Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

I just don't see how Oasis class could fit in the channel, Voyager barely had room to turn around...had to go in further and then turn and I watched one morning, felt like she barely fit in there!:eek:

Would have to be some major widening of the channel and moving stuff around on the far side industrial shipping for her to fit...just saying.

I just don't see how Oasis class could fit in the channel, Voyager barely had room to turn around...had to go in further and then turn and I watched one morning, felt like she barely fit in there!:eek:

Would have to be some major widening of the channel and moving stuff around on the far side industrial shipping for her to fit...just saying.

I agree and the Freedom class is approx 92 ft longer than Voyager class.

So they will have to do something to the Channel

I think the Oasis is another 70ft so If they have to widen it makes sense to make it available for all options.

If they cant do it a Boliver

Maybe do a turn around further down the channel, past the terminal, before the bridge. IDK:confused:

We Galveston shall welcome Freedom Class!!!!:)

The only Classes available then can be Freedom, Quantum or Oasis.

Presently there are 3 new Quantum ships being built

So some day we may see a Quantum or Oasis out of Galveston.

I was actually told that those two were options

for Galveston on our TA Navigator in November 2013.

But, IMHO, it is very unlikely to have a Quantum or Oasis ship already in 2015 sailing from Galveston!? ;)

QUANTUM is very likely to sail year-round from Cape Liberty, Anthem sails Europe in summer 2015 and from Fort Lauderdale in winter 2015/16, OASIS and ALLURE surely keep on sailing from Fort Lauderdale (or the latter one moves to Europe).

So the only option for Galveston in 2015 could be INDEPENDENCE (or LIBERTY, if she is not sailing Europe again in 2015)... :)

But, IMHO, it is very unlikely to have a Quantum or Oasis ship already in 2015 sailing from Galveston!? ;)

QUANTUM is very likely to sail year-round from Cape Liberty, Anthem sails Europe in summer 2015 and from Fort Lauderdale in winter 2015/16, OASIS and ALLURE surely keep on sailing from Fort Lauderdale (or the latter one moves to Europe).

So the only option for Galveston in 2015 could be INDEPENDENCE (or LIBERTY, if she is not sailing Europe again in 2015)... :)

I agree unlikely in 2015 also!

Freedom is what you and others are concluding also,

by reasoning of present deployments.... and Captain of Navigator and others are saying from ships.

Sounds very reasonable.

The agreement says bigger ship so Freedom Class is logical conclusion!

And those are ones left open I guess for deployments.

I have not checked out the deployment scenarios myself.

Agreement says bigger ship if terminal improved.

Any bigger ship is welcome.

Either one is welcome in 2015.

What the future holds with ones on water, and all the new ships presently being built,

and ones on order, and those not on order with options, and the ones in the future

presents interesting possiblities.

The market and demand will dictate.

Edited by ssb

I agree and the Freedom class is approx 92 ft longer than Voyager class.

So they will have to do something to the Channel

I think the Oasis is another 70ft so If they have to widen it makes sense to make it available for all options.

If they cant do it a Boliver

Maybe do a turn around further down the channel, past the terminal, before the bridge. IDK:confused:

I would think the turning basin back half way back towards the Houston Channel is where the question lies and probably where the answer is.

How wide is it there presently and how easy it would be to widen it there, if needed! Visually there was mucho plenty of room on both sides of Magic when it turned around there last Sunday. Depth is another question!

But present conditions and facts and money can solve these matters.

If the market and demand is here

any contracts with RCCL presently and in future that provide enough money to Port Of Galveston to pay for instrastucture, the Port will do it. They are doing now for 2015!

There are present issues in terminal facilities that are being addressed I hope?????

Edited by ssb

I just saw the posts mentioned above. We are booked on our first cruise. We are booked on Enchantment in August 2014. Is there any chance that the changes would occur prior to our sailing? Just hoping that our first cruise goes off without a hitch.

I just saw the posts mentioned above. We are booked on our first cruise. We are booked on Enchantment in August 2014. Is there any chance that the changes would occur prior to our sailing? Just hoping that our first cruise goes off without a hitch.

This is just a speculation post. Talking about what options Royal Caribbean could do with the fleet when they deploy after April 2015.

