Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

I agree, it makes total sense. But, I was on both the Oasis TA from Rotterdam and then the Quantum TA from Southampton and just have a feeling.

Sending Oasis to Barcelona would be a certain possibility. The only reason to send Allure is similar to how Liberty gained home port status in Barcelona. Allure will have a full season there in 2015, while Oasis only had a few weeks.

You will not like my answer to what I am speculating will happen with those May sailings on Allure if they are, in fact, sending Allure.

I think that Oasis 3 will be sent over, in PERFECT condition, with an amazing Central Park with all the plants in place and everything in perfect working order to come in and provide home port WOW.

As this provides them a more fluid timeline, they just take the passengers booked on Allure and transfer them to Oasis 3.

Personally, I think that is the best idea. I agree, a brand new, "updated" Oasis Class in FL will be a WOW. They don't need that "WOW" in the Med, especially if Allure could easily be sent over. I think an original Oasis class ship + an amazing Med itinerary is enough of a wow. :)

We will see what finally happens...

Could well be that Oasis III and Ovation otS might be open for booking a littlebit earlier.

mayba Oasis III will be sent directly to Florida, to represent her in her "home country/area", and Oasis most likely switches somewhere else.

I reckon that Oasis will be the ship leaving Ft. Lauderdale, since it looks like that Independence will take over the Saturday departures from Ft. Lauderdale...

Edited by celebrity_fan

End of April 2015 would be very late, IMHO... :eek:

Maybe she has spoken about new Far East/Asia itineraries, planned for Oasis.

But to be honest, if the deployment schedule for 2016 will be published in the next couple of days/weeks, than the first itineraries should be released by mid of February, I would say...

Waiting that long also puts RCI at a substantial competitive disadvantage, considering many of their competitors have their deployments out and open for booking earlier than ever. Who ever knows what they're thinking... could be some of the classic RCI arrogance that IMHO got them into trouble with the Quantum Class roll out. At minimum it's irritating.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Waiting that long also puts RCI at a substantial competitive disadvantage, considering many of their competitors have their deployments out and open for booking earlier than ever. Who ever knows what they're thinking... could be some of the classic RCI arrogance that IMHO got them into trouble with the Quantum Class roll out. At minimum it's irritating.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I personally reckon that the deployment schedule might be released soon, at least I think next week, so that we have access to the first itineraries by mid of Feb 2015.

Last year the 2015 itineraries where released very early, the first (Canada/NE, Alaska, Europe) from mid of Feb 2014.

So many perople surely hope and desire that they get released that early as well for 2016...

But I think at the latest by mid of February, we should know... :)

Personally, I think that is the best idea. I agree, a brand new, "updated" Oasis Class in FL will be a WOW. They don't need that "WOW" in the Med, especially if Allure could easily be sent over. I think an original Oasis class ship + an amazing Med itinerary is enough of a wow. :)

Here is what they have Allure currently booked for in the Med with weekly Sunday departures from Barcelona from the 1st of May, 2016.

Sunday Barcelona

Monday Palma de Mallorca

Tuesday Marseille

Wednesday Livorno

Thursday Civitavecchia (Rome)

Friday Naples

Saturday at sea

Sunday Barcelona

Here is what they have Allure currently booked for in the Med with weekly Sunday departures from Barcelona from the 1st of May, 2016.

Sunday Barcelona

Monday Palma de Mallorca

Tuesday Marseille

Wednesday Livorno

Thursday Civitavecchia (Rome)

Friday Naples

Saturday at sea

Sunday Barcelona

Yeah, she is - but this could all be placeholders and bookings for other ships, most likely Oasis...

But we will see what's going to happen - at least this is an indicator that RCI intends to sail the med route on an Oasis Class ship again...

Hi,

Either Oasis or Allure or even Oasis 3 may fit in for Freedom from Port Canaveral.

Can we revisit PC again.

It seems you've sent Allure to Europe, Freedom to SJ, Oasis III to FLL, Ovation to FLL and Oasis to China.

