Would they move formal night to Monday because of SuperBowl when we don!t dock till 3

stipmom

Anything is possible......but if its the normally scheduled night they probably won't change it because of SB.(They WILL have a big party for SB though...have watched playoff games on board before and they are a blast!!) I'd forgo formal night anytime for one of those parties!!!:)

They probably will not adjust the schedule. The international clientele mostly don't know or care about American football, and there may be so many international guests that Americans might even be in the minority

They will adjust the schedule. They will move formal night. They will hold a Super Bowl party. It's an opportunity to sell lots of alcohol beverages.

Edited by Charles4515

In San Juan and sail at 10?

We are on the Reflection.

Personally, I could care less! Even if our Pats make the bowl. I'm cruising to get away from the winter weather. The game is the last thing on MY mind!

We were on the Reflection last year for Super Bowl. They did move formal night to another night, and showed the game in the big theater. They served football food in there throughout the entire game, and it was wonderful! A great place to watch the game!

I am the original poster. I have been on celebrity cruises a few times during the Super Bowl but do not remember if they switched formal nights.

The reason I want to know is I made specialty reservations for the next day and do not want to eat in the Specialty restaurant on a formal night.

They probably will not adjust the schedule. The international clientele mostly don't know or care about American football, and there may be so many international guests that Americans might even be in the minority

Highly doubtful on a Caribbean cruise out of the US. The vast majority of pax will be Americans.

Do they move formal night for the FA Cup Final too?

Most likely not. As a spectator sport in the US, soccer pales in comparison to sports like football and baseball.

I am the original poster. I have been on celebrity cruises a few times during the Super Bowl but do not remember if they switched formal nights.

The reason I want to know is I made specialty reservations for the next day and do not want to eat in the Specialty restaurant on a formal night.

Hi:) I sailed SUMMIT a few years ago when Green Bay played Pittsburgh

for the SuperBowl and yes, THEY DID change formal nights....it was held

on Monday night, instead of Sunday night.

You will just have to wait till after you board the ship and find out what

the staff on Reflection decides to do.

Hi, respectfully disagree with you.....I have sailed on Superbowl Sunday

before and they did adjust formal nights......as for a Caribbean Cruise

in February? The Superbowl is a worldwide event. International guests

or not? I think on a Caribbean Cruise in the wintertime there are going

to be many Americans on board.

Normally I would think they would just switch to the next night but Most times the next day is a port day where you arrive in port between 7 and 10 and sail by 6. On this cruise we do not get int port till 3 and sail at 10. Celebrity is running a number of shore excursions that do not get back to the ship till after 8

Yes, the formal night WILL get moved back 1 night because of Super Bowl.

I was on this cruise last year and that is exactly what happened. Sunday becomes one huge Super Bowl party on board at various venues. If you're not a fan of football or just want to ignore the game, the pool bar is remarkably quiet and serene on that night!