Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

http://portno.com/vessel-schedules

Looks like Splendour will sail from New Orleans Fall/winter 2015

Thank you for the helpful, interesting link!!!! :)

Strange competition between the two main competitors:

The large CARNIVAL DREAM (up to 4600 pax) vs the far smaller and older SPLENDOUR OF THE SEAS (up to 2064 pax)... although I would book SPLENDOUR! :D

Hmm, lets see where ADVENTURE will be deployed than... :confused: - year round in Europe - could it be realistic??

Edited by celebrity_fan

In the open public records of Port of Galveston,

in the Capital Investment Plan 2014-2015

from Qtr 4 2013 - Qtr 2 2015 with completion,

$11,050,000 will be spent on Expansion and Improvements to Terminal #2.

Also minutes of recent special board meetings reflect

discussion of the larger RCCL vessel coming fall 2015,

and new operating agreement with RCCL being negotiated.

The Agenda for port meeting next week reflects

Discuss and consider approval of Operating Agreement

between Port of Galveston and Royal Caribbean Cruises from terminal#2.

This in addition to what Captain on Navigator was saying openly the last couple of months about

Freedom Class coming to Galveston.

Great stuff.

Wish they'd let Fertitta do his thing along that dock too:D

I hope they won´t place a ship on the west coast again.

There is really nowhere for such a ship to go to other than Mexico:eek:

It´s like the old saying any day on a cruise is better than a day at work, well nope if it´s a cruise to Mexico, in that case I´d rather go to work.

I would not like to see RCI tie up a ship there, when they could offer soooo much better itineraries with that ship elsewhere in the world. To me it would be sort of a lost ship.

I´ve been to the MR a few times on Cruises at times pre all the bad press Mexico got and I can tell you it wasn´t pleasant back then and the last time I had to sail along on a longer cruise I refused even to step foot on land.:eek:

Can also go north SD, SF, SB Monterrey, Catalina, Astoria, Seattle - don't know if Vancouver would be allowed - Jones Act. Celebrity wine cruise was 10 days Vancouver to SD when I did it.

Thank you for the helpful, interesting link!!!! :)

Strange competition between the two main competitors:

The large CARNIVAL DREAM (up to 4600 pax) vs the far smaller and older SPLENDOUR OF THE SEAS (up to 2064 pax)... although I would book SPLENDOUR! :D

Hmm, lets see where ADVENTURE will be deployed than... :confused: - year round in Europe - could it be realistic??

I don't see Royal keeping a ship in Europe year round at this time. They have been pursuing a strategy of growing the European winter market with strategic partnerships involving established European tour operators -Pullmantour/ CDF, Mein Schiff (TUI Germany). They have moved and will continue to move vessels from the RCCL/Celebrity fleets to these brands to facilitate growth. If RCCL were to base ANY ship year round in Europe in winter 2015/16 it would have been Anthem from Southampton as she is ideal for UK/Canaries winter cruising. I suspect Anthem will do 6&8 night ruises (replacing Independence) once she reaches her new winter home port in FLL. Indy most likely goes to PCN to replace Freedom.

If Splendour comes to NOLA, as seems the case, then RCCL may send another ship down south for the Brazilian cruises. I could see Adventure heading in that direction. She has a long history in SJU which caters to a large Latin market and may do well in South America. The question is can the Brazilian ports handle a ship the size of Adventure?

Alternatively I could see The Rhapsody heading south after her summer 2015 Europe season, and Adventure replacing Majesty in the 3/4nt market from Miami or even swapping with Enchantment in Port Canaveral and Enchantment heading to Miami. Enchantments large Boleros would seem well suited for the Miami short cruise demographics.

I fully expect Majesty to be retired with the start up of the winter 2015 season when all the ships return from Europe including the Anthem. This will have a cascade effect and I think it will be the perfect timing for RCCL to transfer Majesty to Pullmantour to join her siblings Serenade and Monarch. Many of us will be sad to see this piece of Royals history go, but I think her days are VERY limited.

Any way you look at it I think there will be LOTS of shuffling of ships in winter 2015/16.

Looks like Jewel will do 2 Pacific Coastal cruises out of LA visiting Monterey CA

http://www.monterey.org/en-us/departments/harbormarina/cruiseshipandtallshipvisits.aspx

I fully expect Jewel to do a Trans Pacific after her short fall 2015 west coast stint. My guess is she will head to Aus/NZ to replace Rhapsody. There are new EPA laws going into effect that will make it extremely costly for Rhapsody to sail in Alaska in future, but the Radiance class can comply with those regs easily and cost effectively due to her gas turbine engines, hence the ship shuffle. The Jewel also has a few more berths - 2100 double occupancy (2486 max) vs. 1998 (2416) on Rhapsody. She has many more balcony cabins and fewer insides. All of this should mean higher average fares in both markets for Royal.