What now for the 7 night Caribbean, and will Enchantment replace Majesty?

Sorry for the USA centric post. :o

Yeah, she is - but this could all be placeholders and bookings for other ships, most likely Oasis...

But we will see what's going to happen - at least this is an indicator that RCI intends to sail the med route on an Oasis Class ship again...

For what little it is worth, the rep RC sent to speak for them at our travel show said Oasis wasn't leaving the Caribbean in 2016 and Allure was going to the Med then. I asiked as I along with Emmy has bookings what is now the last scheduled departure for Oasis from Port Everglades.

Can we revisit PC again.

It seems you've sent Allure to Europe, Freedom to SJ, Oasis III to FLL, Ovation to FLL and Oasis to China.

What now for the 7 night Caribbean, and will Enchantment replace Majesty?

Sorry for the USA centric post. :o

Yeah, sorry - something went unlcear...

No, I meant: Allure and Independence FLL; Ovation FLL (after Europe); Oasis III or Oasis PC (one of the two switches to Barcelona), Enchantment Miami, fitting in for Majesty... :)

And Anthem stays at Cape Liberty...

Yeah, sorry - something went unlcear...

No, I meant: Allure and Independence FLL; Ovation FLL (after Europe); Oasis III or Oasis PC (one of the two switches to Barcelona), Enchantment Miami, fitting in for Majesty... :)

And Anthem stays at Cape Liberty...

So no Oasis in China?

Any guess on a 3/4 day for PC?

Thanks again

Oasis to Asia after Europe in summer.

Short runs from PC? No idea, maybe not longer offered after Enchantment leaves PC...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not so sure they will abandon the short cruise market in PC, we'll see in a few weeks I guess

Oasis to Asia after Europe in summer.

Short runs from PC? No idea, maybe not longer offered after Enchantment leaves PC...

So then you're saying that there will only be one Oasis Class ship in FLL? And then one in PC? Year-round? Because PC needs a year-round ship...

Just thinking out loud here...Ovation to PC?

Edited to Add: Just re-read...Oasis and Indy year round, with Ovation coming in the winter makes sense. But will Royal be able to meet their passenger quota in PE with only 1 Oasis class ship?

So what you're saying is:

Oasis (Allure) doing the Sunday itineraries

Indy doing the Saturday itineraries

Ovation doing the 6/8 night itineraries

Oasis III (or possibly Allure) Sunday departures from PC

Is that right???

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

So then you're saying that there will only be one Oasis Class ship in FLL? And then one in PC? Year-round? Because PC needs a year-round ship...

Just thinking out loud here...Ovation to PC?

Edited to Add: Just re-read...Oasis and Indy year round, with Ovation coming in the winter makes sense. But will Royal be able to meet their passenger quota in PE with only 1 Oasis class ship?

In 2015, it is the same that throughout the summer season, only one Oasis ship sails from Fort Lauderdale, together with Independence. Oasis Saturdays, Independence Sundays.

Same I could imagine for 2016.

Allure from FL, Oasis III or original Oasis from PC, Ovation from FL starting Oct/Nov 2016, on 6-8 night sailings. ;)

But Independence sailing Saturdays, Allure Sundays in summer 2016.

Anthem staying at Cape Liberty.

Freedom from SJU. To be joined by Jewel in winter period.

Navigator and Adventure to be deployed elsewhere...

Edited by celebrity_fan

In 2015, it is the same that throughout the summer season, only one Oasis ship sails from Fort Lauderdale, together with Independence. Oasis Saturdays, Independence Sundays.

Same I could imagine for 2016.

Allure from FL, Oasis III or original Oasis from PC, Ovation from FL starting Oct/Nov 2016... ;)

But Independence sailing Saturdays, Allure Sundays.

Anthem staying at Cape Liberty.

Freedom from SJU.

Navigator and Adventure to be deployed elsewhere...

