Celebrity Captains Club Elite lounge

alanbab

Does anyone know where the Elite Lounge will be now that Michaels club is to be used for suite guests. I'm mainly thinking about breakfast on the M class ships. I'm sure that evening cocktails will be in the lounges at the top of the ship (Sky lounge etc). We never liked the breakfast in Michaels on M class much preferring the setup on the Solstice class ships where it is served in Tuscan Grill. Maybe they will use the new restaurant ( formerly the flower shop) on the M class ships. Does anybody know!! Cheers and thanks.

I think it might depend on how many Elites are on board.

In Oct'13, Infinity TA, 3 drinks vouchers were given per day, to be used in most bars, as there were too many Elites on board, for everyone to fit into the Sky Lounge between 5-7pm.

The Elite breakfast was held on one side of the MDR.

Does anyone know where the Elite Lounge will be now that Michaels club is to be used for suite guests. I'm mainly thinking about breakfast on the M class ships. We never liked the breakfast in Michaels on M class much preferring the setup on the Solstice class ships where it is served in Tuscan Grill. Maybe they will use the new restaurant ( formerly the flower shop) on the M class ships. Does anybody know!! Cheers and thanks.

Which ship? On Constellation it was in Tuscan.

Maybe they will use the new restaurant (formerly the flower shop) on the M class ships. Does anybody know!! Cheers and thanks.

First, I have to ask, what new restaurant? On which ship(s)?

As for the Elite lounge, I have read in other threads here that they are supposedly in process of switching to vouchers on all ships, although when I asked about this in a current Summit roll call thread and was told they still had the lounge (upstairs) on their cruise. So who knows.

I have been on Connie for two cruises and Silhouette this year and both had elite happy hour in Sky lounge and breakfast in Tuscan. There were two days when special events were occurred that would not let these happen and these were moved to Ocean liners for breakfast.

The second Connie cruise had a lot of elites and breakfast was held in two venues the Ocean Liners and Tuscan at the same time. You had and option. We tried both. Both were great.

First, I have to ask, what new restaurant? On which ship(s)?

As for the Elite lounge, I have read in other threads here that they are supposedly in process of switching to vouchers on all ships, although when I asked about this in a current Summit roll call thread and was told they still had the lounge (upstairs) on their cruise. So who knows.

Hi Bill, when the M class were "Solsticizied" they had restaurants

built upstairs where the conservatory used to be located. So they

are not really "new" anymore.....all the ships were changed over

about 2 years ago.

And it depends on how many Elite Members are on board....that

is really how they decide if vouchers are being used.

yes, the breakfasts are exactly the same.

Not sure about the Elite Breakfasts. Tugger posted on her "Live From" thread that they had taken a turn and there was no buffet set up. She has not been back to the thread to clarify more. Here is the post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42608638&postcount=63

Not sure about the Elite Breakfasts. Tugger posted on her "Live From" thread that they had taken a turn and there was no buffet set up. She has not been back to the thread to clarify more. Here is the post:

Boy -- that doesn't sound very nice at all --- on the Eclipse April 5th, it was the regular continental buffet in the Tuscan Grill. It was very nice, with friendly service.

I hope Tuggers experience is just a weird test.

Boy -- that doesn't sound very nice at all --- on the Eclipse April 5th, it was the regular continental buffet in the Tuscan Grill. It was very nice, with friendly service.

I hope Tuggers experience is just a weird test.

Latest post by Gail (Tuggers). Doesn't look good and I'm really upset. My DH is going to also be upset.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42625508&postcount=70

Latest post by Gail (Tuggers). Doesn't look good and I'm really upset. My DH is going to also be upset.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42625508&postcount=70

I feel the same about the comment in that link about passengers feeling the Zennith is out of reach.

I am getting close to getting into Elite Plus, but I don't see any need or have the desire to chase after it. I think many get into chasing after the higher levels when they start to cruise. We did that on other lines and then found like most times the journey was more fun than the destination. After attaining those levels the benefits were either changed, eliminated or found that it didn't really change anything for us.

If I ever reach Zenith I am sure that the benefits will change or the cruise line may not be there. as it will probably be close to 20 years at my present rate of 120 to 140 per year and I doubt that I will be doing that.

Nothing to be concerned or worry about. I will just continue to take the cruises that I feel give me the best value.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I feel the same about the comment in that link about passengers feeling the Zennith is out of reach.

I am getting close to getting into Elite Plus, but I don't see any need or have the desire to chase after it. I think many get into chasing after the higher levels when they start to cruise. We did that on other lines and then found like most times the journey was more fun than the destination. After attaining those levels the benefits were either changed, eliminated or found that it didn't really change anything for us.

If I ever reach Zenith I am sure that the benefits will change or the cruise line may not be there. as it will probably be close to 20 years at my present rate of 120 to 140 per year and I doubt that I will be doing that.

Nothing to be concerned or worry about. I will just continue to take the cruises that I feel give me the best value.

/QUOTE]

for the carrot and the stick to to work, the donkey has to at least be able to see the carrot -- We're recently Elite Plus, but we'll likely never see Zenith -- extra points for a higher category cabin are meaningless to us.

donkeymotivation.gif

Well, THAT is disappointing! I just got to Elite and if I can't get fresh OJ in the Elite breakfast I won't be happy. As other posts have said, it's not worth going after the extra points at this point. I could possibly upgrade to Concierge for $30 pp on my next cruise but I don't see the need for the extra points and have not been real impressed with CC the two times I've tried it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

Well, THAT is disappointing! I just got to Elite and if I can't get fresh OJ in the Elite breakfast I won't be happy. As other posts have said, it's not worth going after the extra points at this point. I could possibly upgrade to Concierge for $30 pp on my next cruise but I don't see the need for the extra points and have not been real impressed with CC the two times I've tried it.

I don't think anyone has commented that the juice or coffee options have changed. The only reports we've had are that instead of a buffet, they are serving some sort of platter at the table.

OMG, they aren't serving fresh orange juice anymore? Or is it just speculation?

Edited by NLH Arizona

OMG, they aren't serving fresh orange juice anymore? Or is it just speculation?

Not sure. All I know is what Tuggers has posted on her Live From Thread which I referred to in my OP. In my original post I was asking if anyone else had more information regarding the breakfast as this has been the first report of the cut backs.

Not sure. All I know is what Tuggers has posted on her Live From Thread which I referred to in my OP. In my original post I was asking if anyone else had more information regarding the breakfast as this has been the first report of the cut backs.

Isn't it amazing how many complaints there has been over one posters experience. For all anyone knows, it will be a better experience; didn't a lot say they wanted to go back to the white glove service of olden days. Why don't people wait to see if this is how it is on their cruises (and see if there is any food items that have been cut, before they yell cutbacks, instead a change in the way the food is served), it might be a one off, and then if they don't like it then complain until the cows come home.

Edited by NLH Arizona

for the carrot and the stick to to work, the donkey has to at least be able to see the carrot -- We're recently Elite Plus, but we'll likely never see Zenith -- extra points for a higher category cabin are meaningless to us.

donkeymotivation.gif

Yes, I fall into that category as well. Not much chance of my ever seeing Zenith. So extra points are meaningless at this point. An intermediate category between Elite+ and Zenith might have motivated me to book up. Not the current setup.