Bread!

Baded

Last week my DW and I got off the EOS and noticed that when they bring bread durning dinner in the MDR they just leave the bread at the table. They don't walk around and ask what you want, no big deal just a little change. Also I want to thank everyone in section 2 during the QUEST. Thanks we won!

:D :cool: :eek:

I sure hope that is a change fleetwide! I never liked the way they would bring around the basket as soon as you sit down then most times you wouldn't see it again.

Agreed. I'm perfectly content getting my own bread and not being asked what kind I want. Always just seemed like a lame attempt to appear "classy" or upscale.....

But we rarely go to MDR any more so I guess it doesn't matter either way:D

Edited by bouhunter

Last week my DW and I got off the EOS and noticed that when they bring bread durning dinner in the MDR they just leave the bread at the table. They don't walk around and ask what you want, no big deal just a little change. Also I want to thank everyone in section 2 during the QUEST. Thanks we won!

EOS as in Enchantment or Explorer? Seems that Enchantment is doing that lately, haven't heard of anyother ship doing it though.

EOS as in Enchantment or Explorer? Seems that Enchantment is doing that lately, haven't heard of anyother ship doing it though.

From his posting history and location, this Sherlock Holmes has concluded that he means the Enchantment.

:D

I looked it up, it was Enchantment. I'm sad to hear this, not only because IMO it signifies a decline in service, but also it gives others an opportunity to touch the bread and savory bites. When Assistant Waiter offers, s/he uses tongs and explains what each bread is. Bummer. I too hope this isn't going to be fleet wide. Maybe it was only Enchantment, or dare I say, only that one section of the MDR? :confused::(

From his posting history and location, this Sherlock Holmes has concluded that he means the Enchantment.

:D

Ok Sherlock, some people have signatures hidden, or like me, are reading on a mobile device that does not show signatures.

I looked it up, it was Enchantment. I'm sad to hear this, not only because IMO it signifies a decline in service, but also it gives others an opportunity to touch the bread and savory bites. When Assistant Waiter offers, s/he uses tongs and explains what each bread is. Bummer. I too hope this isn't going to be fleet wide. Maybe it was only Enchantment, or dare I say, only that one section of the MDR? :confused::(

:cool: I agree. I like them coming around and asking. Besides, there's not enough room for a bread bowl on the table. :cool:

I hope it's not a permanent change. I can't help but wonder what they will do with the bread that's not eaten but still sitting in the basket at the end of the meal? And how do they know those people at the table haven't handled them? :eek:

I hope it's not a permanent change. I can't help but wonder what they will do with the bread that's not eaten but still sitting in the basket at the end of the meal? And how do they know those people at the table haven't handled them? :eek:

It will be thrown out. Once any food leaves the kitchen it must be disposed of and cannot be reused.

I kind of like it both ways (I'm either very difficult or very easy to please). The problem when they bring it around, as some have noted, is that you may never see it again as the meal progresses.

OTOH I've had noro. The fewer people handling my food the better; and maybe I'm being naive but I think most of the cooks and servers have pretty good hand washing skills. Based on the passengers that I've observed using the public rest rooms and leaving w/o WASHING :eek: I'm not so sure about all my fellow cruisers.

Funny how people react to change. Until 5-10 years ago, they always had the bread in a basket at the table. When they switched to bringing it around, people called it a decline in service. Now when they switch back, it's called a decline in service.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If leaving bread on the table can speed up the service of everything else, I'm all for it. For the past few years (since they started serving the bread maybe) it has felt to me like dinners are taking longer to serve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

We are always at a table with 6 or 8 family members so am not worried about anyone handling the bread. But for those who are worried- maybe they leave the tongs in the basket- I would hope so.

But in the long run, I have no idea who has handled the bread before it gets to me so am not concerned about it.

As someone mentioned, bread basket on the table was how it was done back in the day when you never heard anything about Noro. Just sayin'.

And you noticed this when you got off the ship?

I sure hope that is a change fleetwide! I never liked the way they would bring around the basket as soon as you sit down then most times you wouldn't see it again.

My experience is the exact opposite. I was always offered bread several times throughout the meal and they observed the bread plates to offer more bread. I never ran out of bread on any cruise this way.

Now on the other Hand with the bread basket on the table there´s just one or two of each Kind in the basket it´s much less easy for everyone to get their favourite and to get refills of the basket. To get a refill you usually have to flag down the Server. If they are serving the bread and they ran out of let´s say savory bites, they will make sure you get them without even asking.

As soon as they have Noro onboard it will be back to serving again anyway.

The last question of your post can be applied to the Windjammer and Solarium Bistro.

I was told by the waiter that for "My time dining" they leave the basket on the table, because of the varied seating times. We've only used "My time" for the past couple years, so I'm not sure it this is correct.

Three cruises last year. First - traditional late seating at a four top and bread was served to us while the 3 adjacent 8 - 12 tops had the baskets left on the table.

Second - MTD with a standing ressie time. Bread was served to us. Third - MTD just showing up, but, same table every night, the bread was left on the table. May depend on the ship? Or the sailing? YMMV :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk