Changes to the Next Cruise Program

Looking at those two extra ones we bought last month with great disappointment if we don't get the deal we were sold at the time. Not ready to book yet to find out. The $100 each deposit is still better than the $400 deposit normally required, particularly if we book a fair way out, and particularly if we go b2b. Time will tell I guess.

Could someone please refresh my memory? What was the old system. :confused:

I found this on an old thread? Were these the correct amounts?

If so, I should have $150 for my upcoming 14 night cruise, not the $75 they are offering now because it's already booked. Dang, I hope they don't "bait & switch" those of us who are already booked using an NCC.

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

If so, I should have $150 for my upcoming 14 night cruise, not the $75 they are offering now because it's already booked. Dang, I hope they don't "bait & switch" those of us who are already booked using an NCC.

Yes they are the old amounts.

In the past, they have honored the terms that were in effect at the time the NCC was purchased.

Honestly I've been expecting to read they are doing away with them totally.

Of course I can't imagine the flooded emails and calls they would get.

I have not read the link yet. Are they still 100.00 a piece? If so, I guess we are still getting a "reduced deposit" if the cruise is 7 nights or longer.

I have not read the link yet. Are they still 100.00 a piece? If so, I guess we are still getting a "reduced deposit" if the cruise is 7 nights or longer.

Yes, still reduced deposit of $100pp.

In the past, they have honored the terms that were in effect at the time the NCC was purchased.

I hope so too! I will book mark this date, and of course I have a prior date on my NCC- we will see how it goes, but by the time I book another, it may have changed again, it will be a while I think!

If you look at the PDF, NCC once converted to a cruise are only worth 25 OBC for 5-7 days (nothing for 3-4 nights); it's not a poke in the eye, but it's also not 100 bucks anymore. :(

I hope so too! I will book mark this date, and of course I have a prior date on my NCC- we will see how it goes, but by the time I book another, it may have changed again, it will be a while I think!

If you look at the PDF, NCC once converted to a cruise are only worth 25 OBC for 5-7 days (nothing for 3-4 nights); it's not a poke in the eye, but it's also not 100 bucks anymore. :(

I only have one unused NCC at the moment. I'm planning to hold on to it until 2015 and use it for a last minute, cheap as I can find, solo 7 night cruise to somewhere (so I can make Diamond on my already booked 14 nighter). I'll hold out hope that it will still be worth $100 OBC for me, but if not, it's not like I'm not going to use it. I spent the 100 bucks on it, so it will be used. I'll probably still try to keep one on hand for the reduced deposit benefit, but won't stock up any more.

I generally book pretty far in advance, and will most likely NEVER be on a cruise when new itineraries are announced (you couldn't give me a free cruise during Spring Break) so I'll have to have an NCC or pay the full deposit to get the best cabins on a newly released itinerary. I just don't see being able to book a specific cruise while on board another, and actually sticking with that selection.

Since the NCC is an open booking, the date of booking on the invoice is the date you purchased the NCC onboard a prior cruise and not the date when you called to pick your next sailing with the NCC.

Also, in the fine print it now says "Open Bookings do not expire."

So at least there's one minor improvement in an otherwise major disappointing policy change for those of us sailing on shorter cruises or in an interior/outside stateroom.

I've been waiting for this to happen ever since Celebrity drastically cut the OBC's I got using my Celebrity Open Passages. I think a 15 day TA went from $300 to $50!!! That's the same as a 4/5 day on Celebrity. So no way no how am I buying any more NCC or Celeb. Open Passages. OTOH they were never combinable w/ my stockholder's benefit so now maybe I can use that!

I also can't see RCI changing "Terms and Conditions" on Open Booking certificates already purchased....

Very disappointed in the way RCI continues to treat it's loyal following...let's see what they do next :(

Catch this wonderful gotcha in the fine print:

If the original ship and sail date selected while onboard is changed in the future, we reserve the right to adjust the onboard credit amount to the Open Booking model between $25 - $100 per stateroom based on length of cruise

Good catch. But is anyone really surprised? This is Royal Caribbean after all, they do tend to do things without regard to ANY loyalty toward their loyal customers.

I have sailed well over Twenty 7 night cruises on Royal Caribbean, I love the ships, the people who work on board, BUT….I can't stand the way Corporate treats their customers. I guess those of us loyal to Royal are gluttons for punishment.

Come on Royal, what are you trying to do? De-perk yourself right out of business?

I think they are trying to win the business of the 90 percent of people who have never cruised, especially families. Notice the 3rd and 4th passenger free sale.

They still give nice perks to the Loyals but they are getting cut…just like the airlines. They make more profit on the Newbies.

Well, this sucks. No big advantage in purchasing NCC's. They should have been consistent and based the NCC's on the type of cabins.

I have 3 already purchased and wonder if they are grandfathered to the original stipulations.

Gee, I wonder why they did not make this announcement to the C&A universe and have to find out about it tru a CC member.

Being a solo cruiser and on limited income, I like NCC because of the $100 reduced deposit. I can't always have the money together for the regular deposit when I am ready to book my cruise.

Yeah, but before the change(s) you got the best of both.

Good catch. But is anyone really surprised? This is Royal Caribbean after all, they do tend to do things without regard to ANY loyalty toward their loyal customers.

I have sailed well over Twenty 7 night cruises on Royal Caribbean, I love the ships, the people who work on board, BUT….I can't stand the way Corporate treats their customers. I guess those of us loyal to Royal are gluttons for punishment.

I suspect the only way that is going to change is with a substantial negative e-mail feedback flurry from RCI customers complaining...

Catch this wonderful gotcha in the fine print:

If the original ship and sail date selected while onboard is changed in the future, we reserve the right to adjust the onboard credit amount to the Open Booking model between $25 - $100 per stateroom based on length of cruise

I hope that means if you change your category and/or length of sailing. I would think that you would not get penalized for just changing from one date to another keeping the same category.

I purchased two open ended bookings last year while on Oasis. When my open ended booking was applied to my balcony cabin, which had $150 obc the $100 obc with the open ended booking cancelled out the $150. When I contacted my TA about this matter(Big Agency) she replied duh, no kidding. I had no idea this would happen. Going again on Oasis, but no more open ended bookings for me.