Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

I don't go on Carnival if I can help it! Her Charleston ship doesn't have balconies and I'm a balcony snob!

Send in the Grandeur or Galaxy for all I care! Even the Caribbean Princess would be fine, just send me a ship!!!

May the deployment gods grant your wish! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't go on Carnival if I can help it! Her Charleston ship doesn't have balconies and I'm a balcony snob!

Send in the Grandeur or Galaxy for all I care! Even the Caribbean Princess would be fine, just send me a ship!!!

While RCI does not even have their 2016 deployment out, upscale line Crystal did grant your wish and will 'home port' the Crystal Serenity there in 2017/18.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12071-crystal-announces-2017-deployment.html

Yes, Radiance was dry docked in June 2011 in Victoria, BC.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4509

If the maximum interval is 5 years, how will this affect her 2016 scheduling? Dry dock in Victoria and a shorter Alaska season or perhaps a visit to Asia and dry dock in SIN?

At least she is listed for a visit in Singapore, but without any date - maybe she will have her dry-dock-period in Singapore...

And than we will see whether she will be relocated to Europe via Asia, or return to Alaska...

At least she is listed for a visit in Singapore, but without any date - maybe she will have her dry-dock-period in Singapore...

And than we will see whether she will be relocated to Europe via Asia, or return to Alaska...

My guess is also that she will have a dry dock in Singapore. I would love her to return to Alaska though. We had an amazing cruise on her last summer and would love to do it again with some extended family in 2017. But we'll see. Anything but Quantum. After all the negativity, she doesn't seem like my cup 'o tea.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I could hardly imagine that Quantum sails Alaska sooner or later - simply too large...

http://www.cruiseportlandmaine.com/why-cruise-here/cruise-schedule/2016-2/

At Portland, Maine, Brilliance of the Seas disappeared on the list where she used to be still weeks ago...

Seems that Serenade sails the 7-night-Canada/NE cruises from Boston, but which one is going to do the Quabec itineraries??

I do not hope they will be cancelled?!?!? :(

I agree about an RCI/Princess/Celebrity ship being homeported in Charleston. It would be great. They did have a Celebrity ship up there about for one season about 7 years ago.

Unfortunately, Galaxy has been transferred to TUI is now a Mein Schiff. We saw her in Aruba. DD, SIL and friends sailed on her for a Greek Island Cruise about 5 or 6 years ago.

A Milleneum class ship in Charleston would be great.

Edited by SherriZ366

This might influence Royal's thinking about their '16/'17 Australia/NZ deployment:

http://www.travelweekly.com.au/news/emerald-princess-to-debut-down-under

Inaugural cruise 2007,; 113000 tonnes.

This brings Princess' capacity in Australia to almost 12,000 beds.

Rpyal Aus will be asking Adam for a response... Quantum?

I haven't been on any of the X ships in years. I've sailed Horizon, Zenith, Century and Galaxy. Loved them all! I'm guessing they are all sold off now?

We sailed into Charleston on Galaxy I think back in 2002. That's when I fell in love with Charleston!

Perhaps someday we'll get a nice ship sailing out of here and not just stopping here!:o:rolleyes:

Cheryl

But they only have 2 ships..

Of course, I fully understand why RCI release deployment much closer in than Crystal.

Crystal are also known for making a 'splash' every season with all of their new ports of call around the world.

It is excitement on a 'whole' different level.

Why?

Solstice length 1.033ft / beam 121ft / draft 27ft

Quantum length 1,141ft/ beam 136ft / draft 28ft

I think even Solstice is getting to the limit due to her size - for exapmle, she has to tender in Juneau, and only can cruise the Tracy Arm Fjord, as far as I know, and cannot really fit under the bridge in Vancouver.

On top of that, I think, Alaska is about the destination, not about the ship - Quantum class ships would do better in markets where the ship is the destination...

So I personally think: Radiance stays in Alaska in 2016, or another similarly sized ship (Vision Class or MAYBE Voyager Class) might replace her...

This might influence Royal's thinking about their '16/'17 Australia/NZ deployment:

http://mbccs.com.sg/ - just scroll the dropdown list of vessels, expected for Singapore - there, Navigator and Oasis of the Seas are listed for calls, but currently without any dates.

So I could imagine that RCI might bring Navigator to Down Under as the next ship, and/or: Oasis might replace Quantum on her Asia deployment, and Quantum might switch to Australia though??

I haven't been on any of the X ships in years. I've sailed Horizon, Zenith, Century and Galaxy. Loved them all! I'm guessing they are all sold off now?...

I believe they still have Century, but the others are gone.

With regards to the Australian market, I am interested in the fact that they are expanding P&O Australia with two more ships from HAL coming over.

While P&O UK divide their ships into family ships and 'exclusively for adult' ships, how do they market themselves in Australia?

I do not know if you have the time or interest, but I am wondering where these ships are positioned in Australia. I had thought that they were Carnival Corps entry level ships in Australia.

I find it interesting when they have segmented all the cruise ships of the world in 2012 over at Cruise Market Watch that they included P&O UK, but not Australia.

