What would YOU like to see the gift shops carry?

WestLakeGirl

I would love (and wouldn't be surprised) if X and/or RCCL would do another partnership like on Oasis-class ships (e.i. - Coach and Starbucks). This seems to be the trend right now in cruising with Carnival and NCL's foodie partnerships only in the last year or so. Ralph Lauren, a full Tommy Bahama brand store, J.Crew, or a Banana Republic come to mind...These brands are definitely in line with the "Modern Luxury" branding and offer timeless, upscale fashion that could carry the dress up "basics" for guests. Also, as someone who has worked in the clothing industry for some time, I agree with many posters that carrying size 6 and under is NOT in good taste. The most popular size for womenswear is a size 12; most speciality clothing stores carry 00-14 in stores.

-Stevesing

I would love to see reasonably priced necessities: aspirin (or tylenol), bandaids, cough drops, sunscreen, cortisone cream, etc. etc.

This is the first thing that came to mind when I saw the post , reasonably priced toiletries, and a larger selection, too. Once I went on a cruise and cough drops were no where to be found. A gift shop employee wasckindcenough to go back to her cabin and give me some of her personal stash:eek: I so appreciated her kindness. The ship-shop had run out of cough drops. Better sun screen instead of thatAustralian Gold

For anyone who might be on a ship plagued by Noro, Imodium would be a top seller.

On our last X cruise the perfume/cosmetics shop was basically empty. This was the last cruise from South America to Florida so I only had a choice of one color blush when mine shattered...yep I was the one with the orange cheeks trying to hide for two weeks. I can remember when it was great fun to check out the make up and perfumes...so many colors and sweet aromas.

There wasn't much available on that cruise but the prices were terrific.

not being a smarty hear , but what about a little shop like a 7/11 or something like that.

they could carry magzines and other lines that your average 7/11 stocks, price the products at a reasonable level give celebrity 20% of the profits,and were all done.

just like a little general store, I'd bet it would do a roaring trade.

I'm hoping they have something Sephora-like later this month, because my pasty-white Wisconsinite self will hopefully need new foundation after a day or two!

I always fine good selections of foundation on cruise sips, and I'm pasty too:D

Celebrity had nice makeup

I'm almost positive that some "Cruise Wear" brand clothing was for sale on our Nov 30 Caribbean cruise on the Eclipse. The items were all marked down and were located in the area where they sell the t-shirts, sweat shirts, rum cakes, key chains, etc. and not in the ladies' wear store that sells purses and Michael Kors clothing. They had kitschy anchors or starfish embellishments on them...meh.

On the Caribbean/hot weather sailings I think a partnership with an American clothing company called "Fresh Produce" would make a lot of women very happy! Their clothing is make in the USA, is made from lightweight cotton, is very stylish, varied and moderately priced. Prior to our last cruise I had a wonderful time shopping at their store on Las Olas Blvd in Fort Lauderdale on Black Friday nonetheless...Oh, I was in my happy place! :D

I'd like to see a Diane Von Furstenburg store on board....fits most body types...lots of pieces are easy to travel/pack...and the silk pieces don't take up much room in your bag.

Excellent idea!! Love DVF! but most people here want affordable clothes! BTW, we have cruised on Celebrity, Disney, RCCL and NCL, and believe me, Celebrity's stores are not that bad. :D:D

It would be fun to have a variety of dog/cat souvenirs onboard -- would love to be able to pick up a stuffed toy or a new collar/bandana/leash/food/water dishes or bling bling for my dog with the themed cruise. How many of us own pets? We always miss them when traveling and talk to other cruisers about our "babies." Think it would be a great idea. Even wish they had onboard lectures about nutrition/training etc. for our pets -- would certainly be different and I think a lot of folks would enjoy.

I still have beautiful clothes that were so unique from a company called "Cruise Wear". I don't know what happened to them, but I used to buy from them on board all the time. Excellent quality, and things didn't shrink.

I just purchased a nautical top on my last Carnival cruise in the gift shop from the brand you mention "Cruise Wear". I even googled them upon returning home in hopes of finding the line available online. No luck.

I'm certainly not qualified to answer any question that is geared towards the seasoned cruiser... but I now have a completed cruise under my belt, and i feel that I have a small voice :D PS... I only have 1 cruise, and it was on Royal Caribbean, but I truly believe that this company (Royal, Celebrity) would really benefit from having a Pandora Jewellery store! They are highly collectible! And range from very in-expensive to very high priced.. they have stores everywhere, and I was surprised to not see them on the Explorer.. perhaps they are on other ships?