I

If Splendour comes to NOLA, as seems the case, then RCCL may send another ship down south for the Brazilian cruises. I could see Adventure heading in that direction. She has a long history in SJU which caters to a large Latin market and may do well in South America. The question is can the Brazilian ports handle a ship the size of Adventure?

Alternatively I could see The Rhapsody heading south after her summer 2015 Europe season,

Could be an option. Yes, ADVENTURE should be able to call the Brazilian ports, MSC also deploys PREZIOSA in Brazil which is even larger than ADVENTURE (139072 GT, 333 m long - ADVENTURE 137276 GT, 311 m long).

But it also would be great too see an RCI ship doing the Cape Horn cruises!! :)

Of course, RHAPSODY could also be an option.

And I expect that ANTHEM will offer the 6-8 night cruises out of Fort Lauderdale.

There you might be right that INDEPENDENCE will replace FREEDOM out of Port Canaveral or INDEPENDENCE (or maybe LIBERTY) may move to Galveston in order to replace NAVIGATOR, which seems to sail out of San Juan year-round.

There is also the rumor that ALLURE will come to Europe a full season and may replace LIBERTY on the 7 nighter out of Barcelona - also she was listed in Rome every Thursday several weeks ago (ports before and after Rome: La Spezia and Naples), so there might be new options for LIBERTY.

ALLURE definitely must come to Europe for the dry dock.

It may make sense to deploy her a full season in the Caribbean.

Allure could be dry docked in Asia also.

Could she?

To Asia it would be a huge effort, she must pass Europe when going to Asia.

BTW: I do not think that JEWEL will sail Australia/NZ after the Alaska season.

In St Maarten she is listed from late Nov 2015 so there should be a Panama cruise eastbound in October.

I think RHAPSODY will be replaced by MARINER...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Could she?

To Asia it would be a huge effort, she must pass Europe when going to Asia.

BTW: I do not think that JEWEL will sail Australia/NZ after the Alaska season.

In St Maarten she is listed from late Nov 2015 so there should be a Panama cruise eastbound in October.

I think RHAPSODY will be replaced by MARINER...

Something has to replace Mariner in Asia if she comes to Oz. The gambling market in Asia brings in to too much revenue for Royal Caribbean. $$$

Looks like Jewel will do 2 Pacific Coastal cruises out of LA visiting Monterey CA

http://www.monterey.org/en-us/departments/harbormarina/cruiseshipandtallshipvisits.aspx

I saw that this morning. Wife is stoked....we can stop at the house for a little bit :D Looks like a varying stop sequence when put together with the LA dates. My HP tabs are set for every port calendar I can find....just waiting for San Diego to post, as I can't make a schedule work out on paper just yet.

I fully expect Jewel to do a Trans Pacific after her short fall 2015 west coast stint. My guess is she will head to Aus/NZ to replace Rhapsody.

Jewel appears on the St. Maarteen calendar for November 24th, so the Trans-Pacific probably won't be happening.

Something has to replace Mariner in Asia if she comes to Oz. The gambling market in Asia brings in to too much revenue for Royal Caribbean. $$$

I could imagine EXPLORER for Asia. She will be replaced by QUANTUM from Nov 14 and there are many rumors that she could come to Asia.

EXPLORER could also do both Asia and Australia and MARINER stays in Asia...

I saw that this morning. Wife is stoked....we can stop at the house for a little bit :D Looks like a varying stop sequence when put together with the LA dates. My HP tabs are set for every port calendar I can find....just waiting for San Diego to post, as I can't make a schedule work out on paper just yet.

Something like this

Pacific Coastal Cruise

Celebrity Century

Date Port/City Activity Arrival Departure

Day 1 Los Angeles, California 4:00 PM

Day 2 Santa Barbara, California Tendered 7:00 AM 5:00 PM

Day 3 San Francisco, California Docked 2:00 PM

Day 4 San Francisco, California Docked 8:00 PM

Day 5 Monterey, California Tendered 7:00 AM 4:00 PM

Day 6 Catalina Island, California Tendered 12:00 PM 8:00 PM

Day 7 Ensenada, Mexico Docked 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Day 8 Los Angeles, California 7:00 AM

