Silliest Comment You've Heard

AlohaPride

On a tender going into Grand Cayman it was very hot in the tender. A lady told another lady that "if the tender is used to abandon ship then they turn the air conditioning on" I wanted to chime in that they also open up the hot tub and the wine bar - but I held my tongue.

Mine was sitting behind two guys on a tender. The whole way in they were talking about how excited they were and what they were doing that day in Monte Carlo.......only problem was we were in Cannes so wrong city and wrong country :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Actually not very funny because it is easy to get to Monte Carlo from Cannes. The cruise ships calling at Cannes usually have excursions to Monte Carlo. It is a 54 minute drive from Cannes. :rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

Why would you view this as silly? Monte Carlo is less than an hour's drive from Cannes and they could very easily have planned an excursion to visit Monaco.

Apparently I am being misunderstood here, these guys thought the tender was dropping them off in MC. They did not even know the ships itinerary, anyway it was funny to me sorry if others don't think so:rolleyes::rolleyes: having been to both, I was aware of the proximity. The ship actually had a later port of call in Monte Carlo.

Edited by KirkNC

One of my favorite comments was designed to be intentionally humorous.

It was the last night of a two week cruise and the staff had removed the "day of the week" carpets from the elevators. The door opened and the gentleman next to us said, "Oh no! We've sailed into a time warp."

One of my favorite comments was designed to be intentionally humorous.

It was the last night of a two week cruise and the staff had removed the "day of the week" carpets from the elevators. The door opened and the gentleman next to us said, "Oh no! We've sailed into a time warp."

LOL! Best place to be caught in a time warp!

Sent from my SGH-T779 using Tapatalk

My favorite was just this past few weeks on the Statendam elevators where its marked UP--meaning Upper Promenade and even after 2 weeks on board people were complaining that the elevators were going DOWN when they were marked UP!!

That's me, every cruise :D Though I am not complaining, just going :confused: why is the elevator going down even though it says "UP" :D

Just start talking alternatives to him going, like either a single for her or getting a lady friend to share the cabin ... in his presence of course ... and he may just decide he doesn't want to be left home!

Back in the mid 90s, after I'd taken my first cruise (with a dear, long time friend), I was trying to convince my DH to go on a cruise (2 years later) for our 25th anniversary as we'd never had a honeymoon. He hemmed and hawed and gave me all kinds of excuses and "what ifs". After a year of that, I told him, "here's what's going to happen - I'm going on a cruise for our 25th anniversary. You can come or not. I'm paying." Another year later, as we were walking off the ship, he said, "I'm ready to go again." :D Maybe she should try something like that.

I have a couple:

This January, on the Noordam, we were on one of the elevators, taking it from deck 10 (as high as it went) down to deck 3. A woman got on at deck 8 and complained that the light outside the elevator didn't indicate whether it was going up or down. "I swear," she said, "These elevators aren't working properly!" I'm sorry, but I just couldn't hold it in so I replied, "Well, they DO seem to be going up and down okay." Some guy behind me chuckled.

This past summer, on Voyage of the Vikings, we were scheduled to visit Qaqortoq, Greenland. That morning we awoke to a plethora of icebergs and bergie bits surrounding us. Looking toward land, all you could see were ice floes and bergie bits. The captain announced he would try to find a way around them, if possible, as, according to the reports from the shore, it was free of ice. He announced he didn't want to get us iced in, so he was going to be very cautious and wouldn't go in if there was a chance of that. By lunch time, we still weren't in port, but the captain had already made a couple of announcements as to his intentions. DH and I went to the Lido to eat and I overheard a woman sitting behind us complain to her husband, "The bridge isn't doing a very good job keeping us informed as to what's happening!" DH just rolled his eyes. I said to him (loudly enough so this woman could hear me), "Does she not see all this ice floating around us? Doesn't she think they might be just a tad busy keeping us safe by steering us around all this ice?" They left, leaving us to quietly enjoy the view.

When I've told people I've been on HAL, they said 'wow, with your grandma?'.

Definitely there is a reputation out there around HAL filled with only 80 year olds. With that said, when I'm 80, if I get there, and I can still cruise, guess where I will be? ;)

I have learned that the length and type of itinerary dictates the average age more than the cruiseline itself. And yes, we are still one of the younger ones aboard, but we aren't alone.

It was very hard for my wife and I not to crack up, but the table was right across from ours, we both had to bite our tongues. We had some really good laughs about the remark after supper was over.

It was really me. I don't eat Caesar Salad. I wanted a "Traditional Salad" ... but it was not on the menu, so I tried to make my own. Didn't you hear me say I wanted blue cheese crumbles, real bacon bits, and extra lettuce also? :D . . . just kidding. But I might try ordering that on my next cruise.

It was really me. I don't eat Caesar Salad. I wanted a "Traditional Salad" ... but it was not on the menu, so I tried to make my own. Didn't you hear me say I wanted blue cheese crumbles, real bacon bits, and extra lettuce also? :D . . . just kidding. But I might try ordering that on my next cruise.

Can you turn my Caesar salad into a chef salad? Extra ranch. K, thanks, bye.

The silliest comment I ever heard was at the Alaska Airlines check-in desk as we were preparing to board our flight to our port city.

The woman in front of us was insisting that her Doctor said she had to have an exit row seat, since she had just had serious back surgery and was in such terrible pain that she could hardly move. The obviously frustrated agent was extremely patient with her and finally was able to convince her that only able-bodied passengers could fulfill the requirements of exit row seating.

When it was my turn, I told the agent that I suffered from severe flight anxiety and my Doctor said I had to sit on the captain's lap. She cracked up. :D

Although this comment concerns Cunard, it came from an experienced HAL passenger. "You mean you get on the ship in New York and get off in Southampton and don't call at any ports for a whole week! What kind of a cruise is that? I've never heard of such a thing".

Not such a silly question. I have been on TAs that stopped in Bermuda, Madeira, Iceland, Greenland, Newfoundland and Nova Scotia. Not all on the same cruise but there were stops on all three of our TA cruises.