Britannia new interior video - How does she compare with the Royal?

need2cruisesoon

Check this video out of some inside schematics of the interior of the ship. P&O is sparing no expense in decorating/design of this fabulous build. There is even a sneak peek at the Atrium.

To those who have recently sailed the Royal tell me if this bigger sister has outdone herself and the Royal?

http://cruisemiss.com/2013/12/17/po-cruises-britannia-behind-the-design/

britanniaTopImage-1.jpg

Check this video out of some inside schematics of the interior of the ship. P&O is sparing no expense in decorating/design of this fabulous build. There is even a sneak peek at the Atrium.

To those who have recently sailed the Royal tell me if this bigger sister has outdone herself and the Royal?

http://cruisemiss.com/2013/12/17/po-cruises-britannia-behind-the-design/

britanniaTopImage-1.jpg

Design video looks interesting. I kind of like the lighter colors. I noted the Spa area looked similar to the Royal's Enclave.....:):):)

Bob

Nice clip. I think Britannia is going to be an exciting new ship for P & O. I like the rederings of the atrium. The lower level looks more inviting and cozy than does the hard marble floor of the Royal Princess atrium and the colors are very nice. Pretty ship.

I really like what I see with BRITANNIA, and as much as I liked RP I think BRITANNIA will be the more smartly designed ship. RP is a tad on the glitzy side, and BRITANNIA appears more understated but in a very stylish way. Nothing dowdy about this ship!

Also it appears that BRITANNIA will have two full size pools midship, and a forward facing observation lounge. Two huge pluses in my book! I also prefer the cabin decor of BRITANNIA although RP's is very nice as well. What will likely be missing on BRITANNIA which is a great asset on RP is the atrium really becoming "entertainment central". The atrium on RP is very much like a mini-Royal Promenade like Royal Caribbean has on their ships. Always the center of activity. I think on BRITANNIA the atrium will be a more subdued space and not necessarily a place for performances and dancing like on RP.

Generally the Brits are very fun to sail with, and I do so often on Cunard. P&O is a different market (more mass-market), but I think I would like to try BRITANNIA based on how much I enjoyed RP.

Ernie

Some renderings of BRITANNIA. For those that don't know, basically a sister ship to ROYAL PRINCESS but with a completely different interior design.

Pool Deck

11457976625_0e9081c97f_o.jpg

Restaurant

11458086726_9493590f55_o.jpg

Atrium

11458148863_610a23a145_o.jpg

Cabin

11458022714_c0f2aff1bc_o.jpg

Cabin Corridor

11457981255_bf2009eff2_o.jpg

I really like the decor based on the photos of Britannia. It looks more fresh, crisp and modern compared to the Royal Princess which has that glitzy gold look (based on the pictures I have seen).

What are the key differences between the Britannia and Royal?

I really like the decor based on the photos of Britannia. It looks more fresh, crisp and modern compared to the Royal Princess which has that glitzy gold look (based on the pictures I have seen).

Besides the overall decor, we don't know yet. Deck plans for BRITANNIA haven't been released yet.

I expect the general layout to be very similar to ROYAL PRINCESS. The basic ship design is the same, just like with the Grand Class of Princess and AZURA and VENTURA which operate for P&O. Same basic ships, but different decor.

Carnival Corp. likes to get its monies worth out of a ship design, and usual one platform is spread across multiple brands. I guess that is why some call Carnival Corp. the General Motors of the cruise industry.

Ernie

No crazy Seawalk and and more pools.

maxresdefault.jpg

I might have to start sailing on P & O.....:):):)

Bob

I'm doing a little two day sample on the Arcadia when she down in Oz. But if some of her ships are like the Grand Class I might try PO UK plus you still get 1 Princess credit and your days count I believe.

HEY!!! I looked really closely at all the photos and at the video. For the life of me I couldn't see any soot. But then again, I didn't see any MUTS either.

What do you think is better, Princess with MUTS and SOOT or P&O without either? Perhaps we should do a survey and see the results.

Then again, perhaps P&O did the wind tests Princess forgot to do. Just food for thought.:eek:

No crazy Seawalk and and more pools.

maxresdefault.jpg

Do you think one of the designers at Princess had a vacation in Vegas just before they designed the Royal, the stupid fourain idea came from the Bellagio and the skywalk from the thing they built over the Grand Canyon.

With regards to the balconies, as P&O have specified 'completely flat' there is no 'bump in' under where the seawalk and sea view bars are. This mean all the balconies on each side are the same size, no slightly bigger ones at all on the sides.

I believe that's actually the eagerly awaited, much anticipated aft pool.

Yes I think you are right, but judging by the padded loungers I'm still thinking it may be adults only. We shall see. In any case the aft decks appear to be a nice upgrade over RP. I love a few tired aft decks with a pool, and this design accomplishes that nicely. Mind you the "pool" looks to be more of a jacuzzi on steroids but it's better than what currently exists on RP which is nothing.

11466182263_7d030dba65_o.jpg

Ernie

I'm wondering if the higher end suites will be designed somewhat differently and will have more space.....:):):)

Bob

Based on the changes P&O made to their versions of the Princess Grand Class, I would say no. The cabins and layouts are identical to Princess. Of course anything is possible.

What I'm sure we will see on BRITANNIA are dedicated single cabins. These are popular on P&O and they are even adding them to existing ships during refits.

Hopefully the deck plan for BRITANNIA will be available soon, and that of course will answer many questions.

Ernie