I'm almost positive that some "Cruise Wear" brand clothing was for sale on our Nov 30 Caribbean cruise on the Eclipse. The items were all marked down and were located in the area where they sell the t-shirts, sweat shirts, rum cakes, key chains, etc. and not in the ladies' wear store that sells purses and Michael Kors clothing. They had kitschy anchors or starfish embellishments on them...meh.

On the Caribbean/hot weather sailings I think a partnership with an American clothing company called "Fresh Produce" would make a lot of women very happy! Their clothing is make in the USA, is made from lightweight cotton, is very stylish, varied and moderately priced. Prior to our last cruise I had a wonderful time shopping at their store on Las Olas Blvd in Fort Lauderdale on Black Friday nonetheless...Oh, I was in my happy place! :D

I agree...meh on the starfish anchor embellishments. :eek:

Eileen Fisher would probably be a big seller on board.

Positive: I personally have a "Wrist Watch" fetish!! Both my last 2 cruises on Celebrity had a couple of days where they had a sale on watches (2 for $25 or 3 for $30). LOVED THEM!!

Negative: I ran out of my Salon style Hair Spray (which I call Shellac) while on my 1st 15 day cruise.....and found a tiny bottle of the REAL cheap stuff (White Rain) in what they dub the "Convenience Store." I actually paid MORE for that bottle than I did for my expensive brand. Crazy!!

I wish they carried a larger variety of books and magazines, especially crosswords/puzzle mags. For me the perfect cruise is to lounge by the pool and read, occasionally getting into the water. I can go through 3 400+ page novels with ease on a 7 day cruise. Sometimes I go through more and the shops rarely have anything I like...

Hockey sticks?

Cowbells, air horns, kites, barbeque grills both gas and charcoal, large ice chests, and other stuff that we can use on the lawn for a picnic. Fishing rods so we can catch fish to cook on the grill.

💨🍻🍸

I couldn't agree more. We've paid a great deal for this vacation and god forbid we forget toothpaste, it would be great if we didn't have to shell out $8.50 for a small tube.
While I agree this is outrageous, in your own words, you "paid a great deal for this vacation".

I have been guilty of this too, paying thousands for a cruise and getting angry at having to pay more then $15 for inferior suntan lotion.

Yes it's a big rip-off but in the end we all should try not to sweat the small stuff.

I have to practice saying to myself that it is a small tax on my own stupidity.;)

Come on hijackers, shopping is serious stuff:D.

I agree about the toiletries and medications. Not expecting a Walgreens onboard but their supply of stuff is very limited and extremely expensive. Last cruise my son had a bad cold and there was just one all-in-one brand cold pill available. He could not take all the ingredients, so had to wait until we hit the next port and I had to try to find a decent brand at one of the local shops (no small task). (although ps on the Immodium comment - I agree 100% it should be onboard but it is not recommended to take it with noro - just a heads up and the hope you never need to use it:))

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to see Celebrity's gift shops offer most anything OTHER than what they currently offer. Over the past few years, I've never seen a collection of such undesirable junk - especially the Celebrity logo items. I always go into the stores, eager to spend, and always walk out thinking "what a bunch of terrible stuff". Well, it's actually other words, but I cant say them here :)

Edited by Host Andy

I would like them to sell hair brushes. The last cruise we were on I forgot my hair brush. I went to the spa to see if they sold them there. They did not. The funny thing was there was a lady there who had forgot her hair brush as well.Then it was off to the other shops on board. None to be found. Every place I went on the ship the staff said that they had many request for brushes and had passed those requests to Celebrity. I had to buy one at the first Island that we came to. And even at that I had to go to several store.

I wish they carried a larger variety of books and magazines, especially crosswords/puzzle mags. For me the perfect cruise is to lounge by the pool and read, occasionally getting into the water. I can go through 3 400+ page novels with ease on a 7 day cruise. Sometimes I go through more and the shops rarely have anything I like...

My iPad is loaded with more reading material than I could ever get through during a cruise, but even if I was to accomplish that unlikely feat, I could simply download the books or magazines of my choice while aboard. As much as I enjoy a hard-cover or paperback, it's hard to beat the convenience and flexibility of an e-reader.