Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Thanks I am 3 days at New Orleans!

As a Louisiana native and total foodie (for obvious reasons, I'm a food scientist), may I humbly suggest a few places. Many places are total tourist traps in the French Quarter these days, but do not fear, great authentic food is just steps away or a fantastic street car ride.

Favorite Po-Boy joint: Mahony's (3454 Magazine street), and once there, walk that area of Magazine for some great shopping and local artist! This area of Magazine reminds me of what the French Quarter used to be...

Cochon Butcher (930 Tchoupitoulas st)... the best sandwich shop around in the warehouse district... period (this is near the Port, fyi)

Felipe's (S. Peters)... amazing Mexican cuisine and fantastic homemade margaritas

Of course have cafe au lait at Cafe Du monde is a staple...

For really good music, skip Bourbon street go to Frenchmen's Street for authentic NOLA music (or the locals like Oak Street, but it's a taxi ride to that location)

The one good thing Bourbon Street still has is Clover Grill for the best damn mushroom cheeseburger or breakfast 24/7 for late night munchies!

Welcome to Louisiana, we never meet strangers!

Yes, i know, but I was talking about the Freedom being a regular visitor to the island.

I was asking which ports could accommodate "Freedom Class" ships in the Southern Caribbean. I saw that the Liberty of the Seas was going there on the transatlantic and stopping there for one day. I did not think they could handle a ship that large, but obviously RCCL has the Liberty scheduled there already. Thus, if it can handle it, it would open the door in the future for future Freedom class ships to stop there. I was just wondering if there were enough ports in the Southern Caribbean that could support the Freedom class ships for a full week long itinerary out of San Juan should that class of ship be deployed there in the future.

I was asking which ports could accommodate "Freedom Class" ships in the Southern Caribbean. I saw that the Liberty of the Seas was going there on the transatlantic and stopping there for one day. I did not think they could handle a ship that large, but obviously RCCL has the Liberty scheduled there already. Thus, if it can handle it, it would open the door in the future for future Freedom class ships to stop there. I was just wondering if there were enough ports in the Southern Caribbean that could support the Freedom class ships for a full week long itinerary out of San Juan should that class of ship be deployed there in the future.

Ports that can handle Voyager class can also handle Freedom class. They have the same width and draft and are just about 50 feet longer which is not an issue in most cases.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you see some huge tankers or drilling rigs here at the mega pier when there are no cruise ships, I think they can even handle the Oasis Class.

FWIW,

Went to a local travel show this weekend. Royal did have a representative there. No new information. She wouldn't give up any information. I did tell her that I was booked on the last scheduled cruise for Oasis out of Port Everglades I told I booked it earlier than I wanted because I was afraid the price would go way up if Oasis was being moved elsewhere. She didn't flinch. She did say Oasis was not leaving the Caribbean after April 2016.

FWIW,

She didn't flinch. She did say Oasis was not leaving the Caribbean after April 2016.

If that were the case, than Oasis III should sail on the Mediterranean itineraries from Barcelona, since Allure is open for booking until end of May, and I highly doubt she will switch to Europe in June... :rolleyes:

But than I am wondering why Oasis is listed in the cruise schedule of Singapore?? Or might she be a placeholder?

Or the representative just was wrong??

If that were the case, than Oasis III should sail on the Mediterranean itineraries from Barcelona, since Allure is open for booking until end of May, and I highly doubt she will switch to Europe in June... :rolleyes:

But than I am wondering why Oasis is listed in the cruise schedule of Singapore?? Or might she be a placeholder?

Or the representative just was wrong??

She did say Allure was going to Europe after May for the summer. Will be interesting to see if they remove the Freestyle machines if that is the case.

I guess we will all just have to wait and see. What is correct today doesn't stop RC from changing its mind in the coming weeks. That's why I started the post with FWIW.

Edited by BillOh

She did say Allure was going to Europe after May for the summer. Will be interesting to see if they remove the Freestyle machines if that is the case.

I guess we will all just have to wait and see. What is correct today doesn't stop RC from changing its mind in the coming weeks. That's why I started the post with FWIW.

We will see - Oasis is listed at the port schedule of Singapore, so IMHO she could sail Europe in summer and reposition to Asia after that - or Allure, we will see...

Yeah, as we all know based on experiences, RCI could change the planned deployment rapidly...

Staff from Radiance of the Seas are quoted as saying Vision of the Seas is the replacement in Oz in 2016.

Have you been on Radiance that you know this??

Or where and when did you get this information?

If so - very interesting - would love to see Radiance Class ships on the Panama Canal routes and see her sailing from Tampa!

But in theory, Vision either should replace radiance in Alaska, and Radiance moves to Europe, or Vision joins Radiance and Jewel in Alaska in 2016...

If Radiance really leaves Australia/NZ after April 2016, she either could keep on doing the Pacific/Hawaii itineraries planned for April/May 2016, or reposition to Europe via Middle east - as Rhapsody in 2015...

Have you been on Radiance that you know this??

Or where and when did you get this information?

If so - very interesting - would love to see Radiance Class ships on the Panama Canal routes and see her sailing from Tampa!

But in theory, Vision either should replace radiance in Alaska, and Radiance moves to Europe, or Vision joins Radiance and Jewel in Alaska in 2016...

If Radiance really leaves Australia/NZ after April 2016, she either could keep on doing the Pacific/Hawaii itineraries planned for April/May 2016, or reposition to Europe via Middle east - as Rhapsody in 2015...

