What DOESN'T happen on a 3 day cruise?

Except for a quick 2 night preview cruise all my cruises have been 7 days or longer. Now I am booked for a 3 night. What sort of things should I NOT expect to be going on? I know people try to cram a week of fun into 3 days but I'm realistic that it isn't possible; they can't do all the activities or events. What are the major changes?

I didn't even know they did 3 night cruises.

Do you even unpack for something that short?

Wife and I think we can do it with 1 medium sized roll on. If I can unpack in under 3 minutes, I'll do it. If more than that...ditch that...can't waste that much time on a 3 night.

You don't get 3 full days. If you get on early and get off late you come within a few hours, but...not 3 days.

We did a 5 nighter last year, and then realised there was just 4 full on board days, so it was very lucky we already had another trip booked otherwise I would have really been too sad. Way too short! It was called a sampler also and there seemed to be just about everything that is normally available, as they want you to get a good idea of the ship.

Only one production show. No complimentary lobster on the menu. Depending on the ship, there might not be a repeater's party.

There is one on Majesty for both the 3 day and 4 day. Repeaters Party.

Edited by BillOh

No formal night

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Incorrect as far as Majesty and her 3 day. Though it was considerably less formal, by observation than other cruises.

Are you talking about a 3 day cruise (2 nights on the ship), or a 3 night cruise? What ship? I've been on quite a few 3 night cruises out of Port Canaveral on various ships. The one thing you might miss is that there are are no sea days, but there are plenty of things to keep you busy.

Wife and I think we can do it with 1 medium sized roll on. If I can unpack in under 3 minutes, I'll do it. If more than that...ditch that...can't waste that much time on a 3 night.

We have done Majesty 10 times, 9 of them the 3 night weekender. We use 2 small carryon's; but one medium roll on would work fine. There is 'formal night'; but we do 'club dressy'; less formal, easier to pack but still bright and dressy enough. Let's face it 2 bathing suits; 3 pairs of shorts and a few shirts and bathing suit cover ups; add our gym clothes...and only 2 pair of shoes, plus the ones we are wearing -- all can fit into a medium....with whatever we plan for the evenings. It works fine!

We use two small carry ons, only because we like to pack individually. Can't blame someone for leaving something OUT of the suitcase like that (LOL). We do unpack in about 3 minutes, BTW.

Edited by Paulette3028

Wow, I take it back! On the RC site it does list 1 formal night for 3, 4 and 5-night cruises ("smart casual" is zero for 3 & 4 nighters).

I would've sworn when I did 3-nighters with a highly cruised pal that she told me there was no formal night. (I always dress up for the dining room so it made no never-mind to me.) Hmmm... guess I was misinformed!!!

Wow, I take it back! On the RC site it does list 1 formal night for 3, 4 and 5-night cruises ("smart casual" is zero for 3 & 4 nighters).

I would've sworn when I did 3-nighters with a highly cruised pal that she told me there was no formal night. (I always dress up for the dining room so it made no never-mind to me.) Hmmm... guess I was misinformed!!!

Monarch did away with formal night on its 3 night cruises for a while. It was listed smart casual in the Cruise Compass. Could that have been it?