Edited by RCKRZR

Something like this

Date Port/City Activity Arrival Departure

Day 1 Los Angeles, California 4:00 PM

Day 2 Santa Barbara, California Tendered 7:00 AM 5:00 PM

Day 3 San Francisco, California Docked 2:00 PM

Day 4 San Francisco, California Docked 8:00 PM

Day 5 Monterey, California Tendered 7:00 AM 4:00 PM

Day 6 Catalina Island, California Tendered 12:00 PM 8:00 PM

Day 7 Ensenada, Mexico Docked 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Day 8 Los Angeles, California 7:00 AM

I was thinking along those lines, but my mind was stuck on the San Diego departure point, and with that I couldn't make it work. I need to change that mindset, and assume these trips will be from LA, and also assume the May 2015 northbound move will be from San Diego via Catalina Island.

I really don't see Enchantment going anywhere anytime soon. Those 3/4 day cruises out of PC are a money maker. Plus the Enchantment hasn't been here long.

I do see Majesty leaving the fleet without replacing a ship to Miami. On my last cruise I have talked to many fellow cruisers who believe RCCL will not have any ships in Miami once Majesty moves on.

In terms of Port Canaveral here is what I think will happen.

Enchantment stays

Freedom is replaced by Oasis

3rd ship to be seasonally placed here. Maybe Indy.

When Majesty leaves the fleet (probably in 2016, after they have 3 new ships in the fleet -- two in the Quantum class and another in the Oasis class) it will be replaced. Just like the Enchantment 3/4 day cruises are very successful and profitable, so are the 3/4 day cruises that Majesty does. They will replace Majesty with one of the other ships....When we cruised on her in November 2013, there was talk among the crew that it could be Navigator to replace her. Time will tell, for sure.

When Majesty leaves the fleet (probably in 2016, after they have 3 new ships in the fleet -- two in the Quantum class and another in the Oasis class) it will be replaced. Just like the Enchantment 3/4 day cruises are very successful and profitable, so are the 3/4 day cruises that Majesty does. They will replace Majesty with one of the other ships....When we cruised on her in November 2013, there was talk among the crew that it could be Navigator to replace her. Time will tell, for sure.

While the 3/4 day cruises appear to be quite successful I doubt that they would replace the Majesty with the Navigator. Quite often RCI needs to discount these prices down to as low as $99 to fill the ship. Not sure that they would almost want to double the capacity for these short cruises. More likely you would see a vision class ship replace her.

So what replaces Jewel?

From San Juan?

NAVIGATOR seems to sail year-round from San Juan from May 2015.

JEWEL seems to return in Nov 2015, she is listed in St maarten from late Nov 2015 again: http://201.220.14.27/sxmonline/VesselScheduleCruise.aspx

So from winter 2015 we seem to have JEWEL and NVAIGATOR sailing from San Juan and ADVENTURE is going somewhere else.

So we should have at least one Radiance ship on Panama Cruises again!!! :D

While the 3/4 day cruises appear to be quite successful I doubt that they would replace the Majesty with the Navigator. Quite often RCI needs to discount these prices down to as low as $99 to fill the ship. Not sure that they would almost want to double the capacity for these short cruises. More likely you would see a vision class ship replace her.

You may be right, but there's another reason for discounting MJ. The ship doesn't offer much. With more entertainment venues and more dining venues, the price and capacity can increase. NV is viable in that market.

You may be right, but there's another reason for discounting MJ. The ship doesn't offer much. With more entertainment venues and more dining venues, the price and capacity can increase. NV is viable in that market.

Good points about the added venues I just can't see doubling the capacity and putting a newly renovated ship in doing the short cruises. Even the Enchantment that was renovated still has a hard time selling out a lot of times.

I remember seeing on the RCCL website that Explorer will be doing some ABC island sailings out of PC in 2015. It would be nice to do that itinerary without flying to San Juan if this is true.

Not only is it true, but I'm already booked on one. 9 nights will be nice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

We are frequent cruisers on Majesty, for the short weekend cruise simply because we live nearby and can get away easily. We book the cabin we want and know what a very good price is for that cabin. In all the cruises we have taken, there has been one instance where they discounted the rate to $99, and it was for an inside cabin in a very low deck.

This ship goes out full all the time....and rarely can you get 'outrageous prices' (as you have described) even 4-7 days prior to sailing.

As far as what class of ship will replace Her Majesty....it may not be Navigator -- that is simply what a fairly high level employee on board told us previously -- and if it is a Vision class ship that is fine. It will have a few more things for people to do on board and offer a great vacation cruise.

My personal hope is that the ship sail from Fort Lauderdale, since that is even closer to my home.