Being that they have all former Princess and HAL ships in their fleet, I was wondering if the P&O ships in Australia market to families or which segment?

http://www.cruisemarketwatch.com/articles/cruise-ship-segmentation/

The Emerald Princess, for instance, is listed in the 'Mass-middle class' segment where they also list RCI ships, Adventure, Brilliance, Legend, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Splendor and Voyager.

The P&O UK ships are mainly listed in the category coined, 'A little extra', is this also the case with P&O Australia?

I think even Solstice is getting to the limit due to her size - for exapmle, she has to tender in Juneau, and only can cruise the Tracy Arm Fjord, as far as I know, and cannot really fit under the bridge in Vancouver.

On top of that, I think, Alaska is about the destination, not about the ship - Quantum class ships would do better in markets where the ship is the destination...

So I personally think: Radiance stays in Alaska in 2016, or another similarly sized ship (Vision Class or MAYBE Voyager Class) might replace her...

Not sure about that. Quantum is a cold weather ship and viewing glaciers from that pod would be pretty cool. Plus it's a low emission ship isn't it.

http://mbccs.com.sg/ - just scroll the dropdown list of vessels, expected for Singapore - there, Navigator and Oasis of the Seas are listed for calls, but currently without any dates.

So I could imagine that RCI might bring Navigator to Down Under as the next ship, and/or: Oasis might replace Quantum on her Asia deployment, and Quantum might switch to Australia though??

I was wondering if RCI are doing some sort of pattern here by first taking a ship from the US market (global) and then moving her to Europe for a season with a dry dock involved along the way and then move the ship to Asia and Pacific and then maybe on to the west coast. This would take some ships around the world in a 3 deployment season pattern, similarly to what they are now going to do with Explorer.

They could then have one ship going westbound every year, while they have another ship going eastbound, similarly to what they are doing Rhapsody.

I was wondering if RCI are doing some sort of pattern here by first taking a ship from the US market (global) and then moving her to Europe for a season with a dry dock involved along the way and then move the ship to Asia and Pacific and then maybe on to the west coast. This would take some ships around the world in a 3 deployment season pattern, similarly to what they are now going to do with Explorer.

They could then have one ship going westbound every year, while they have another ship going eastbound, similarly to what they are doing Rhapsody.

I have the improession that RCI does this kind of redeployment with several ships - the movement from US via Europe to Asia, RCI has done with several ships - Voyager, Mariner, planned for Quantum and Explorer - and surely as well for oasis and Navigator - might be something like a "standard pattern" RCI has created...

I believe Tracey Arm is smaller than the entry to Glacier Bay. I posted width measurements on a thread a long time ago, I wish I can remember where I posted that. There'd be no problem with Q's length spinning around in the middle of Tracey Arm.

Solstice gets under the Lion's Gate bridge with it's retractable funnel. Q can't according to her posted on line height. She barely got under the Verazzano (15ft clearance) and I believe that bridge is taller than Lion's Gate. But that's ok, Q would sail out of Seattle anyways and not visit Vancouver. For her reposition back to Hawaii/Asia she can stop at Victoria to support the PVSA rules.

This is a great point. I just came off the 11 day to Southern Carib. I had more than enough sea days too and from Bayonne to have full extensive port days 5 in a row... it wasn't just ship. The normal Seattle/Alaska run for RCL is Juneau, Skagway, Victoria... only 3 ports in 7 days with 1 day outside at the glaciers... so basically 4 sea days out of 7. She is also made for cold weather cruising, the Northstar would be unbelievable, and the amount of window space looking out is more than Radiance class ships. I would recommend you try Quantum Class as you'd see what I'm saying... I don't think you're speaking about Quantum with the knowledge of what she'd be like.

I have the improession that RCI does this kind of redeployment with several ships - the movement from US via Europe to Asia, RCI has done with several ships - Voyager, Mariner, planned for Quantum and Explorer - and surely as well for oasis and Navigator - might be something like a "standard pattern" RCI has created...

I just think adding the westbound cycle and having one of the ships then stay in Europe for a season like they are doing with Rhapsody to introduce a new element to this.

I even see the addition of year-round Europe having a connection to this deployment strategy.

This is somewhat like what they have historically done with Legend.

With regards to the Australian market, I am interested in the fact that they are expanding P&O Australia with two more ships from HAL coming over.

While P&O UK divide their ships into family ships and 'exclusively for adult' ships, how do they market themselves in Australia?

I do not know if you have the time or interest, but I am wondering where these ships are positioned in Australia. I had thought that they were Carnival Corps entry level ships in Australia.

I find it interesting when they have segmented all the cruise ships of the world in 2012 over at Cruise Market Watch that they included P&O UK, but not Australia.

Being that they have all former Princess and HAL ships in their fleet, I was wondering if the P&O ships in Australia market to families or which segment?

P&O Australia cater for all age groups including families but they do have a limit on the number of children on each cruise. When booking a P&O cruise the first thing the travel agent checks for families is the child quota available.

Theme 3 and 4 day weekend cruises are very popular with most going in the Pacific Ocean to go nowhere instead of ports.

P&O Australian cruises are in Australian dollars and no tipping.

http://www.cruiseweekly.com.au/news/po-cruises-adds-new-homeports-new-destinations-and-new-itineraries-in-biggest-ever-year-of-cruising/18794