Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Does anyone have information regarding which port the Allure or Oasis will be sailing out of, the first weekend in June 2016? Waiting patiently for rates. :D

Nobody does yet, and even if they did know there is no guarantee RC won't change its mind again. Stay tuned, we may all know in the next 60 days. I'm currently booked on the last known Oasis cruise out of Port Everglades.

Unfortunately that is not legal...unless the trip is all the way back to Asia.

To do the Hawaii cruise she'd have to start in a non-US port, such as Ensenada, Mexico or Vancouver. I don't know if Victoria is able to be an embarkation port.

Does anyone have information regarding which port the Allure or Oasis will be sailing out of, the first weekend in June 2016? Waiting patiently for rates. :D

Allure of the Seas, you can book up to end of May 2016 - ok, this might be subject to change, but I think, after that particular cruise starting in May,she is unlikely to head to Europe in June...

So I'd reckon that in June Oasis might sail Europe, or the new Oasis III...

I was wondering if RCI are doing some sort of pattern here by first taking a ship from the US market (global) and then moving her to Europe for a season with a dry dock involved along the way and then move the ship to Asia and Pacific and then maybe on to the west coast. This would take some ships around the world in a 3 deployment season pattern, similarly to what they are now going to do with Explorer.

They could then have one ship going westbound every year, while they have another ship going eastbound, similarly to what they are doing Rhapsody.

Hmm, I think the two eastbound heading ships could be Navigator and Oasis, heading from US via Europe to Far East and Australia...

MAYBE, but it is in unconfirmed rumor: Radiance is heading to Europe from Australia via Far East... but if it would be the case, I didn't have any idea which ship replaced her in Alaska...

Hmm, I think the two eastbound heading ships could be Navigator and Oasis, heading from US via Europe to Far East and Australia...

MAYBE, but it is in unconfirmed rumor: Radiance is heading to Europe from Australia via Far East... but if it would be the case, I didn't have any idea which ship replaced her in Alaska...

Radiance could stay on in Alaska even if she isn't in Australia - she could work the Caribbean in the northen winter. I hadn't heard the Europe rumour, only the "Australia is losing Radiance" one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Radiance could stay on in Alaska even if she isn't in Australia - she could work the Caribbean in the northen winter. I hadn't heard the Europe rumour, only the "Australia is losing Radiance" one.

Yes, of course she could do the Caribbean druing the (northern) winter period, or US West Coast and Hawaii in winter.

But if Brilliance is really leaving the Baltic area in summer 2016 and heads to Mediterranean, I think she would need a replacement as well - maybe Radiance than... we will see.

To do the Hawaii cruise she'd have to start in a non-US port, such as Ensenada, Mexico or Vancouver. I don't know if Victoria is able to be an embarkation port.

Not true princess offer a round trip cruise from San Francisco.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah, it's legal because they stop at Ensenada on the way back.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

That's also because that is a round trip. A repositioning cruise between US ports would need to stop at a DISTANT foreign port (either South America or Kiribati, at least until Kiribati is wiped out by global warming).

That's okay because the cruise starts/ends at the same US port. In that case they only need to go to a foreign port. However to start in one US port (eg. Seattle) and end in another US port (eg Honolulu) the ship needs to stop at a distant foreign port and neither Vancouver or Ensenada are considered distant foreign ports. This is why when Rhapsody was based in Seattle for the Alaska season that the last Alaska cruise started in Seattle and ended in Vancouver. Then she would head to Australia with the Vancouver to Honolulu and Honolulu to Sydney cruises. She wasn't allowed to do Seattle to Honolulu.

I haven't been on any of the X ships in years. I've sailed Horizon, Zenith, Century and Galaxy. Loved them all! I'm guessing they are all sold off now?

We sailed into Charleston on Galaxy I think back in 2002. That's when I fell in love with Charleston!

Perhaps someday we'll get a nice ship sailing out of here and not just stopping here!:o:rolleyes:

Cheryl

I would like a good X or RCI ship sailing out of Charleston. The anti-cruise lobby is pretty ferocious though.

I was wondering if RCI are doing some sort of pattern here by first taking a ship from the US market (global) and then moving her to Europe for a season with a dry dock involved along the way and then move the ship to Asia and Pacific and then maybe on to the west coast. This would take some ships around the world in a 3 deployment season pattern, similarly to what they are now going to do with Explorer.

They could then have one ship going westbound every year, while they have another ship going eastbound, similarly to what they are doing Rhapsody.

Taking QU out of the US market was a sudden decision as QU was meant to stay in Bayonne year round. The big problem was that Bermuda had not dredged enough for the QU to dock. So RCI decided to send it to the fast developing China market. Liberty will do the Bermuda itineraries and then Anthem comes to Bayonne in the fall. RCI is banking on Bermuda dredging being sufficient for AN to dock in 2016.

Port schedules now confirm that Brilliance of the Seas should return to Tampa following her European Season in 2016.

Brilliance of the Seas

2016 / 2017 Deployment

Transatlantic

18-Apr Tampa departure

27-Apr Funchal, Madeira, Portugal

29-Apr Gibraltar

30-Apr Malaga, Spain ? (Cartegena/Valencia)

2-May Barcelona arrival

2 May Barcelona Summer Season 2016

3-May Cannes ...

Series of MED sailings

Transatlantic

17 Oct Barcelona departure

Malaga/Cartagena/Valencia

20-Oct Gibraltar

22-Oct Funchal, Madeira, Portugal

29-Oct Arrival Tampa for winter season 16/17

Port schedules indicate that Rhapsody of the Seas should return to Brazil for the South American season 2016/2017 following her deployment for the European Season 2016.

