How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

10 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

No, I won't be selling up to travel full time, but with travel times to get to anywhere apart from Oceania, we are looking at 15- 25 hours flying time, it makes sense to spend more like 4-6 weeks rather than just two weeks. If you do that a few times each year along with some travel back in Australia for a week here or a weekend there, it is easy to be spending around 12 weeks of each year travelling. Still leaves 40 weeks at home itself

Alright.  Now let's do some math.  Split the difference and say 5 weeks and define "few" as 3 then you're already looking at 15 weeks .  But it seems like you're cruising a lot more than that.  Like you get home and you're already counting down the days.  We met a couple on our Norwegian cruise who travel almost full time.  Biking all over Europe, etc. They finally sold their home in Australia and I can't remember if they rent there or what on those occasions when they're home.  You may find the same.  Regardless, I'm sure you'll have fun. BTW, we have those long travels also.  We have no interest in Alaska, Mexico or Hawaii so we fly from here to , say, SF, layover, to Houston, longer layover, to Rio.  Something like 15 hours flying plus the layovers.  Not really any better to Europe.

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

21 days to my next cruise

Our first cruise was in 1973 and second in 1994.From 1967 to 2002 we did land trips every year .In 2003 when I had the first of my many illnesses we slowed down on land trips and then cruises only beginning 2008.

Happy you're healthy to cruise now!  Enjoy!  :classic_smile:

1 minute ago, OCruisers said:

Happy you're healthy to cruise now!  Enjoy!  :classic_smile:

Unfortunately I will never be totally healthy again but that will not stop me from cruising.

In 1998 I suffered from a horrific accident and fractured many of the bones in my body.

A co worker came to see me in the ER and was 100 percent positive that I would not survive.

I told her that I would be at the office Christmas party later that month.She smiled.

I recovered enough to sign myself out of the hospital and attend the party.Everyone was shocked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Unfortunately I will never be totally healthy again but that will not stop me from cruising.

In 1998 I suffered from a horrific accident and fractured many of the bones in my body.

A co worker came to see me in the ER and was 100 percent positive that I would not survive.

I told her that I would be at the office Christmas party later that month.She smiled.

I recovered enough to sign myself out of the hospital and attend the party.Everyone was shocked.

Goodness, I hope you can continue to cruise as well.

3 hours ago, clo said:

Alright.  Now let's do some math.  Split the difference and say 5 weeks and define "few" as 3 then you're already looking at 15 weeks .  But it seems like you're cruising a lot more than that.  Like you get home and you're already counting down the days.  We met a couple on our Norwegian cruise who travel almost full time.  Biking all over Europe, etc. They finally sold their home in Australia and I can't remember if they rent there or what on those occasions when they're home.  You may find the same.  Regardless, I'm sure you'll have fun. BTW, we have those long travels also.  We have no interest in Alaska, Mexico or Hawaii so we fly from here to , say, SF, layover, to Houston, longer layover, to Rio.  Something like 15 hours flying plus the layovers.  Not really any better to Europe.

We do not travel for 15 weeks a year, as said closer to 12 weeks, but I accept your reasoning. We will continue to travel as much as we can manage and afford and do It while we are young, as we have seen too many people have health stop their travel plans. It can happen anytime.

Yep, we have places we want to go to but had put off for lack of time or money at the time. Things have since happened there , change of government, terrorist actions or such (some African countries, Middle East). Now we cannot travel to these places due to safety concerns (no travel insurance will cover you) and we know we may never get there.

My wife and I did driving trips years ago .Our goal was to get to every US state and every Canadian province.We never thought about Europe or Asia  and therefore never got to go. However,one of our daughters has been all over the world and is still young enough to do a lot more travelling.

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife and I did driving trips years ago .Our goal was to get to every US state and every Canadian province.We never thought about Europe or Asia  and therefore never got to go. However,one of our daughters has been all over the world and is still young enough to do a lot more travelling.

We have been to 36 of the US states, will like to get to a few more eventually.

6 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Are you coming all the way to Sydney?

No, it is a R/T San Diego. Looks like Bora Bora will be the closest we get to you.

We've been to your fair city, though, on a brief bed-n-breakfast (small hotel) trip. We took a number of day-trips to areas away from the city, and did wander around (a large park with a pond? and to the top of the tower with the rotating bar and restaurant?) on our own. A kangaroo bit me at the animal park! And we enjoyed the wineries' day.

1 minute ago, crystalspin said:

Fortunately the money is ear-marked so it's just a matter of calling my PCC with the card-number. But it does feel more "real", once it's finalized!

Oh, I know.  But it did make it 'real.'

That itinerary sounds nice, Your trip to Sydney was a real adventure. 

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

No, it is a R/T San Diego. Looks like Bora Bora will be the closest we get to you.

We've been to your fair city, though, on a brief bed-n-breakfast (small hotel) trip. We took a number of day-trips to areas away from the city, and did wander around (a large park with a pond? and to the top of the tower with the rotating bar and restaurant?) on our own. A kangaroo bit me at the animal park! And we enjoyed the wineries' day.