappuccino and tell them to "hold the milk" then you are not ordering cappuccino but rather a simple double espresso. Where am I going wrong?

Hank

Hi Oxo,

At some point in the coming months, I expect Celebrity's coupon sheet to disappear, and the perks moved to your SeaPass card. It's coming, but more a question of when.

Thanks for the heads up!

Personally if I reach Elite Plus I will be very disappointed that Celebrity has selected only coffee drinkers to give an extra ..and very nice perk to!! A specialty tea bag costs less and only needs to be dropped into a pot of hot water. I think they need to take another look at this perk

Since I don't need extra laundry or internet minutes ( happy just to be able to get enough to print a boarding pass and have a quick peek at email every couple of days. So basically there is no incentive at all. I am very grateful for my Elite perks and I expect to get bombed for my opinion. Americans drink coffee but only 53% daily . 51% drink tea daily.

I am also confused. Are you making the point that coffee is free at the Cafe, but tea is not? I thought it was only the drinks mentioned previously which does not include coffee.

Also there is free coffee and tea available almost everywhere else on the cruise ship.

Edited by jagoffee

Now I am also confused. If you order cappuccino and tell them to "hold the milk" then you are not ordering cappuccino but rather a simple double espresso. Where am I going wrong?

Hank

You are not going wrong -- It's a joke! :)

My wife always orders a Ruben sandwich and tells them to hold the cheese. Technically, it's not a Ruben, just a corned beef sandwich with some kraut & Thousand Island dressing. ;)

I'm also a bit confused:confused:

Is the free coffee for once or for your total cruise?

Is the free Gelato for once or for your total cruise?

Could someone who has already sailed as an Elite Plus clear this up for me.

Thanks.:)

I'm also a bit confused:confused:

Is the free coffee for once or for your total cruise?

Is the free Gelato for once or for your total cruise?

Could someone who has already sailed as an Elite Plus clear this up for me.

Thanks.:)

I just got off Reflection (7-14 Dec cruise). Our Captain's Club Hostess (Ti-Ann) told us it was unlimited Cappuccinos, Lattes, and Espressos for the entire cruise. I did have one coupon for the free coffee, so I thought that was it, just one per person.

Haven't tried out the gelato yet. There was just one coupon. Maybe it was unlimited like the coffee, or maybe it was just one for the cruise. Maybe someone who's tried it can tell us.

Since this is a new program, maybe it's been implemented differently on the other ships.

On our cruise last week it was 1 free coffee and 1 free scoop gelato per person for the week. We had 1 coupon for each in our stateroom upon arrival.

Yes, there was only one coupon for the specialty coffees but you didn't use that coupon as all that was necessary was to show your ship's card anytime you wanted these if you were Elite+ or higher.:rolleyes:

Edited by robtulipe

Yes, there was only one coupon for the specialty coffees but you didn't use that coupon as all that was necessary was to show your ship's card anytime you wanted these if you were Elite+ or higher.:rolleyes:

That's not what I was advised but the inconsistency throughout onboard doesn't surprise me.

I'm just stating my experience...I really couldn't care less about free gelato or coffee...I'm happy with the internet and the laundry.

I am also confused. Are you making the point that coffee is free at the Cafe, but tea is not? I thought it was only the drinks mentioned previously which does not include coffee.

Also there is free coffee and tea available almost everywhere else on the cruise ship.

my point is that Celebrity is offering only coffee based specialty drinks to Elite plus. They have nothing to offer to tea drinkers... unless you want to pay. If they offer 2 specialty coffees why not offer 2 teas as well. It is not one cup for the cruise , it is everyday

Yes there is free coffee and tea all over the ship. It is like comparing cheap wine with good stuff. It is not the same drink.

my point is that Celebrity is offering only coffee based specialty drinks to Elite plus. They have nothing to offer to tea drinkers... unless you want to pay. If they offer 2 specialty coffees why not offer 2 teas as well. It is not one cup for the cruise , it is everyday

Yes there is free coffee and tea all over the ship. It is like comparing cheap wine with good stuff. It is not the same drink.

I'm not a coffee or tea drinker, so would they then have to offer me something. Where does it stop?

