RCCL Crown & Anchor/ Celebrity's Captain Club Benefit

We are frequent cruisers on Celebrity and members of Celebrity's Captain's Club. We have also sailed on RCCL and are members of the Crown & Anchor Club.

We do know that Celebrity does take into account your sailings on RCCL to calculate your level in the Captain's Club.

Is the reverse true? Due you get credit on RCCL for sailing on Celebrity?

The benefit is for reciprocal status levels only.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=971&faqSubjectId=340

Points are not accrued in the Celebrity program when sailing on Royal, nor in C&A for sailing on Celebrity.

Edited by nolesrule

We are frequent cruisers on Celebrity and members of Celebrity's Captain's Club. We have also sailed on RCCL and are members of the Crown & Anchor Club.

We do know that Celebrity does take into account your sailings on RCCL to calculate your level in the Captain's Club.

Is the reverse true? Due you get credit on RCCL for sailing on Celebrity?

You do not get any points added to your Celebrity account when you sail RCCL, and do not get any points added to your RCCL account when you sail Celebrity. What you do get is a very generous reciprocal benefits package. Diamond, Diamond Plus or Pinnacle on RCCL will get you Elite on Celebrity. Elite, Elite plus or Zenith will get you Diamond on RCCL.

enjoy

M

I just read that if I was in the Q & A area, and brought a friend that had never cruised on RCCL, I would get a $25 OBC. Does anyone here know about this? Does the friend have to be in another room, or can it be mine?

I just read that if I was in the Q & A area, and brought a friend that had never cruised on RCCL, I would get a $25 OBC. Does anyone here know about this? Does the friend have to be in another room, or can it be mine?

The friend/relative can be sharing your cabin, they just need to be new to RCI.

Gill

Hello, I just want to let you know that I had a bad time trying to bring up the area for the Crown & Anchor, so I decided to make a phone call to RCCL. It was on the "5th" (the other calls kept dropping me off, or hanging up before I could talk with someone) call, that I finally got through. It wasn't that department, but they transferred me over. To make the long story short, the lady in customer service, after checking out that I was a Q & A member, said she would put my OBC for $25 on there for me, and my TA should let me know within a couple days. I hope this pans out, as I told the lady, I had a BAD experience on RCCL before, so hopefully this will be better. So if you have a friend/relative that has never booked on RCCl, you can get a $25 OBC too.:)

Hello, I just want to let you know that I had a bad time trying to bring up the area for the Crown & Anchor, so I decided to make a phone call to RCCL. It was on the "5th" (the other calls kept dropping me off, or hanging up before I could talk with someone) call, that I finally got through. It wasn't that department, but they transferred me over. To make the long story short, the lady in customer service, after checking out that I was a Q & A member, said she would put my OBC for $25 on there for me, and my TA should let me know within a couple days. I hope this pans out, as I told the lady, I had a BAD experience on RCCL before, so hopefully this will be better. So if you have a friend/relative that has never booked on RCCl, you can get a $25 OBC too.:)

You are lucky they even spoke to you. You do not own your reservation after you turned it over to a TA.

I've got another C&A/Captain's Club question for those of you in this thread who may know.

Say I'm D or D+ with C&A and I take my first cruise with Celebrity. I understand that I'd start off with Elite benefits. But how many Elite "club points" would I be given as we start working towards Elite Plus? Does it default to the Elite entry-level of 300 points? Or is there some scale involved based on how many points we have with C&A?

I've got another C&A/Captain's Club question for those of you in this thread who may know.

Say I'm D or D+ with C&A and I take my first cruise with Celebrity. I understand that I'd start off with Elite benefits. But how many Elite "club points" would I be given as we start working towards Elite Plus? Does it default to the Elite entry-level of 300 points? Or is there some scale involved based on how many points we have with C&A?

If you've never been on the other line before you start at 0 points.

There is reciprocal status, but you can only earn points on each line by cruising the line.

Edited by nolesrule

And unless it changed very recently, Elite is as high as Celebrity goes right now.

It's changed. They added Elite Plus and Zenith. But they can only be attained through points, not reciprocity (like D+ and Pinnacle).

If you've never been on the other line before you start at 0 points.

There is reciprocal status, but you can only earn points on each line by cruising the line.

Elite benefits but zero points! You will have to start from scratch as far as points.

Yikes. Thank you both for the confirmation.

For some reason, that scenario never crossed my mind. I knew that nights on Celebrity wouldn't earn points on RC and vice versa, but I had never considered that starting with Elite status and benefits wouldn't also include a comparable level of points if we wanted to start working up the ladder with Celebrity as well.

So it looks like moving past either D+ or Elite is not something I'm going to be able to accomplish any time soon. But it won't be for lack of trying, I assure you. :D

And unless it changed very recently, Elite is as high as Celebrity goes right now.

It has. https://secure.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=cc_the_club

On my cruise on the Grandeur March 18th, there was a rumor going around that they might drop the crossover status in the future between RCCL and Celebrity. I sure hope it was just a rumor. I heard it from a Pinnacle cruiser. Anybody else hear this?

Gwen :)