Protest Shareholder Benefit Non-Combinability

I'm looking for people to join me in writing, calling, emailing - whatever communication method you prefer -- RCCL Investor Relations to voice our strong objections as shareholders to RCCL's non-combinability policy for the shareholder benefit.

It makes no sense to ask shareholders to "pay" (by relinquishing our benefit) for offers that are made available at no cost to other RCCL customers. Why should we have to give up a $250 OBC to get a 'free' beverage package -- one that actually IS free to anyone else?

If this were a matter of choosing among offers available exclusively to shareholders, it would be understandable. As it is, the policy provides a strong incentive to switch to Carnival lines where they still treat shareholders with courtesy and respect.

We need to speak up, not just say, "Oh, well. It was nice while it lasted."

Join me, please! Here's the contact info for Investor Relations:

Primary IR Contact

Elizabeth Oates

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

Phone: (305) 982-2625

Fax: (305) 982-4900

E-mail: investorrelations@rccl.com

I'm looking for people to join me in writing, calling, emailing - whatever communication method you prefer -- RCCL Investor Relations to voice our strong objections as shareholders to RCCL's non-combinability policy for the shareholder benefit.

It makes no sense to ask shareholders to "pay" (by relinquishing our benefit) for offers that are made available at no cost to other RCCL customers. Why should we have to give up a $250 OBC to get a 'free' beverage package -- one that actually IS free to anyone else?

If this were a matter of choosing among offers available exclusively to shareholders, it would be understandable. As it is, the policy provides a strong incentive to switch to Carnival lines where they still treat shareholders with courtesy and respect.

Primary IR Contact

Elizabeth Oates

Another point. Royal Caribbean does not "profit" or "benefit" in any way from our owning their stock. Once stock is issued, it is owned by other people. When you buy it, you are buying it from other people, not from RC.

They don't care if you own their stock. It's just a little gimmick to offer OBC at all. If you own Apple stock, you can't just walk into an Apple store and get $$$ off an Apple device, can you?

:)

Another point. Royal Caribbean does not "profit" or "benefit" in any way from our owning their stock. Once stock is issued, it is owned by other people. When you buy it, you are buying it from other people, not from RC.

They don't care if you own their stock. It's just a little gimmick to offer OBC at all. If you own Apple stock, you can't just walk into an Apple store and get $$$ off an Apple device, can you?

:)

Hey we agree! :D

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I buy stock for the potential to make a profit on that stock. As previously mentioned, it has gone from low $30's to mid $50s in a year. I have done well because of that. I didn't buy it to get a few dollars of an OBC, I bought it to assist me in my retirement, by making me money. Speaking of which, I need to go hit the sell button!

I agree with the rest. I agree with the not so new anymore policy of cutting back the double / triple .... dipping. As a stockholder, everything helping the bottom line makes me happy.

So maybe we need to start supporting the policy by writing.;)

RCCI started the stock holders benefits then took it away, Not a good policy. I bought mine when it was around $7 and I still hold on to it even at $51. I find that sometimes it the benefit works for me, I booked a TA with a TA tour group and did not need an up grade, so I used the stock holders benefit to get $250 OBC. Yes I might need to do the math, but my price with the agency was toooooo good to worry about.

A possible suggestion for RCCI, would be to give OBC based on a formulae for amount of stock held and the price people are paying/length of the cruise. They used to give OBC just for 100 shares, based on the length of the cruise.

RCCI started the stock holders benefits then took it away, Not a good policy. I bought mine when it was around $7 and I still hold on to it even at $51. I find that sometimes it the benefit works for me, I booked a TA with a TA tour group and did not need an up grade, so I used the stock holders benefit to get $250 OBC. Yes I might need to do the math, but my price with the agency was toooooo good to worry about.

It didn't get taken away

As a solo cruiser I use the stockholder benefit on every cruise. It makes planning a lot simpler - I can book early and lock in a price and know exactly what the benefit will be. It's always the same or more than any other potential benefit. I don't have to buy and juggle next cruise certificates. I don't have to watch for savings certificates. The only thing I have to watch for is for price drops.

It would be nice if there were more combinability, but currently there's not. As I said, it actually makes the cruise planning much easier. I had the good fortune to be able to cruise a lot last year and the total stockholder benefit I received was an enormous amount.