Yes, but where does it end? It seems to me that this is just an extension to what they offer to Suite pax. They get free unlimited espresso, cappuccino, and lattes. There are not a whole lot of Elite Plus pax on board, so this makes sense to me.

How about if you don't drink coffee or tea? Should those folks get free sodas?

Personally, I would ditch the coffee stuff if they were to offer unlimited pressing. All my clothes need pressing, especially after a long TA flight or the end of that 30 piece free wash/dry/fold. :eek:

I'm not a coffee or tea drinker, so would they then have to offer me something. Where does it stop?

Hi NLH Arizona,

I totally agree. I'm not a coffee or tea drinker either, but I'm perfectly fine with Celebrity's new offerings. With all due respect to those who are less than pleased, I think some folks lose sight of the fact that it's a loyalty benefit. Celebrity is not obligated to offer any of the old & new benefits.

I hope you will join me in thanking Celebrity for the new benefits, as they must be a significant expenditure... as well as their graciousness, and appreciation of our loyalty.

Hi NLH Arizona,

I totally agree. I'm not a coffee or tea drinker either, but I'm perfectly fine with Celebrity's new offerings. With all due respect to those who are less than pleased, I think some folks lose sight of the fact that it's a loyalty benefit. Celebrity is not obligated to offer any of the old & new benefits.

I hope you will join me in thanking Celebrity for the new benefits, as they must be a significant expenditure... as well as their graciousness, and appreciation of our loyalty.

Now you are being too logical! LOL.

It is kind of like giving someone an inch and they want a foot. People need to understand that Celebrity really doesn't have to give us anything except an exceptional cruising experience.

I have personally (via email and phone) let Celebrity know how much I appreciate the new program and their generosity with regard to the new tiers and the perks related to them. I would hope that others that feel the same would let Celebrity know as well.

Lets keep some other things in mind. Elite and above currently can have free espresso, cappuccino, etc. at the daily Elite continental breakfasts. And anyone with the Classic Drink Package (a relatively common booking amenity) also gets regular coffee, tea, espresso, cappuccino, etc. in any venue as part of their package. We will be Elite Plus for our next cruise, and figure the only useful extra benefits will be the unlimited free laundry and extra internet minutes. That being said, we also salute Celebrity for giving us the best benefits package we have on any cruise line (and we are in very high categories on several other lines).

Hank

• 3 months later...
What is the discount for Specialty dine. for Elite Plus ? Can it be combined with 3 night pkg ?

Hi, I had Elite + coupons last month and the discount for Specialty

Dining was 15%. I have no idea if it can be combined. You would have

to ask once on board the ship.

Lets keep some other things in mind. Elite and above currently can have free espresso, cappuccino, etc. at the daily Elite continental breakfasts. And anyone with the Classic Drink Package (a relatively common booking amenity) also gets regular coffee, tea, espresso, cappuccino, etc. in any venue as part of their package. We will be Elite Plus for our next cruise, and figure the only useful extra benefits will be the unlimited free laundry and extra internet minutes. That being said, we also salute Celebrity for giving us the best benefits package we have on any cruise line (and we are in very high categories on several other lines).

Hank

AMEN! AMEN!! AMEN!!! From another Elite Plus Member!

I was on the Summit March 1 - 8 and got specialty tea free at Cafe al Bachio twice with my Elite plus card. Also got free delicious cake that I hadn't seen anywhere else on the ship. We were told tea was included by the hostess who was visiting each morning in the Elite breakfast. I did have a problem the second time when it was charged, but I got it reversed at the main desk.

Hi NLH Arizona,

Agreed...but celebrity really needs to have some modicum of consistency on their ships. On our recent infinity cruise, we were told that any drink in cafe b'accio was included....coffee drinks with a shot of flavor,tea, etc. We never used the one coupon...just gave them our room card in blu or anywhere else.

If tea is covered, celebrity just needs to say it is...and if it isn't, then tell the good folks on the ships that it isn't.

On the other hand, we did have to use our one coupon for the one free gelato. Again, no consistency.

Does elite plus really get 10% off on a drink package? If so, do they get 10% off for the upgrade from classic (1-2-3) and premium package...and if so, does the ship (or HQ) know that?