While the April 2016 TA is open for sale for arrival in Barcelona, Rhapsody should do a series of Eastern and Western MED itineraries calling on such ports as Valencia and Naples among others.

Rhapsody leaves the MED with calls at Lisbon on the 19th of November 2016, Funchal, Madeira, Portugal on the 21st of November and then the 23rd of November at Tenerife on her way to Brazil arriving in Rio around the 1 of December, 2016.

I would like a good X or RCI ship sailing out of Charleston. The anti-cruise lobby is pretty ferocious though.

You're right Sherri those old time Charlestonians don't want any more RIF Raf like that Rhett Butler sailing any more of their beautiful harbors and causing Trouble!!!

Let's storm the docks with Enchantment, Celebrity and other pretty little ships!

Cheryl

So what's everyone's guess on which ship out of Harwich for Baltics 2016 ?

At least mine, IMHO there are several options.

Radiance, maybe even a Voyager Class ship or Vision otS.

Serenade surely keeps on sailing from Copenhagen and Stockholm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You're right Sherri those old time Charlestonians don't want any more RIF Raf like that Rhett Butler sailing any more of their beautiful harbors and causing Trouble!!!

Let's storm the docks with Enchantment, Celebrity and other pretty little ships!

Cheryl

A lot of the lobby is from environmental groups too. I do have to say thata my SIL, who works downtown, says that traffic is bad when ships are in town. I don't know if that is from embarking/disembarking passengers or port stops.

Embarking and disembarking passengers spend more for hotels, meals etc. than cruisers just stopping in Charleston for the day as many do not patronize the restaurants. However, I would think they would do tours etc. that would bring in revenue.

Edited by SherriZ366

So what's everyone's guess on which ship out of Harwich for Baltics 2016 ?

At least mine, IMHO there are several options.

Radiance, maybe even a Voyager Class ship or Vision otS.

Serenade surely keeps on sailing from Copenhagen and Stockholm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I hope it's still a Radiance class for the next few years. That cruise is high on my list of possibilities for a belated birthday cruise in 2018 :D

A lot of the lobby is from environmental groups too. I do have to say thata my SIL, who works downtown, says that traffic is bad when ships are in town. I don't know if that is from embarking/disembarking passengers or port stops.

Embarking and disembarking passengers spend more for hotels, meals etc. than cruisers just stopping in Charleston for the day as many do not patronize the restaurants. However, I would think they would do tours etc. that would bring in revenue.

Sherri, the streets are very crowded on days when ships are in town, but that is rare as there are very few ships that dock in Charleston for the day. The only ship that sails out of Charleston is the Carnival Fantasy (?) and I think she mainly does 5 day cruises. We do have a lot of cargo ships. BMW loads up cars all the time.

I do know that there is a big environmental lobby not wanting ships in town. Charleston has been rated the number 1 and number 2 best tourist city in the world for several years now. It is full of history and beauty, but traffic can be a problem for this little city!

Cheryl

Sherri, the streets are very crowded on days when ships are in town, but that is rare as there are very few ships that dock in Charleston for the day. The only ship that sails out of Charleston is the Carnival Fantasy (?) and I think she mainly does 5 day cruises. We do have a lot of cargo ships. BMW loads up cars all the time.

I do know that there is a big environmental lobby not wanting ships in town. Charleston has been rated the number 1 and number 2 best tourist city in the world for several years now. It is full of history and beauty, but traffic can be a problem for this little city!

Cheryl

I've seen the Fantasy when it sailed out and I was on the bridge heading for Wild Dunes.

Vision did port stops over the summer for their cruise that left from Fort Lauderdale and did Bermuda and Bahamas in addition to Charleston.

I've seen the cargo ships sailing in when we drive to DI. It is interesting how Charleston's port is interspersed around the city. We are closer to Savannah (where SIL's family lives and he and DD lived for 5 years) and the port is in a more contained area (past the Talmadge bridge).

Edited by SherriZ366

Allure of the Seas, you can book up to end of May 2016 - ok, this might be subject to change, but I think, after that particular cruise starting in May,she is unlikely to head to Europe in June...

So I'd reckon that in June Oasis might sail Europe, or the new Oasis III...

Oh no, please say it ain't so!!! LeSigh!

We were originally going to sail on May 29th, but the daughter's graduation is the Tuesday after Memorial Day. So, we have to sail the following weekend. Geez, schools just don't make things easy for a parent when planning a cruise! :rolleyes: :D

Again, FWIW, someone on Facebook reported that one difference in the 3rd Oasis class is the pool in the solarium maybe more like the pool in the Quantum solarium (A real pool) I've always thought the pool in Allure's solarium was about worthless.

Oh no, please say it ain't so!!! LeSigh!

We were originally going to sail on May 29th, but the daughter's graduation is the Tuesday after Memorial Day. So, we have to sail the following weekend. Geez, schools just don't make things easy for a parent when planning a cruise! :rolleyes: :D

But if you look for Allure in June 2016 and Oasis sails Europe in Europe 2016, what's your actual problem? ;)

And, unless which ship sails Europe, and which stays in Florida: At least one of those two ships should stay at Florida - and would it make a difference for you, if Oasis or Allure? ;)

I think the lifting of the cruise ship ban (> 96'000 GT) at Venice might affect RCI's Europe deployment... we will see.

At least in one german travel agency Navigator otS is showed as "sold out" between January and April 2016 - might it just be a system failure or may RCI plan some major changings regarding her deployment?? :confused: