Anybody Booking Explorer from Port Canaveral?

kruzerci

We just booked a 5 night on Explorer from Port Canaveral while on Oasis yesterday. I actually had forgotten she was sailing from there next year.

The hope is to make it a B2B. The 9 night looks really great and it's perfect to have a 5 night option from Port Canaveral.

My only hesitation is that it won't have been refurbished yet, thus no DL and outdated staterooms.

Anybody else booking these Explorer cruises? I haven't seen much talk about it.

Has anybody else booked it?

Yes, we've booked one of the 9 day cruises to the ABC islands. Check out the Explorer roll calls, there's much interest in these new itineraries from Port Canaveral.

I booked a Quantum cruise with the ABC islands! Can't wait. Best of three worlds: nearby embarkation port, new ports, new ship!

:)

I'm hoping to get booked for explorer out of Port Canaveral next December. I really like the 5 day Bahamas itinerary. Grand Bahama island, CocoCay and Nassau. Once I know for sure when my other half is graduating I'll be booking it.

And I love the fact that a third ship is being called to port canaveral. I am not opposed to extended itineraries and southern Caribbean options from port canaveral.

We would like to do one of the 5 night sailings in Jan or Feb 2015 but we are waiting to see if prices come down.

We like the price of the 11/29/14 and 12/18/14 sailings and are hoping the 2015 prices come down like those did.:rolleyes::)

Yes, we've booked one of the 9 day cruises to the ABC islands. Check out the Explorer roll calls, there's much interest in these new itineraries from Port Canaveral.

Wow, the ABC's from Pt. Canaveral? I was not aware of this. I need to check this out.

We just booked a 5 night on Explorer from Port Canaveral while on Oasis yesterday...

My only hesitation is that it won't have been refurbished yet, thus no DL and outdated staterooms.

Anybody know when Explorer is due for refurbishment? What I find on the RCI website just says "2015". I'm pretty sure that somewhere here on CruiseCritic I had seen February 2015, but every day in February is listed for sale. I don't see 9-18 Jan 2015 listed for sale, but can they do the drydock in that length of time, or could those 9 days be a charter?

Thom

Anybody know when Explorer is due for refurbishment? What I find on the RCI website just says "2015". I'm pretty sure that somewhere here on CruiseCritic I had seen February 2015, but every day in February is listed for sale. I don't see 9-18 Jan 2015 listed for sale, but can they do the drydock in that length of time, or could those 9 days be a charter?

Thom

They have recently added additional cruises on Explorer in Jan/Feb so evidently they are delaying refurbishment.

It was scheduled for February 2015, but looks like it has been moved to March because they just added a couple of extra cruises out of PC on her. My educated guess is that those cruises are selling very good hence the extra cruises. Btw isn't Curacao one of the best island in the Caribbean?;)

Any thoughts (probably too much to expect hard info) on Explorer after Spring 2015? I would guess that Freedom and Enchantment will stay the Summer 2015 in Port Canaveral, but that keeping Explorer there would be more capacity than Canaveral can profitably support in the summer (that would give more capacity in Canaveral than RCI has in South Florida). My GUESS (and that's all it is) is that Explorer will go somewhere in Europe for the summer, but be back in Canaveral for 2015-2016. Comments?

Thom

Any thoughts (probably too much to expect hard info) on Explorer after Spring 2015? I would guess that Freedom and Enchantment will stay the Summer 2015 in Port Canaveral, but that keeping Explorer there would be more capacity than Canaveral can profitably support in the summer (that would give more capacity in Canaveral than RCI has in South Florida). My GUESS (and that's all it is) is that Explorer will go somewhere in Europe for the summer, but be back in Canaveral for 2015-2016. Comments?

Thom

Rumors are she is going to Asia. If she goes around half March to dry dock, she would come out again at the end of April, just in time for a TA to Europe and on to Dubai and Asia. But everything is possible.

It was scheduled for February 2015, but looks like it has been moved to March because they just added a couple of extra cruises out of PC on her. My educated guess is that those cruises are selling very good hence the extra cruises. Btw isn't Curacao one of the best island in the Caribbean?;)
Our 12-14-2014 cruise to the ABC islands is selling well -- we are in a JS and prices have gone up.