Yes, I know Indy is doing the Sunday sailings in summer 2015. But you're suggesting Indy will start doing them year-round, correct? I know that Royal has some type of passenger quota they have to meet with PE, so I didn't know if that was possible with only 1 Oasis class ship. But I guess when you factor in the added capacity of Ovation, it would probably meet it.

I know you said something on here the other day about Indy doing the 4/5 nights from FLL in the winter, but obviously she couldn't if she was taking over for OA/AL. Maybe Navigator or Adventure come in to do those?

With all the money RCI invested in new Terminal 1 at Port C, I would think they will want to homeport at least 2 if not 3 ships at that port.

Maybe Adventure or Navigator could come in for the winter and do sailings similar to what the Explorer is doing this winter?

Just thinking out loud here...

With a 24 ship deployment for 2016/17 I think that RCI will keep a very strong presence in Florida with Port Canaveral, Port Everglades and Tampa and Miami deployment.

These sailings will continue to host passengers that were developed in their home markets in the USA, Europe, South America, Asia, Australia and elsewhere and will always remain very central to RCI.

The shorter sailings are crucial as they provide an entry point for new cruisers and a quick getaway option for frequent cruisers.

Yes, I know Indy is doing the Sunday sailings in summer 2015. But you're suggesting Indy will start doing them year-round, correct? I know that Royal has some type of passenger quota they have to meet with PE, so I didn't know if that was possible with only 1 Oasis class ship. But I guess when you factor in the added capacity of Ovation, it would probably meet it.

I know you said something on here the other day about Indy doing the 4/5 nights from FLL in the winter, but obviously she couldn't if she was taking over for OA/AL. Maybe Navigator or Adventure come in to do those?

Hmmm, good point. Yeah, if one Oasis class ship leaves Ft. Lauderdale permanently to be redeployed to Asia, I see what you want to say.

Oasis III might sail from PC in winters so she won't be the second candidate for PE.

But yes, if Ovation is joining other ships in FL, than RCI may meet the quota.

And do not forget: Serenade possibly offers 10-11 night Caribbean sailings from PE during winter period... ;)

But yes, that's the question, if RCI will have only one Oasis ship sailing from PE from winter 2016.

Ovation to PC is not an option, since one ship is required for the 6-8 night sailings .

So only remaining possibility is: Allure and Indy year-round from PE, Ovation seasonal.

Maybe the St Maarten cruise schedule gets updated than.

Currently Indy is not showing up there after Nov 2016... :confused:

Edited by celebrity_fan

RCI had actually retracted from full deployment in Europe due to market conditions and predictions for growth in 2016 only put them back on track and are not really a true re-deployment.

I think Barcelona really proved themselves along with Malaga and the other MED ports hosting Oasis and this along with competitive factors have prompted RCI to put Allure or other Oasis in Barcelona for the 2016 season.

While potential in Asia is fantastic on the long term, I think the joint venture route is going to be where the heavy growth both with the building of ships in China for the home market along with marketing agreements.

One thing that is really bothering me about the deployment of Quantum of the Seas to China is that 'project sunshine' was stated to have been developed for longer sailings. The Chinese / Asian market prefer short sailings.

Why they chose this fit and then the discussion of 'Oasis class' for China has always baffled me. There is so much to experience on these ships and how can possibly do that on a short sailing.

Hmmm, good point. Yeah, if one Oasis class ship leaves Ft. Lauderdale permanently to be redeployed to Asia, I see what you want to say.

Oasis III might sail from PC in winters so she won't be the second candidate for PE.

But yes, if Ovation is joining other ships in FL, than RCI may meet the quota.

And do not forget: Serenade possibly offers 10-11 night Caribbean sailings from PE during winter period... ;)

But yes, that's the question, if RCI will have only one Oasis ship sailing from PE from winter 2016.

Ovation to PC is not an option, since one ship is required for the 6-8 night sailings .

So only remaining possibility is: Allure and Indy year-round from PE, Ovation seasonal.

Maybe the St Maarten cruise schedule gets updated than.