It didn't get taken away

MY apologies for the poor writing, I must have been thinking about the later part of my post, where I said I was using the OBC from Share holders benefits on my next cruise.

If you are unhappy with the policy, sell the stock. That is what we did after 3 years of ownership. Once I hit platinum and now Diamond the OBC was of no use because of the balcony discounts. It also did not help if we had a FCC.

I did enjoy the dividend payout as well as seeing the stock rise in price. I purchased it when the CAN and US dollar were at par, and I just sold it a few weeks ago for a nice profit and exchange was in our favour making it even better. The perks were nice and stating I owned RC stock was fun. However once the perks were not as effective it was better to say I sold the stock for a profit which was the best part.

Sorry OP, writing campaign won't do much good, especially since the non combinability rules have been in effect for quite a while.

Yes, many recall the good old days of combining stock benefit, coupons and balcony discount. Now we have to select which is best. Depending on the cruise, sometimes the stock certificate is the best option to use. We took a celebrity cruise with no discounts and were able to use the $250 benefit. The stock benefit is better than using a next cruise on a three night cruise if not booking a balcony cabin.

It really is no different from a new cruiser booking a WOW promotion and a loyal customer also booking and not being able to combine it with a generally offered balcony discount.

I am happy that the company still provides the benefit for those who can use it. As a shareholder, I am happier that the stock is higher than it has been for years.

Like Rccl, there are a few companies that offer investor benefits. We were able to take advantage of some special offerings from IBM.

Good luck, m

Primary IR Contact

Elizabeth Oates

enjoy carnival cruise lines...:rolleyes: Bottom line is the stock price and dividend

enjoy carnival cruise lines...:rolleyes: Bottom line is the stock price and dividend
Would you show me how not allowing RCI to not allow combining OBC improves the stock price and dividend? This was done in 2008 and their was no improvement in prices until recently, in fact the stock price and dividend fell after they did this and did not recover until 2013. look at the dividend history yourself. http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-dividends

Would you show me how not allowing RCI to not allow combining OBC improves the stock price and dividend? This was done in 2008 and their was no improvement in prices until recently, in fact the stock price and dividend fell after they did this and did not recover until 2013. look at the dividend history yourself. http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-dividends

I believe there is a little confusion in what someone is trying to say. From what I am reading Thetrail is saying -- if you don't like the stock holder offering/benefit then enjoy what Carnival Cruise line offers by buying their stock and cruising on them.

To FLACRUISER99 -- stock prices plummeted in 2008. I wasn't a stock holder of Royal back then, but LOTS of stocks plummeted and it had nothing to do with changing the offering for stock holders when they cruised on a Royal ship...it had everything to do with the overall economy.

I am a stock holder now, and sincerely hope the stock continues to increase in value. The OBC will only be of benefit to me, in a very few situations, and that is fine.....I totally look forward to a rise in its price and dividends. The rest will just be 'icing on the cake'.

The $250 is just an added bonus as others have mentioned. If you don't like it no one is forcing you to take the added bonus. I can think of many things to do with $250 OBC. If you don't want to own the stock you are free to sell it.

You could use your OBC for specialty dining, put it towards a beverage package or shore excursion.

I believe there is a little confusion in what someone is trying to say. From what I am reading Thetrail is saying -- if you don't like the stock holder offering/benefit then enjoy what Carnival Cruise line offers by buying their stock and cruising on them.

To FLACRUISER99 -- stock prices plummeted in 2008. I wasn't a stock holder of Royal back then, but LOTS of stocks plummeted and it had nothing to do with changing the offering for stock holders when they cruised on a Royal ship...it had everything to do with the overall economy.

I am a stock holder now, and sincerely hope the stock continues to increase in value. The OBC will only be of benefit to me, in a very few situations, and that is fine.....I totally look forward to a rise in its price and dividends. The rest will just be 'icing on the cake'.

Seems you "get" the gist of the post....K.O....:)...And you also realize that changing the offering for stockholders had a big zero effect on the stock prices in 2008. Thanks again

Anytime someone wants to sell their Royal stock over what they perceive is unacceptable 'onboard' cruising benefits, is missing the point of having the stock -- at least in my opinion.

I see the industry as continuing to thrive, and hope the value of the stock continues to rise, everything else is 'icing on the cake'.