Do you think that they'd put a Vision Class on the North/Southbound itineraries? (Yes, I know Vision class used to do the Seattle RT), but I personally don't like that idea, because I think Radiance class is perfect for those itineraries.

Do you think that they'd put a Vision Class on the North/Southbound itineraries? (Yes, I know Vision class used to do the Seattle RT), but I personally don't like that idea, because I think Radiance class is perfect for those itineraries.

If Vision really moved to Alaska, than I'd personally think:

Vision otS: Alaska RT from Seattle; Jewel otS: Alaska one way between Vancouver and Seward - I assume the latter itinerary is the more propular one, and also IMHO, Radiance Class is a great class of ship for that itinerary.

If Vision really should move to Australia/NZ, than there are several possibilities, IMHO:

-Vision to Alaska, than Hawaii/Transpacific and Australia, prior to Alaska: Panama Canal repo and West Coast

-Vision to Europe, than repo via Suez and Middle east to Australia

-Vision sailing Caribbean until Aug/Sep, than Panama Canal repo, Hawaii, TP, Australia

And Radiance:

-moving to Europe (sailing from Harwich or Barcelona), TA, Caribbean from Tampa

-Alaska as usual (if not Vision), Panama Canal, Caribbean from Tampa

If Vision really moved to Alaska, than I'd personally think:

Vision otS: Alaska RT from Seattle; Jewel otS: Alaska one way between Vancouver and Seward - I assume the latter itinerary is the more propular one, and also IMHO, Radiance Class is a great class of ship for that itinerary.

If Vision really should move to Australia/NZ, than there are several possibilities, IMHO:

-Vision to Alaska, than Hawaii/Transpacific and Australia, prior to Alaska: Panama Canal repo and West Coast

-Vision to Europe, than repo via Suez and Middle east to Australia

-Vision sailing Caribbean until Aug/Sep, than Panama Canal repo, Hawaii, TP, Australia

And Radiance:

-moving to Europe (sailing from Harwich or Barcelona), TA, Caribbean from Tampa

-Alaska as usual (if not Vision), Panama Canal, Caribbean from Tampa

Ah, that would make much more sense. I just think they need to have one Radiance Class ship in Alaska. They're great for a destination like Alaska, and the perfect size: not too big, but not to small.

Ah, that would make much more sense. I just think they need to have one Radiance Class ship in Alaska. They're great for a destination like Alaska, and the perfect size: not too big, but not to small.

Yeah, I could imagine that Jewel otS will do Alaska again in 2016, but then the North/Southbound cruises, if Radiance really leaves Alaska...

Jewel is scheduled to be refurbished in spring 2016, so the refreshed Jewel otS would do Alaska than...

And as it used to be, Vision Class out of Seattle (except for 2015, where Jewel sails from Seattle...).

At first we do not now whether Radiance REALLY leaves Alaska or just does not return to Australia/NZ in fall 2016...

But if Brilliance is really scheduled to sail the 12 night Med cruises from Barcelona in 2016, than one ship would be needed for Harwich - I think there it would make sense to deploy Radiance on the Baltic itinerary from Harwich... or Brilliance from Harwich and Radiance from Barcelona...

Edited by celebrity_fan

Yeah, I could imagine that Jewel otS will do Alaska again in 2016, but then the North/Southbound cruises, if Radiance really leaves Alaska...

Jewel is scheduled to be refurbished in spring 2016, so the refreshed Jewel otS would do Alaska than...

And as it used to be, Vision Class out of Seattle (except for 2015, where Jewel sails from Seattle...).

At first we do not now whether Radiance REALLY leaves Alaska or just does not return to Australia/NZ in fall 2016...

But if Brilliance is really scheduled to sail the 12 night Med cruises from Barcelona in 2016, than one ship would be needed for Harwich - I think there it would make sense to deploy Radiance on the Baltic itinerary from Harwich... or Brilliance from Harwich and Radiance from Barcelona...

That does make sense though if Vision ends up going to Australia...because Vision is doing the 12 nighters from Barcelona in 2015.

That does make sense though if Vision ends up going to Australia...because Vision is doing the 12 nighters from Barcelona in 2015.

Yes, maybe the deployment of Vision and Radiance will be swapped in 2016, if Vision will be relocated to Australia via Alaska, Hawaii and South Pacific.

In theory, Vision could also do the Med cruises during the summer season (or Baltic from Harwich in summer, and Med in fall) and than head to Australia via Suez Canal and Middle East - but I do not think that RCI is doing so...

Maybe the demand for a Radiance Class ship on the 12 night Med cruises from Barcelona is so high that RCI deploys a Radiance Class ship again on that itinerary...

Edited by celebrity_fan

Another fact I could imagine, reagrding the deployment for Alaska 2016:

Radiance keeps on doing the one-way-trips between Vancouver und Seward; Vision sails roundtrips out of Seattle and Jewel might be relocated to Europe, after her refurb in April 2016.

Than, Radiance might do Panama Canal and Caribbean from Tampa, and Jewel repostions to Australia via Hawaii and Pacific...

Another fact I could imagine, reagrding the deployment for Alaska 2016:

Radiance keeps on doing the one-way-trips between Vancouver und Seward; Vision sails roundtrips out of Seattle and Jewel might be relocated to Europe, after her refurb in April 2016.

Than, Radiance might do Panama Canal and Caribbean from Tampa, and Jewel repostions to Australia via Hawaii and Pacific...

IMO, this seems like a very good possibility... Especially since Radiance is scheduled for a cruise in from Hawaii to Vancouver. I know they could easily cancel that, but don't you think they would have done that already?