Currently Indy is not showing up there after Nov 2016... :confused:

All very good points and assumptions. It gets very confusing trying to think how everything is going to work out! ;)

Oh, I forgot about how Indy disappeared from the port schedule... Possibly a new Eastern itinerary of some sort? Not sure if there is any other ports as options, but just curious...

Speaking of new ports... Is there a possibility that an Oasis Class ship could offer any other itinerary/new ports?

All very good points and assumptions. It gets very confusing trying to think how everything is going to work out! ;)

Oh, I forgot about how Indy disappeared from the port schedule... Possibly a new Eastern itinerary of some sort? Not sure if there is any other ports as options, but just curious...

Speaking of new ports... Is there a possibility that an Oasis Class ship could offer any other itinerary/new ports?

Ok... Indy might offer another Caribbean itinerary without st Maarten, for example calling at Tortola, St Kitts and St Thomas.

I do not have any clue where Oasis class ships could dock.

I assume they will stay on the standard routes with Nassau, St Thomas and St Maarten.

Other ships may be deployed more flexible, due to size.

Or RCI has recognized that two Oasis ships from FL are not necessary anymore, or not selling well enough, but selling well on markets such as Asia.

One Oasis from FL might be enough, together with other different ships sailing from there...

That might be the reason that Oasis might be relocated to Far East...

Edited by celebrity_fan

Ok... Indy might offer another Caribbean itinerary without st Maarten, for example calling at Tortola, St Kitts and St Thomas.

I do not have any clue where Oasis class ships could dock.

I assume they will stay on the standard routes with Nassau, St Thomas and St Maarten.

Other ships may be deployed more flexible, due to size.

Or RCI has recognized that two Oasis ships from FL are not necessary anymore, or not selling well enough, but selling well on markets such as Asia.

One Oasis from FL might be enough, together with other different ships sailing from there...

That might be the reason that Oasis might be relocated to Far East...

Tortola is definitely a possibility. I believe they are actually building a new pier? Or renovating? Not exactly sure, but something is being done.

Was looking at the St. Maarten port schedule again (I'm obsessing! Lol ;))...

If it's correct...

As you said, Serenade appears to be doing the 10/11 night sailing from FLL again.

IMO, it appears all 3 Oasis class ships will be in Florida for winter 16/17. I might have a hard time explaining my assumption, but here it goes....

Here is what the St. Maarten Port schedule says:

Wed 11/30 AL

Thur 12-1 OA

Thur 12-8 AL2

Wed 12-14 AL

Thur 12-15 OA

Thur 12-22 AL2

Wed 12-28 AL

Thur 12-29 OA

Thur 1-5 AL2

As I said above, my guess is that all 3 Oasis Class ships end up in Florida for winter 16/17. Looking at the schedule above (which was taken directly from the St. Maarten schedule), it appears one of the "Allure"s is actually a placeholder for Oasis 3. I placed a 2 after one of the "Allure"s, which I believe to be Oasis 3. If you look closely, you can match each one up...

OA (Oasis) visits every two weeks, on a Thursday.

AL (Allure) visits every two weeks, on a Wednesday.

AL2 (Oasis 3) visits every two weeks, on a Thursday (the Thursday's that fall between Oasis' visits every other Thurs)

The ship calling on Wednesdays would be leaving florida (presumably PE) on a Sat.

The two ships calling on Thurs would be leaving florida (presumably one from FLL and the other from PE) on a Sunday.

I know that these could be swapped out for other ships, but my guess is that that won't happen. It would also explain the disappearance of Indy from the schedule, as she would be replaced by whatever ship was in Europe.

Aaah ok, great findings!

With the calls of the Oasis ships you are definitely right. And if they call in that frequence as it's shown on the list, than it might not be the case that one Oasis leaves for Asia...

we will see... Yeah Indy might be replaced by the particular Oasis ship coming back from Europe.

Indy however sails the short runs than...

Only thing which confuses me is why is Oasis listed at Singapore cruise list, to be expected to call there???

But without any exact date :confused:

Edited by celebrity_fan