Britannia new interior video - How does she compare with the Royal?

need2cruisesoon

Yeah, we looked at her itineraries. The one we really like is in July. Way too hot for southern Spain IMO plus the air in July would be a killer. Adventure if the Seas is doing a 16 day one that we like in September, I just need to see the US pricing, I've only been able to find £

Researching a cruise is always fun, and it sounds like you're enjoying the process. I'm sure which ever ship you pick you'll have a great time! I'm still stuck on 'local' cruises, which basically means no international airfare for me.

Just watched the video of this new ship and I like what I see because I personally prefer less glitzy.Glitzy reminds me of Las Vegas one can only take for a few days but not live with it that is RP from the videos and pictures I have seen.Not my cup of tea..but then i was born in UK.Everyone to their own though.

Researching a cruise is always fun, and it sounds like you're enjoying the process. I'm sure which ever ship you pick you'll have a great time! I'm still stuck on 'local' cruises, which basically means no international airfare for me.

Thanks Dave. At least there are some new ships coming stateside for you to try.

THis new ships interior I really like its decor is more subdued than the videos and pictures I have seen of Royal Princess.The Royal Princess is more Like a Las Vegas Hotel glitzy a bit over the top for me anyway.Also prefer the state rooms

on The Britanica.

Sorry folks, the uber modern decor does not get it for me. I just seem to enjoy the more classic color palates, shapes, materials. This is like watching HGTV all day and night.

Call me old(57), but I will pass. Those that like it, enjoy!!!

Does P&O charge Americans in British Pounds or Dollars? Do you really have to embark their ships for a Caribbean cruise in Barbados? The cost of airfare and the Pound would make the cruise very expensive.

P&O charge in £s and they do base their ships in the Caribbean for the winter usually going out of Barbados. It makes more sense to go out of Barbados since the target passengers are generally British. P&O are very much more sedate than Princess so anyone who likes the more glitzy Princess product may find P&O too quiet.

Looking at the cabin types, it appears that Britannia breaks down their cabin types as:

Suite with Bath/Shower

Superior Deluxe Balcony with Bath/Shower (Princess Mini-Suite)

Balcony with Shower and Sofa (Princess Deluxe Balcony)

Balcony with Shower (without Sofa) (Princess Balcony)

Balcony (Obstructed View) with Shower and Sofa (Princess Deluxe Balcony)

Balcony (Obstructed View) with Shower (without Sofa) (Princess Balcony)

Larger Inside with Shower (Princess "Sideways" Inside)

Inside with Shower (Princess Inside)

Single Balcony with Shower

Single Inside with Shower

In addition to the 8 forward suites and 14 aft suites, it appears that Britannia will have 40 Riviera deck suites rather than the 14 on the Royal/Regal. The deckplans don't show a Riviera deck Concierge Lounge for suite passengers.

On another note, the deckplans do not show a midship stairway :eek:

The only deckplans available at this time are passenger decks (equivalent of Emerald through Marina decks. There are no public area deckplans yet.

Britannia_deckplans_2015-16-1.pdf

Restaurant

11458091696_aeffbbc03a_o.jpg

Cabin

11457982985_88f7d9d0d7_o.jpg

Pool Deck

11458025984_be51761f04_o.jpg

Atrium

11458026804_19f43db1c5_o.jpg

Atrium

11458027414_d51ac8e633_o.jpg

The restaurant looks almost identical to Crown Grill on Royal (from what I remember).

The corridors/rooms/atrium looks a little smarter than the Royal, but both are beautiful in their own ways.

She was floated out today...

THANKS for the pictures!!! Technically, only the dry dock will be flooded today and the ship will be checked/sounded for any 'leaks'. The actually removal of the hull from the dry dock to the outfitting pier should be tomorrow.

:D

Try the P&O site http://www.pocruises.com/

the cruises go on sale 27th March but you can register interest which in P&O's mind means booking a guaranteed cabin at today's price.

I had a look there, but didn't see any pricing, dates or intineraries. It does not show anything for me.

Edited by icat2000

I love the look of Britannia :). We are sailing on the Regal Princess this summer in the Med, it will be interesting to compare. We sailed on the Sea Princess out of Jamaica a few years ago (2010) on a Caribbean cruise. From our point of view, we saved the two days at sea before we did our relatively port intensive cruise, and therefore visited more places in our 14 day cruise (11 ports). It all depends why you cruise - floating hotel to visit different locations, relaxing days at sea, each to their own. We sailed out of Miami last year on Celebrity Eclipse on a Caribbean cruise (14 days, ~8 ports) and so have experienced both types of cruising. At that time, Celebrity offered a more interesting itinery than P&O. I am not sure if paying in pounds on board P&O will differ much overall than paying in dollars as on most other cruise ships. At the end of the day, itinery is our deciding factor and then ship etc are secondary factors. I must say though that for 3rd person in our cabin, Princess are only charging £299 whereas other cruise lines (Celebrity, P&O, Cunard) all charged full fare for the 3rd person - a big deciding factor in going with Princess!! :).