Britannia new interior video - How does she compare with the Royal?

need2cruisesoon

Thanks for that info Andrew. I'm trying PO UK out for the first time in February on the Arcadia, little 2 nighter from Sydney to Melbourne. Do you know when the itineraries will be out for this ship?

In past years the main release has always been about March/April the previous year so if it is the same expect to see them around March next year. P&O UK do however have a new top management structure, largely headed by a Marketing Director, so it could of course change!

As she arrives spring 2015, expect to see a mix of mediterranean, Canary Island and Northern Europe (Scandanavia/Baltic) itineraries. It will then be interesting to see where she is based for her first Winter season.

I like Arcadia and she will be nice & fresh for you as she has only just had a major refit.

Edited by Britboys
typo/addition

In past years the main release has always been about March/April the previous year so if it is the same expect to see them around March next year. P&O UK do however have a new top management structure, largely headed by a Marketing Director, so it could of course change!

As she arrives spring 2015, expect to see a mix of mediterranean, Canary Island and Northern Europe (Scandanavia/Baltic) itineraries. It will then be interesting to see where she is based for her first Winter season.

I like Arcadia and she will be nice & fresh for you as she has only just had a major refit.

Thanks for update. I look forward to see the itineraries and how much they going to charge?

OK some more inside shots of the restaurants, spa and gorgeous atrium. I am really digging the design and color/furniture theme.

I think I want to sail her in '15, what a swanky way to sail.

Thanks for the new renderings! The more I see the more I like, and overall I probably prefer her decor over RP. Of course I won't know for certain until I see her in person. I'm also curious if the interior layout will change at all from RP, or just the lounge decor? Also will there will midship passenger stairs?

Thanks for the new renderings! The more I see the more I like, and overall I probably prefer her decor over RP. Of course I won't know for certain until I see her in person. I'm also curious if the interior layout will change at all from RP, or just the lounge decor? Also will there will midship passenger stairs?

Lot will ride on the layout of the ship. Decor of a ship can only sell you so much. Princess really cashed in a lot on "Royal" hype. Cruisers will not be so-sucked in a second time.

I'm finding this thread very interesting. As a princess fan, I'm trying out the P&O version of the grand class for the first time in January.

To my mind the ship looks modern and fresher than the look of the princess ship and the new Britannia looks like a good evolution of the royal princess (which in itself seemed good step up for princess interior design skills).

I'm am reserving judgement if this will get me to change lines on a longer term basis; there's more to a cruise than nice decor and everything I've read leads me to believe princess normally has the edge in food and service. However, least my 2 weeks in the Caribbean is already showing in my princess history. Next stop, elite! :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for update. I look forward to see the itineraries and how much they going to charge?

In the past Sarah, a new P&O ship has always been priced a bit higher than her older sisters - but again, with a new marketing manager, things may well change.

• 4 weeks later...
Any idea if they are working on the aft soot problem for this ship before it is put into service?

I imagine because of the lack of a MUTS screen and the different configuration of funnels (number and sizes) the airflow will be considerably different than from the Royal/Regal Princess, hence they can't take the data already compiled from Royal Princess and try and 'fix' an assumed problem on Britannia.

I imagine because of the lack of a MUTS screen and the different configuration of funnels (number and sizes) the airflow will be considerably different than from the Royal/Regal Princess, hence they can't take the data already compiled from Royal Princess and try and 'fix' an assumed problem on Britannia.

If I remember correctly, one of the problems with the Royal is that the engines are putting out too many soot particles, no matter where they fall, and that the engine manufaturers are supposed to be working on that issue. I assume the P&O ship has the same type engines with the same problem.

If I remember correctly, one of the problems with the Royal is that the engines are putting out too many soot particles, no matter where they fall, and that the engine manufaturers are supposed to be working on that issue. I assume the P&O ship has the same type engines with the same problem.

I had only read comments regarding the MUTS screen and the wind tunnel tests. It is odd that these new engines are prone to creating so much soot.

• 3 weeks later...
I've never cruised P&O. Is it a step up from Princess? What have your experiences been like on P&O? Just curious... :D

Haven't sailed p&o so I'm just starting my research too. We want a Spain itinerary for 2015 and Britannia has a couple of nice ones over our preferred dates. Spain is not an area that Princess seems to focus on but I live in hope Princess will step out of their Med box one of these years ;)

Haven't sailed p&o so I'm just starting my research too. We want a Spain itinerary for 2015 and Britannia has a couple of nice ones over our preferred dates. Spain is not an area that Princess seems to focus on but I live in hope Princess will step out of their Med box one of these years ;)

I had also read that Anthem of the Seas will have quite a few nice itineraries from Southampton next year:

"The ship will mark its inaugural Europe season with 19 cruises to the Spanish, French and Italian rivieras, and the Canary Islands on three- to 16-night itineraries, and then reposition in late-October 2015 to Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. and sail five-night short Caribbean, six-night Western Caribbean and eight-night Eastern Caribbean itineraries through April 2016 for its first winter season."

Source: Cruise Industry News

I had also read that Anthem of the Seas will have quite a few nice itineraries from Southampton next year:

"The ship will mark its inaugural Europe season with 19 cruises to the Spanish, French and Italian rivieras, and the Canary Islands on three- to 16-night itineraries, and then reposition in late-October 2015 to Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. and sail five-night short Caribbean, six-night Western Caribbean and eight-night Eastern Caribbean itineraries through April 2016 for its first winter season."

Source: Cruise Industry News

Yeah, we looked at her itineraries. The one we really like is in July. Way too hot for southern Spain IMO plus the air in July would be a killer. Adventure if the Seas is doing a 16 day one that we like in September, I just need to see the US pricing, I've only been able to find £