You will be OK on the Enchantment.

This thread is all about guessing about what deployments RCCL will make for its' future sailings. If you are booked on a cruise, you know what it will be.

Edited by Paulette3028

We are frequent cruisers on Majesty, for the short weekend cruise simply because we live nearby and can get away easily. We book the cabin we want and know what a very good price is for that cabin. In all the cruises we have taken, there has been one instance where they discounted the rate to $99, and it was for an inside cabin in a very low deck.

This ship goes out full all the time....and rarely can you get 'outrageous prices' (as you have described) even 4-7 days prior to sailing.

As far as what class of ship will replace Her Majesty....it may not be Navigator -- that is simply what a fairly high level employee on board told us previously -- and if it is a Vision class ship that is fine. It will have a few more things for people to do on board and offer a great vacation cruise.

My personal hope is that the ship sail from Fort Lauderdale, since that is even closer to my home.

4-day on Feb 3rd is $129 + fees right now. Deck 8 outside. insides are $119

Than it is more or less official that INDEPENDENCE might offer the Galveston cruises.

Than I expect FREEDOM to stay in Port Canaveral.

Just a question regadring LIBERTY: is it just a rumor that ALLURE might be in Europe for a whole season doing the 7-night-med cruise out of Barcelona or is it fact?

I think if ALLURE just came to Europe for the classification, than LIBERTY should also do the Barcelona route in 2015.

If not, what could she do?? :confused::confused:

no facts on Cruise Critic, just conjecture and supposition :rolleyes:

Winter

Splendour goes to New Orleans

Rapsody goes to South America, replacing Splendour.

A Voyager class could use the brazilian ports. The problem is that the Argentinian Government does not allow a ship of this size to cruise through Rio de La Plata, so it would not be able to go to Buenos Aires. It would have to go to the brazilian northeast region (Salvador, Ilheus) and Rio de Janeiro. I don´t think it is going to happen.

A Radiance Class could work, but I don´t think it is going to happen.

4-day on Feb 3rd is $129 + fees right now. Deck 8 outside. insides are $119

And NEITHER of these prices are the $99 that have been alluded to ....the cruise is a few, very few days away....and the cruise line may have had a few last minute cancellations (oh gee, some sick folks may have decided NOT to potentially infect others on board).

How about the new Quantum class ship - Anthem is it? Isn't it due to come out late 2015? When will it appear for booking? Where will it go?

Interesting that Jewel may go to Los Angeles...! Where will it cruise to - Alaska? or somewhere along Calif coast?

Anthem is going to spend summer in Southampton England, and winter in Fort Lauderdale.

Waiting to see what the Anthem itinerary are like, I'd love to get on a brand new ship. I'm hoping they don't move Freedom too far, I would love to go for another cruise on her.

Winter

Is it already fact??

A Voyager class could use the brazilian ports. The problem is that the Argentinian Government does not allow a ship of this size to cruise through Rio de La Plata, so it would not be able to go to Buenos Aires. It would have to go to the brazilian northeast region (Salvador, Ilheus) and Rio de Janeiro. I don´t think it is going to happen.

A Radiance Class could work, but I don´t think it is going to happen.

The only possible candidate might be BRILLIANCE, although I think it is pretty unlikely...

RADIANCE - Australia/NZ

BRILLIANCE - Caribbean from Tampa or South America???

SERENADE - Caribbean (longer) from Fort Lauderdale an Panama

JEWEL - Caribbean from San Juan.

IMHO these are the deployments for the Radiance ships for winter 2015/16.

Could it be possible that RCI brings us the Cape Horn cruises back???

I am wondering why SPLENDOUR goes to New Orleans (I also saw it in the cruise call list), she is older and smaller than NORWEGIAN DAWN and far older and smaller than CARNIVAL DREAM, which both are also sailing from New Orleans... but I think RCI has particular reasons...

Winter

This is a fun thread, but I'd personally love to keep track of what some of the facts that have been discovered truly are:

• Rhapsody for sure in Rome summer 2015 (this ship in Rome's port list and is already repositioning from Sydney to Istanbul)
  • Jewel for sure in LA Sept/Oct 2015 (per San Pedro & Catalina's port Schedule). Will Jewel do Alaska in place of Rhapsody? Jewel found to be back in Carribean in winter so no TransPacific for Jewel.....
  • Therefore what ship, if any, goes to Australia?
  • Navigator as been found to be calling St. Maarten, Adventurer seems to be no where in Caribbean in 2015, so assumption Navigator goes to San Juan because.....
  • Galveston expecting a larger class of ship. Does not show on Port schedule yet but commitment to expand port in preparation for Freedom Class
  • I believe Serenade has been seen in Europe port schedules for 2015. Please correct this point if this is untrue
  • While Singapore's and Sydney's ports are being expanded, there's no ships posed on their port schedules

Have I missed any "for sure's" out of this list?

Now there's been a lot of guessing from the above:

• Australia/Asia to get a Freedom Class ship due to port expansions, but nothing in their port schedules yet. How would a Freedom class ship sail there? Repo from Euopre through Suez??
  • Splendour, is she posted on a port schedule in the Caribbean or in NOLA in 2015? Where is this info coming from?
  • Many assumptions that Majesty will be retired 2015, and replaced. By which ship? Vision? Huge latin market the two times I've been on that ship, they need a ship with Boleros or dedicated Latin themed lounge... or there's the thought that RCL abandons Miami all together and sails the 3/4 Bahamas cruise out of FLL instead. The Vision I just came off of in Nov was FANTASTIC in the latin market, would work perfectly.

Any other thoughts that seem to fit the puzzle?? :)

I would love to see more points added to the first list when we see more ships posted in various port schedules around the world rather than just pretending/guessing. I found it fascinating following the Rhapsody thread a few months ago when we CC'ers figured out the scoop (more or less) on Rhapsody a month before the repo was announced :D:D

Is it already fact??

The only possible candidate might be BRILLIANCE, although I think it is pretty unlikely...

RADIANCE - Australia/NZ

BRILLIANCE - Caribbean from Tampa or South America???

SERENADE - Caribbean (longer) from Fort Lauderdale an Panama

JEWEL - Caribbean from San Juan.

IMHO these are the deployments for the Radiance ships for winter 2015/16.

Could it be possible that RCI brings us the Cape Horn cruises back???

I am wondering why SPLENDOUR goes to New Orleans (I also saw it in the cruise call list), she is older and smaller than NORWEGIAN DAWN and far older and smaller than CARNIVAL DREAM, which both are also sailing from New Orleans... but I think RCI has particular reasons...

99% sure Brilliance can't sail from Tampa, because it cannot clear the bridge.

Splendour is on the New Orleans Port schedule (winter 2015).

Rhapsody appears on the Buenos Aires and Montevideo port schedule.

It might change but it seens to be a good info.

Yeah the New Orleans port schedule I have seen already. :)

But i did not know that there are also schedules for Buenos Aires and Montevideo?? Thanks!!!

Could you please post a link of the schedules?? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

99% sure Brilliance can't sail from Tampa, because it cannot clear the bridge.

100% incorrect. Currently sailing from Tampa.

Edit...sorry did not see the post already stating this. I was busy typing real slow.

Edited by looking4info

Splendour is on the New Orleans Port schedule (winter 2015).

Rhapsody appears on the Buenos Aires and Montevideo port schedule.

It might change but it seens to be a good info.

Aha!!! So Rhapsody takes over Splendour 7 day itineraries perhaps in summer and TA's across the pond to take over for Splendour in South America. Got it.

That repo the Splendour may have up to the Caribbean (Galveston??)could be an awesome itinerary :D

Brilliance is sailing from Tampa right now.

And has been since it repositioned from Boston in late October. Before that Jewel of the Seas, which is the same height as Brilliance, sailed out of Tampa for years. Think that if they were too tall, they would have noticed by now.;)

Yeah the New Orleans port schedule I have seen already. :)

But i did not know that there are also schedules for Buenos Aires and Montevideo?? Thanks!!!

Could you please post a link of the schedules?? ;)

Buenos Aires - http://www.puertobuenosaires.gov.ar/moduloGRAL.php?p=temppostprox

Montevideo- http://www.anp.com.uy/inicio/sistemas/montevideo/consultas_sobre_arribos/arribos_previstos/

I hope it works. :-)